Remember how excited Republicans were for this debate when Romney picked Ryan?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:18:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Remember how excited Republicans were for this debate when Romney picked Ryan?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Remember how excited Republicans were for this debate when Romney picked Ryan?  (Read 1129 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »
« edited: October 12, 2012, 12:16:22 AM by Lief »

Remember how the genius, forward-thinking Ryan was going to waltz into the VP debate and clobber that bumbling old fool, Joe Biden, with his big ideas and his brilliant explanatory skills and youthful demeanor? Conservatives were so excited about that inevitable victory in August. And now they're whining that Joe Biden smiled too much.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 12:13:29 AM »

I had a feeling this would happen. The expectations game makes this much worse.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:15:03 AM »

I remember it was either Politico or Winfield who said that by just being onstage with Biden, Ryan would win because he was younger and Joe was "washed up". I don't wanna be a douche but, I Told You So.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 12:17:31 AM »

Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) actually brought up the claim that BLS fixed the jobs numbers the job numbers. This was during MSNBC's Post debate coverage with Chris Matthews interviewing her. Her evidence? Well, UE was > 8% for 40 months, so why would it drop now? Hmm, I dunno, Marsha. Maybe because it has been dropping for months. You know they know they lost when they're resorting to their conspiracy theories. A Republican on my Facebook friends list claimed that Raddatz was paid off by Obama to take Biden's side. Lol.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 12:18:06 AM »

Not surprising.

Paul Ryan is "brilliant" in the same way people use to say Newt Gingrich is "brilliant".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:37 AM »

Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) actually brought up the claim that BLS fixed the jobs numbers the job numbers. This was during MSNBC's Post debate coverage with Chris Matthews interviewing her. Her evidence? Well, UE was > 8% for 40 months, so why would it drop now? Hmm, I dunno, Marsha. Maybe because it has been dropping for months. You know they know they lost when they're resorting to their conspiracy theories. A Republican on my Facebook friends list claimed that Raddatz was paid off by Obama to take Biden's side. Lol.

LOL, if they were trying to fix the jobs numbers to help Obama's re-election the BLS wouldn't be waiting until February to add those 386,000 they undercounted.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »

Remember how the genius, forward-thinking Ryan was going to waltz into the VP debate and clobber that bumbling old fool, Joe Biden, with his big ideas and his brilliant explanatory skills and youthful demeanor? Conservatives were so excited about that inevitable victory in August. And now they're whining that Joe Biden smiled too much.

And?

Ryan delivered.  Ole Joe will probably be parodied on SNL.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:33 AM »

Experience counts and Republicans didn't understand that. Now, they see just how much it counts for.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »

And?

Please explain why undecided voters thought Biden won, JJ. Still waiting on your NBC poll you cited earlier, JJ. Is it the discredited online CNBC poll, JJ? Do you believe the BLS jobs numbers, JJ?
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 08:37:39 AM »

Check your inputs, JJ. Either that or someone needs to switch out your brine, I'm not sure how you actually  work.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 11:05:07 AM »

And?

Biden alienated key constituencies and made several gaffs that will negatively effect the news cycle. 

Ryan did nothing wrong.  Ryan choice still looks brilliant.   
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 11:49:51 AM »

Ryan came across as a manchild. Biden is one of those politicians who you like or you don't, but he was on form and certainly didn't cock it up.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 11:52:52 AM »

I definitly believe that Biden won that, and I feel that the right should acquisce instead of playing this game after the dems gave in
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 11:58:50 AM »

When the definitive image of the debate is Biden appearing to share many qualities with a famous homicidal maniac, than you can't claim victory and demand everyone concede. 

Biden made serious errors on substance and Ryan didn't, I can't over look that either. 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »

When the definitive image of the debate is Biden appearing to share many qualities with a famous homicidal maniac, than you can't claim victory and demand everyone concede. 

Which homicidal maniac would that be?
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »

Check your inputs, JJ. Either that or someone needs to switch out your brine, I'm not sure how you actually  work.

Zing.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »

Biden made serious errors on substance and Ryan didn't, I can't over look that either. 
Yay, another (R) troll, congradulations on joining Winfield and Politico, I mean that was pushing it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »

Yay, another (R) troll, congradulations on joining Winfield and Politico, I mean that was pushing it.

He's been around for a while. Maybe he's the Paul Ryan to go along with Mitt and Ann.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 01:05:15 PM »

I was thinking heath ledger's joker, but now I might be leaning toward Jack Nicholson's because of the age thing...  I'm deciding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImFp-eayGp8
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »

I was thinking heath ledger's joker, but now I might be leaning toward Jack Nicholson's because of the age thing...  I'm deciding.

Be careful, buddy. If anybody on either ticket has Jack Nicholson's mojo that ticket is winning hands down.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

That's because there was no substance in Ryan's answers, only platitudes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »

And?

You do realize that both will be parodied on SNL, right?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »

And?

You do realize that both will be parodied on SNL, right?
Yes the parody of a really smart, really good looking guy who is serious and presidential vs a buffoonish clown is technically "both".   
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »

Yes the parody of a really smart, really good looking guy who is serious and presidential vs a buffoonish clown is technically "both".   

Biden is far better looking than the little nerd, AN.  Anyone with taste can see that.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »

Biden is far better looking than the little nerd, AN.  Anyone with taste can see that.

ummm, no. 

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies