Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 07:44:24 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Obama campaign office vandalized in Denver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Obama campaign office vandalized in Denver  (Read 502 times)
MagneticFree
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:29:36 am »
Ignore

This happened back in 2008 while the DNC took place in Denver.  Seems like a reoccuring incident, some people are saying it's staged but are not sure and may have video surveillance of the vehicle. Investigation continues.  

Anytime vandalism that happens and the person who is caught and convicted, should be punished according to the law. Why can't people be civil and non-violent when it comes to politics?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/12/14402669-shot-fired-at-obama-campaign-office-in-denver#comments
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:11:06 am by 5280 »Logged

Paul/Cruz 2016!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 03:37:35 am »
Ignore

When a gun is involved it at least becomes a news story, but I'll go ahead and post the same point I made in the "Romney Supporter's Property Vandalized" thread.

This happens like 1,000,000 times a year in every country in which the citizens express their political preference on their property. Nevertheless, it will only stop being "news" when spin doctors realize that there's just nothing to gain in pretending like they are the victim (especially when there are actual victims of crimes to respect in these cases). These events couldn't have less to do with the candidate running for office. (Unless he starts saying, "wreck the opposition's property!", I suppose...)

The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can

~~~~Dr. Paul Kurtz (1925-2012)
MagneticFree
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 03:45:18 am »
Ignore

When a gun is involved it at least becomes a news story, but I'll go ahead and post the same point I made in the "Romney Supporter's Property Vandalized" thread.

This happens like 1,000,000 times a year in every country in which the citizens express their political preference on their property. Nevertheless, it will only stop being "news" when spin doctors realize that there's just nothing to gain in pretending like they are the victim (especially when there are actual victims of crimes to respect in these cases). These events couldn't have less to do with the candidate running for office. (Unless he starts saying, "wreck the opposition's property!", I suppose...)
You're not helping yourself by reusing a quote from another thread.  Not being a constructive poster to the OP and avoiding it makes you look thoughtless. Hey, I'm pointing something out that's of a significance when a weapon is involved, if you don't like it then don't bother.

Paul/Cruz 2016!
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 06:34:12 am »
Ignore

It is terrible that there is a shooting.  It should be punished in either event, more severely if the intent was political. 

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 08:25:45 am »
Ignore

Investigate, prosecute, and incarcerate.

Political violence is the bane of democracy.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:25:30 pm »
Ignore

You're not helping yourself by reusing a quote from another thread.  Not being a constructive poster to the OP and avoiding it makes you look thoughtless. Hey, I'm pointing something out that's of a significance when a weapon is involved, if you don't like it then don't bother.
.....as I mentioned when I re-posted it....it's my post that I'm reposting. I'm the one that said this in the other thread. I'm not often offended when I steal my ideas, I let me pick my brain.

The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can

~~~~Dr. Paul Kurtz (1925-2012)
wan
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:29 pm »
Ignore

.....as I mentioned when I re-posted it....it's my post that I'm reposting. I'm the one that said this in the other thread. I'm not often offended when I steal my ideas, I let me pick my brain.

You're right.
Likely Voter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 01:58:19 pm »
Ignore

Last time I checked firing a weapon at people was attemted murder not vanalism

Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 02:36:12 pm »
Ignore

I know a guy (specifically this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Pulsifer) who is working on the Obama campaign in Denver, but luckily he wasn't at this particular office.

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 04:47:31 pm »
Ignore

Well, it is vandalism, but it's also more serious crimes.
Likely Voter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 05:00:28 pm »
Ignore

Well, it is vandalism, but it's also more serious crimes.

well I imagine the driver of the car may also be cited for reckless driving, but that isn't the point either. Not sure how the OP sees "shot fired at Obama campaign office" as just another case of vandalism, like others that have been reported here. Especially as there were people in the office when the shot was fired. 

I don't think this reflects on the Romney campaign, but I don't see the point of trying to water down what was clearly a serious crime well beyond someone breaking a window.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout