Who is more likely to win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who is more likely to win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is more likely to win?
Richard Carmona

Shelley Berkley

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Who is more likely to win?  (Read 863 times)
Mister Twister

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2012, 10:14:33 PM »

Tough
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 11:01:44 PM »

I think Carmona will have a better chance of winning; he's had consistently pretty good numbers, he doesn't have damaging scandals like Berkley, he's got a compelling story, his campaign is extremely competent, and he's not facing an incumbent Senator.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »

Berkley - Flake should get drug across the finish line with Romney. However, Democrats tend to underpoll in Nevada. If I had to guess right now, Flake will narrowly win in Arizona, while Berkley and Heller is anyone's guess - will be very tight.
Mister Twister

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:05:58 PM »

I said Carmona. Who would have thought that Flake might have a better chance of losing than Heller a few month ago?

I'm surprised Nevada doesn't have a strong Democratic bench. Can't they some cool, suave magician/card-shark/womanizer from Las Vegas to run?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 12:19:02 AM »

I said Carmona. Who would have thought that Flake might have a better chance of losing than Heller a few month ago?

I'm surprised Nevada doesn't have a strong Democratic bench. Can't they some cool, suave magician/card-shark/womanizer from Las Vegas to run?

I don't know much about Nevada politics, so I don't know, but perhaps Dina Titus could have run if she could have politically survived 2010.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:45:27 AM »

Berkley was a pretty good recruit until she turned out to be incredibly corrupt apparently. She'd probably be up by a decent amount right now if not for that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »

I believe they'll both win, and are about equally likely to do so, Carmona for his own 'merits', and the other one because of Nevada's polling tendency.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »

Neither one is likely at all, but probably Berkeley because at least Nevada's a real swing state, unlike Arizona, which Democrats would love to make more competitive but probably won't, at least for a few more years yet.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »

I predict both will lose, but Berkley has a much better chance simply because of the dynamics of her state and machine behind her.

I think Carmona has about a 15% chance of winning- I think his numbers ATM are an illusion to some extent.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 08:48:58 PM »

Berkley, but both will lose.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 09:56:41 PM »

Carmona is a better candidate but Berkley is in a closer state, is a better fundraiser and I'd say has a weaker opponent. So Berkley.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »

I think Carmona will win so he has a better shot.  Berkley vs. Heller is a tossup.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »

If Berkley wins it will be basically because of the Obama coattails that brought her up there. At this point this race is a 51/49 for Heller.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »

There is increasing evidence of a "Nevada effect" leading democrats to significantly and consistently overperform polling there. If polls give Heller an around 4% lead, my guess is that the race is actually a dead heat. It's only a guess, and could prove wrong, but so far I give a lead to Berkeley.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »

This is tough.

As candidates with crossover appeal I think Carmona has the edge. For the states, Nevada has more of a Democratic edge than Arizona but Arizona Republicans had a home-state boost in 2008 they won't be getting this year and they seriously screwed up with Hispanics (rhetoric, SB1070, Romney, etc) so I expect that gap will narrow.

I'd weight those differences pretty closely but I'm going to go with Berkley because the Nevada Democratic party seems to be organized pretty good as far as turnout and voter registration: http://www.tnr.com/blog/electionate/108604/nevadas-democratic-registration-numbers-jeopardizes-romneys-chances

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »

Carmona. Heller is a better candidate than Flake and the only recent polls with Berkley up have high undecideds, which I'm taking as a bad indication.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies