paul ryan lost the debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:13:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  paul ryan lost the debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: paul ryan lost the debate  (Read 3833 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 03:05:41 PM »

It is ridiculous how Ryan is soooo concerned over the national debt these days when he voted for the Iraq War which was financed off-budget, both rounds of Bush tax cuts and a Medicare Part D drug benefit which the Bush Administration lied about the true costs of.  We HAD a surplus when Clinton left office in 2000.  And what did we have when Bush left office after 2008?

It was lovely to see Biden point that out that Ryan criticizes Obama's stimulus plan when he himself sought funding from that stimulus for his district because "it will create growth and jobs." (Ryan's words).  I suppose this behavior should not be surprising from someone whose convention speech was filled with lies.
Wonkish1

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »

It is ridiculous how Ryan is soooo concerned over the national debt these days when he voted for the Iraq War which was financed off-budget, both rounds of Bush tax cuts and a Medicare Part D drug benefit which the Bush Administration lied about the true costs of.  We HAD a surplus when Clinton left office in 2000.  And what did we have when Bush left office after 2008?

It was lovely to see Biden point that out that Ryan criticizes Obama's stimulus plan when he himself sought funding from that stimulus for his district because "it will create growth and jobs." (Ryan's words).  I suppose this behavior should not be surprising from someone whose convention speech was filled with lies.

You know this reminds me...

I find it extremely annoying when the post debate commentary shifts from 'lets discuss what happened in the debate' with 'lets continue the debate on this program/thread/newspaper/etc.' All of the networks do it.

Look I'm okay with "so and so should have said blah or shouldn't have said blah' because its still about the debate performance, but starting up right where the 2 just left off is absolutely annoying.

Does that bother anybody on here as well? I figured others on here hate that as well because after a debate I don't want to hear more talking pts(that I've already heard) I want to hear exclusively analysis about how the debate affected the race and what ways and what transpired, etc.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 11:40:26 PM »

I find it extremely annoying when the post debate commentary shifts from 'lets discuss what happened in the debate' with 'lets continue the debate on this program/thread/newspaper/etc.' All of the networks do it.

Look I'm okay with "so and so should have said blah or shouldn't have said blah' because its still about the debate performance, but starting up right where the 2 just left off is absolutely annoying.

Does that bother anybody on here as well? I figured others on here hate that as well because after a debate I don't want to hear more talking pts(that I've already heard) I want to hear exclusively analysis about how the debate affected the race and what ways and what transpired, etc.

It's easy to see why you'd rather not discuss Paul Ryan's voting record, given how it contradicts his current rhetoric.  His explanation is that he was "miserable during the last [GOP] majority."  rotfl, cry me a river.  The Right tries to present him as some principled fiscal conservative.  Where was the courage of his convictions back then?  Can you tell us?

Ryan looked like a charlatan in that debate trying to defend a no specifics, faith-based tax policy.  Especially when he said he wanted to have a "big bipartisan agreement" and "we want to work with Congress on how best to achieve this."  When, exactly, has Paul Ryan been this big bipartisan deal maker in Congress?  Was it his budget which ignored the Supercommittee's mandated cuts to defense spending and pushed all the cuts onto the discretionary side?  How bipartisan.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 02:23:43 AM »

It's easy to see why you'd rather not discuss Paul Ryan's voting record, given how it contradicts his current rhetoric.  His explanation is that he was "miserable during the last [GOP] majority."  rotfl, cry me a river.  The Right tries to present him as some principled fiscal conservative.  Where was the courage of his convictions back then?  Can you tell us?

Ryan looked like a charlatan in that debate trying to defend a no specifics, faith-based tax policy.  Especially when he said he wanted to have a "big bipartisan agreement" and "we want to work with Congress on how best to achieve this."  When, exactly, has Paul Ryan been this big bipartisan deal maker in Congress?  Was it his budget which ignored the Supercommittee's mandated cuts to defense spending and pushed all the cuts onto the discretionary side?  How bipartisan.

dude, Biden lost, get over it.  Than you think you can make a wonk like Ryan wrong about stuff he's right about, than you pick a fight with wonkish.  What are you trying to prove?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 02:57:49 AM »

I see Republicans are still using their "Repeat delusional lies until I believe them" strategy.

Most Democrats on this forum acknowledged that Romney won the first debate. Perhaps we should have just thrown a hissy fit and insisted Obama won over and over again? Roll Eyes
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 03:03:44 AM »

I see Republicans are still using their "Repeat delusional lies until I believe them" strategy.

Most Democrats on this forum acknowledged that Romney won the first debate. Perhaps we should have just thrown a hissy fit and insisted Obama won over and over again? Roll Eyes
Smiling, laughing, being an arrogant vice president against your opponent is not winning a debate regardless what the polls say, give it up. These are serious times right now and it's not something to take lightly. It's common sense to the normal person to figure this out.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 03:14:14 AM »

Smiling, laughing, being an arrogant vice president against your opponent is not winning a debate regardless what the polls say, give it up. These are serious times right now and it's not something to take lightly. It's common sense to the normal person to figure this out.

Common sense would be doing a small amount of research to see what a shameless liar Paul Ryan is.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 03:16:07 AM »

Common sense would be doing a small amount of research to see what a shameless liar Paul Ryan is.
Is that all you guys have, calling him a liar?  It's a reused spin tactic to reflect Biden's poor performance on stage. 
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »

Is that all you guys have, calling him a liar?  It's a reused spin tactic to reflect Biden's poor performance on stage. 

Oh, I'm sorry. Because the post of yours I was replying to was of such a high quality and packed with substance! Give up! You lack common sense!

Get over yourself.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 03:38:20 AM »

Oh, I'm sorry. Because the post of yours I was replying to was of such a high quality and packed with substance! Give up! You lack common sense!

Get over yourself.
Right, use my words against me.  That's so original, I don't have time for petty drivel.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 07:26:34 AM »

Looks like Biden's angry, aggressive, disrespectful buffoon act didn't play well with nonpartisans:

More polling data the Romney Ryan ticket was the real winner in the VP Debate.
Survey USA results:
 Tampa/St. Pete… Ryan wins debate 42-38
       Change vote? yes: 73% to Romney 27% to Obama!

In New York area, Biden wins debate 54-30
       But vote switchers still went 54%-38% in favor of Romney…

CA Biden wins debate  48% to 41%
but vote switchers favor Romney  59% to 40%
http://www.surveyusa.com/
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »

Reuters/Ipsos poll of registered voters on who won the debate:

Biden 42%
Ryan 35%

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/13/us-usa-campaign-debate-poll-idUSBRE89B1AK20121013
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 11:29:30 PM »

Looks like Biden's angry, aggressive, disrespectful buffoon act didn't play well with nonpartisans:

Survey USA results:

doubt we will see any more of the lefties claiming Biden won after this.   
Marston
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 11:59:18 PM »

Survey USA results:

PPP asked likely voters in NC, FL and OH who they thought won the debate. All three states had pluralities in favor of Biden with even larger margins among Indys. So, yeah. I'm still claiming Biden won. At least if that's the metric we're going to use.
wan
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 12:36:25 AM »

Survey USA results:

PPP asked likely voters in NC, FL and OH who they thought won the debate. All three states had pluralities in favor of Biden with even larger margins among Indys. So, yeah. I'm still claiming Biden won. At least if that's the metric we're going to use.

Great news
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 01:05:14 AM »

Biden's debate performance may have slow down the  Romney momentum. I noticed Romney's leads have disappeared.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »

Pew poll also shows Ryan won among independents, a majority believe Ryan won, 50-39%, even though overall among all voters 47-46%
http://www.people-press.org/2012/10/15/voters-divided-over-who-will-win-second-debate/
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »

Pew poll also shows Ryan won among independents, a majority believe Ryan won, 50-39%, even though overall among all voters 47-46%
http://www.people-press.org/2012/10/15/voters-divided-over-who-will-win-second-debate/

For the billionth time, independents this year are a very Republican leaning group.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 12:33:06 AM »

For the billionth time, independents this year are a very Republican leaning group.

While this year more independents intend to vote Republican than Democrat, that is not to say that independents are "Republican leaning." It just means they prefer Romney over Obama. Maybe, six trillion in additional debt, the stimulus bill, and crappy job growth has something to do with it, rather than some underlying partisan bias.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »

Biden's debate performance may have slow down the  Romney momentum. I noticed Romney's leads have disappeared.
LOL!!!!!  LOL!!!!  LOL!!!! LOL!!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »

Romney is up by 4 in PPP and Gallup.  I think that determines who ultimately "won" the debate (and Chris Mathews was expecting to go the other way).  Smiley

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »

Conservatives won't conceed Ryan losing because he didn't fail as unquestionably as Obama (nor did Biden perform as well as Romney).

Ironically, if Obama had merely performed as well as Ryan did in the first debate, the election would be essentially over now.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies