Obama campaign office vandalized in Denver
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:38:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama campaign office vandalized in Denver
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama campaign office vandalized in Denver  (Read 1632 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:29:36 AM »
« edited: October 13, 2012, 04:11:06 AM by 5280 »

This happened back in 2008 while the DNC took place in Denver.  Seems like a reoccuring incident, some people are saying it's staged but are not sure and may have video surveillance of the vehicle. Investigation continues.  

Anytime vandalism that happens and the person who is caught and convicted, should be punished according to the law. Why can't people be civil and non-violent when it comes to politics?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/12/14402669-shot-fired-at-obama-campaign-office-in-denver#comments
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 03:37:35 AM »

When a gun is involved it at least becomes a news story, but I'll go ahead and post the same point I made in the "Romney Supporter's Property Vandalized" thread.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 03:45:18 AM »

When a gun is involved it at least becomes a news story, but I'll go ahead and post the same point I made in the "Romney Supporter's Property Vandalized" thread.

You're not helping yourself by reusing a quote from another thread.  Not being a constructive poster to the OP and avoiding it makes you look thoughtless. Hey, I'm pointing something out that's of a significance when a weapon is involved, if you don't like it then don't bother.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 06:34:12 AM »

It is terrible that there is a shooting.  It should be punished in either event, more severely if the intent was political. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »

Investigate, prosecute, and incarcerate.

Political violence is the bane of democracy.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »

You're not helping yourself by reusing a quote from another thread.  Not being a constructive poster to the OP and avoiding it makes you look thoughtless. Hey, I'm pointing something out that's of a significance when a weapon is involved, if you don't like it then don't bother.
.....as I mentioned when I re-posted it....it's my post that I'm reposting. I'm the one that said this in the other thread. I'm not often offended when I steal my ideas, I let me pick my brain.
wan
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »

.....as I mentioned when I re-posted it....it's my post that I'm reposting. I'm the one that said this in the other thread. I'm not often offended when I steal my ideas, I let me pick my brain.

You're right.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 01:58:19 PM »

Last time I checked firing a weapon at people was attemted murder not vanalism
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »

I know a guy (specifically this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Pulsifer) who is working on the Obama campaign in Denver, but luckily he wasn't at this particular office.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »

Well, it is vandalism, but it's also more serious crimes.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 05:00:28 PM »

Well, it is vandalism, but it's also more serious crimes.

well I imagine the driver of the car may also be cited for reckless driving, but that isn't the point either. Not sure how the OP sees "shot fired at Obama campaign office" as just another case of vandalism, like others that have been reported here. Especially as there were people in the office when the shot was fired. 

I don't think this reflects on the Romney campaign, but I don't see the point of trying to water down what was clearly a serious crime well beyond someone breaking a window.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies