Biden laughing at the issues
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:56:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Biden laughing at the issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden laughing at the issues  (Read 980 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:56:47 AM »

New GOP ad reflecing how Biden doesn't take the issues seriously and just laughs them off during the VP debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCtemaHgjyA
wan
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »

New GOP ad reflecing how Biden doesn't take the issues seriously and just laughs them off during the VP debate.

there you go again lying making stuff up. I understand you upset ryan lost the debate have fin being an republican opps i mean independent
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:04:47 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2012, 01:07:22 AM by 5280 »

there you go again lying making stuff up. I understand you upset ryan lost the debate have fin being an republican opps i mean independent
I'm not making 'stuff' up, watch the video.  Joe Biden cannot defend Obama's record, it's a tough position to be in.  Brushing it off as something funny, is not funny.  Secondly, Ryan did not lose the debate, read the polls from CNN.  Ryan won 48%, Biden by 44%.  Another CNN poll

CNN Polls:

Who did a better job defending his running mate?

Ryan: 49%
Biden: 43%

Who did the debate make you more likely to vote for?

Obama: 21%
Romney: 28%
Neither: 50%
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:07:02 AM »

I'm not making 'stuff' up, watch the video.  Joe Biden cannot defend Obama's record, it's a tough position to be in.  Brushing it off as something funny, is not funny.  Secondly, Ryan did not lose the debate, read the polls from CNN.  Ryan won 48%, Biden by 44%.

And ABC said it was 50%-31% Biden.  But of course you know that. 
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »

Can argue about the polls all you want they're all useless for judging this esp with partisan agendas for post-debate spin. Call it a tie or nearly so, that's what it seemed like. Ryan was more on message, joe was on fiyaaaaa or something. All anyone will remember a week from now is the crazy laughing from Biden. This response ad was quicker than I thought it would take to jump on that fact. The snl parody is coming...
wan
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 01:14:24 AM »

I'm not making 'stuff' up, watch the video.  Joe Biden cannot defend Obama's record, it's a tough position to be in.  Brushing it off as something funny, is not funny.  Secondly, Ryan did not lose the debate, read the polls from CNN.  Ryan won 48%, Biden by 44%.

BREAKING NEWS ALSO CBS SAYS JOE BIDEN WON THE DEBATE
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 01:14:46 AM »

That's the CBS poll which was 50-31. And that poll was of undecided likely voters. The CNN poll the Republican above is citing to you is one of registered voters, and that poll also oversampled  Republicans.
Do not fear, however. Any Republican deficits will be made up for by attempted voter purges and intimidation.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 01:17:15 AM »

Is this supposed to be an attack ad? It's just a minute of Biden looking like a fun, happy guy.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 01:18:37 AM »

So winning the debate by being arrogant, laughing, smiling and interupting his opponent while he cant defend his record over the last 4 years? Sure, I believe it.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 01:21:00 AM »

So winning the debate by being arrogant, laughing, smiling and interupting his opponent while he cant defend his record over the last 4 years? Sure, I believe it.

Sooo... 5280 thinks polls are rigged. CBS in the tank for Obama. Do you believe the BLS manipulated jobs numbers, 5280? I wanna know how far you'll go.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 01:26:27 AM »

CNN Polls:

Who did a better job defending his running mate?

Ryan: 49%
Biden: 43%

Who did the debate make you more likely to vote for?

Obama: 21%
Romney: 28%
Neither: 50%

"Forty-eight percent of voters who watched the vice presidential debate think that Rep. Paul Ryan won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Thursday night's faceoff. Forty-four percent say that Vice President Joe Biden was victorious. The Republican running mate's four point advantage among a debate audience that was more Republican than the country as a whole is within the survey's sampling error."

And this is the most favorable one out there.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 01:31:19 AM »

Sooo... 5280 thinks polls are rigged. CBS in the tank for Obama. Do you believe the BLS manipulated jobs numbers, 5280? I wanna know how far you'll go.

Woah dude, he pointed out the tactics used to 'win' the debate. Nowhere was polling mentioned as rigged or CBS in the tank or any of your other tangential assumptions. The hard truth is that Biden was pushy and that looks like a win to most. He also blatantly ripped the intelligence community of the USA with his Benghazi lines and failed to win back those independents that Obama could use as a backup plan in case this mega gotv thing doesn't pan out.

Given Joe's performance and rhetoric used tonight it's not about the independent or centrist voter, it's about rallying the base and that's the basket the dems now have all their eggs in. Ryan went for solidifying their advantage with the centre with the multiple mentions of bipartisanship continuing on Romneys message from last week. It's yet to see which strategy will ultimately pay off.

Ultimately both sides made their backers pleased so I'd call that a tie if I ever saw one.
wan
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 01:34:24 AM »

that poll also oversampled  Republicans.

cbs obama win abc obama and among others
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 01:35:58 AM »

I'm not making 'stuff' up, watch the video.  Joe Biden cannot defend Obama's record, it's a tough position to be in.  Brushing it off as something funny, is not funny.  Secondly, Ryan did not lose the debate, read the polls from CNN.  Ryan won 48%, Biden by 44%.

And ABC said it was 50%-31% Biden.  But of course you know that.  

Woah dude, he pointed out the tactics used to 'win' the debate. Nowhere was polling mentioned as rigged or CBS in the tank or any of your other tangential assumptions. The hard truth is that Biden was pushy and that looks like a win to most. He also blatantly ripped the intelligence community of the USA with his Benghazi lines and failed to win back those independents that Obama could use as a backup plan in case this mega gotv thing doesn't pan out.

Given Joe's performance and rhetoric used tonight it's not about the independent or centrist voter, it's about rallying the base and that's the basket the dems now have all their eggs in. Ryan went for solidifying their advantage with the centre with the multiple mentions of bipartisanship continuing on Romneys message from last week. It's yet to see which strategy will ultimately pay off.

Ultimately both sides made their backers pleased so I'd call that a tie if I ever saw one.

The "sure I believe it" line smacked of sarcasm. If that's the case, then it's as I said it was. He doesn't believe the polls. If he does, then how can he deny it was a Biden win? I've only seen  one poll of UNDECIDED LIKELY VOTERS, and Biden won by 19.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 01:39:15 AM »

Hold up, didn't Romney steam roll the hell over Lehrer and Obama last week in the same fashion!? Didn't that make him presidential all the while waffling on positions he held over the last 6 yrs of running for office?!
wan
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 01:42:06 AM »

Hold up, didn't Romney steam roll the hell over Lehrer and Obama last week in the same fashion!? Didn't that make him presidential all the while waffling on positions he held over the last 6 yrs of running for office?!

right
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:24 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2012, 01:45:04 AM by 5280 »

I'm not making 'stuff' up, watch the video.  Joe Biden cannot defend Obama's record, it's a tough position to be in.  Brushing it off as something funny, is not funny.  Secondly, Ryan did not lose the debate, read the polls from CNN.  Ryan won 48%, Biden by 44%.

And ABC said it was 50%-31% Biden.  But of course you know that.  

There was a difference being friendly and arrogant and a loud mouth.  Biden was an arrogant, rude, loud mouth pompous.  You want to know how many times he interupted Ryan? 82 times, that's right.  He has no class, is tarnishing the VP postion and cannot take his job seriously.  Why should he be given another 4 years?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/rnc-biden-interrupted-ryan-82-times/article/2510543
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 01:44:51 AM »

The "sure I believe it" line smacked of sarcasm. If that's the case, then it's as I said it was. He doesn't believe the polls. If he does, then how can he deny it was a Biden win? I've only seen  one poll of UNDECIDED LIKELY VOTERS, and Biden won by 19.

Reading sarcasm into typed lines is always an effort in futility. Furthermore the fact that there is a debate about who won (and don't deny there is, only someone in a partisan bubble would call this a 100% net positive performance for either side: both candidates clearly were not even in getting their messages across) points to the fact that both sides of the divide are mostly happy with what their candidates said. Leaving the shifts to come from their intended audience, which no silly flash poll will capture.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 02:00:47 AM »

Reading sarcasm into typed lines is always an effort in futility. Furthermore the fact that there is a debate about who won (and don't deny there is, only someone in a partisan bubble would call this a 100% net positive performance for either side: both candidates clearly were not even in getting their messages across) points to the fact that both sides of the divide are mostly happy with what their candidates said. Leaving the shifts to come from their intended audience, which no silly flash poll will capture.

Win is a win bro. Romney played very loose with facts in debate #1 but this same CBS poll of undecideds gave Romney a win over Obama by only a slightly larger margin. Facts are facts. Can't cite one poll and then dismiss the same polling outfit a week later. Sorry bro
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 02:09:00 AM »

Win is a win bro. Romney played very loose with facts in debate #1 but this same CBS poll of undecideds gave Romney a win over Obama by only a slightly larger margin. Facts are facts. Can't cite one poll and then dismiss the same polling outfit a week later. Sorry bro

Not your bro, first off. Second, I don't cite polls, don't claim that I do when I don't. I have little to no faith in them hence my insistence on not reading too much into any of those currently trending. Which leads me to third: polls are not facts, period. They are polls, that's why there's margins of errors, etc. The debate tonight was not a blowout for either party, they did what their bases hoped, and therefore I believe will be insignificant in the larger dynamics of the race.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 02:13:25 AM »

Not your bro, first off. Second, I don't cite polls, don't claim that I do when I don't. I have little to no faith in them hence my insistence on not reading too much into any of those currently trending. Which leads me to third: polls are not facts, period. They are polls, that's why there's margins of errors, etc. The debate tonight was not a blowout for either party, they did what their bases hoped, and therefore I believe will be insignificant in the larger dynamics of the race.

19 points is well outside the margin of error. So you're a poll skeptic too? Do you also doubt the BLS #'s?
What do you use if not polls? Hold a wet finger to the wind? Intuition?
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »

dense. polls vary greatly depending on the enthusiasm of those being asked. All must be taken with salt, you can always hear results you want by asking the right questions. That being said they are useful in some instances. I simply ask that people are objective, but no one that cites polls as hard facts truly can claim to be doing anything except jumping on a bandwagon.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 02:30:21 AM »

Just like the Democrats last week, when you attack the demeanor and not the answers... You've lost.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 02:31:49 AM »

Joe Biden is legendary.

Now he needs to give Obama a few debate coaching lessons. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 02:58:51 AM »

Biden won the debate, but that was a hell of a good ad.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies