Who gets the bounce?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:16:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who gets the bounce?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: After the crazy VP debate with some saying its a draw or biden win or ryan win who gets the bounce?
Obama/Biden

Romney/Ryan

No Bounce

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Who gets the bounce?  (Read 1613 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 07:52:03 AM »

No bounce.  Biden rallied the base; Ryan did well with undecided voters.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 08:19:14 AM »

Nobody gets a huge immediate bounce like last week, but Biden restored respect to Team Obama, if not in all quarters, then in a lot of the quarters it needs to win.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 08:38:10 AM »

I actually thought this was a horrible debate.

No offense, but that's a good indicator it was good for Dems.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 08:40:24 AM »

This will lead to a closing of the RV/LV gap that had been hurting Obama recently in the polls.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:34 AM »

My mother and her husband are voting for Obama because they claim he is the "lesser of two evils" and they think that he's trying and deserves a second chance. They are concerned though over lack of enthusiasm and recent polls. What's funny is they are against gay marriage, against abortion, ect ect and stand with Obama despite his positions. I believe they and many voters vote on personality.

I understand that you lack interest in public policy, but surely you're at least aware that wedge issues do not comprise the only substantive differences between the two tickets?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 09:21:44 AM »

There will not be a bounce for anyone.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 11:13:05 AM »

This debate stops the bleeding from BO/JB and puts the race in a freeze until Tuesday. Winner of Tuesday gets momentum.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »

The AP poll doesn't exist and the CNBC poll is an online poll that later flipped to an advantage for Biden.

Not only do disgruntled right-wingers distrust actual polls, they actually concoct their own. Brilliant! Even better than unskewing.

Waiting for the poll of evangelical adulterers. Should lean Ryan.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »

There's too little time in between the VP and second Presidential debates to measure any real bounce.  The second Presidential debate is next Tuesday.   The 7-day trackers won't be able to differentiate a post-VP debate bounce from the post-Presidential debate bounce without including pre-VP debate days.  The 3-day trackers will only be all post-VP debate for a day or two, which could just be measuring statistical noise instead of any prolonged bounce.

Sort of like Romney got "no bounce" from the RNC because the DNC was right afterwards and sort of cancelled it out in the tracking polls, yes? Either way, I think there will be some sort of bounce, probably undetected, because I'm assuming Democrats are more energized after last night. Biden did what Obama could not.

No.  I'm saying even if there is a bounce, there will be no real way to measure it because the second Presidential debate is so close to the Vice Presidential debate.  The conventions were a week apart.  There was a way to measure a bounce after the Republican debate with the 3-day trackers, which had three to four days of full post-RNC pre-DNC results.  Here, even the 3-day trackers will have little time to measure a bounce.  They will only be all post-Veep pre-second Presidential debate sample on Monday and maybe Tuesday - and even then, a one day bounce could possibly be statistical noise and not a real bounce.

That said, I don't think there will be much of a bounce.  Veep debates rarely cause one and there was no clear winner according to the polls.  Even SUSA had it only 48-41 Biden in the Ultra-Democratic state of California.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies