Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 09:53:44 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  How did you get your Forum Name/Screen Name?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: How did you get your Forum Name/Screen Name?  (Read 1245 times)
Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »
Ignore

What made you decide to have your name?

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
Lankford for US Senate 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
Ignore

My Username, BushOklahoma, came from the current president at the time I joined the forum (Bush) in the state I was living in (Oklahoma).

My current screen name, Herbert/Bell 2012, is the Governor and Lt. Governor of Utah up for re-election this year.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:33:28 pm »
Ignore

Bald Eagle = National Bird/Animal, also my favorite animal

1991 = Year of my birth

"Weezy F Baby and the F is for Phenomenal" - Lil' Wayne

"Look at this photograph/Every time I do it makes me laugh/How did our eyes get so red?/And what the hell is on Joey's head?" - Nickelback
Clinton1996
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:37:31 pm »
Ignore

Clinton- The President at the time of my birth and my favorite Post-WWII politician along with Howard Dean, Tom Daschle, Bill Nelson, George Bush 41 and Ronald Reagan. As the only New Democratic POTUS, he's the politician that most aligns with my Economic views.

1996- My birth year and his re-election year.

Secretary of Explaining Stuff- Clinton's well-received Democratic National Convention 2012 address and subsequent nickname.

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 10:42:16 pm »
Ignore

Scott- My middle name and the name I will formally go by when I leave high school.

Senator- Atlasia.

Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 11:03:33 pm »
Ignore

Original Forum Name: NiK. Not in Kognito (Not Incognito). Also, it is a variation of my real name. I usually go by Blackwater NiK on most forums, after the private security company.

New Forum Name: Psychic Octopus, named after the infamous devil that predicted Spain to win the world cup.

I was NiK until 2010, until someone hacked my account, and changed my password. I was gone for about a month, and made this "Psychic Octopus" account as a result.

Senator Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:06:14 pm »
Ignore

Republitarian: A mixture of libertarian & Republitarian, which I chose because I consider myself a libertarian-leaning republican.

Goldwater: A reference to Barry Goldwater, which I chose as Atlasian name because it make sense to reference an American political party in my Atlasian name, & because my foreign policy views prevent me from really being considered a libertarian.

Northeast Representative: I am a member of the Northeast Assembly in Atlasia.

Bacon King
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 12:39:26 am »

It was the first name that came to mind when I needed to create a new account for Gamefaqs when I was twelve (my old one, "Bologna Man", was banned for spamming). I stuck with it for years because I liked it, although recently when I create new accounts for things where I don't want to use my real name I prefer to use the classier sounding "Baconomics" instead.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:50 am »
Ignore

Some years ago, someone linked a LOTR quiz that matched your various personality characteristics to some key characters in the trilogy, and mine happened to match up best with Frodo Baggins.  I was so tickled by it that I made 'Frodo' my username forever after.  

Prior to this change, I was 'Proud Liberal'.  

It was the first name that came to mind when I needed to create a new account for Gamefaqs when I was twelve (my old one, "Bologna Man", was banned for spamming). I stuck with it for years because I liked it, although recently when I create new accounts for things where I don't want to use my real name I prefer to use the classier sounding "Baconomics" instead.

That's quite an explanation -here I just assumed you were just absolutely crazy for bacon.  

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 01:40:14 am »
Ignore

Username - I was making some homemade Ron Paul for President signs in like 8th grade and i wrote like 'RP2012' and for one of them i wrote '20RP12' so

Display name - Lyrics from a song by The Devil Wears Prada

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 01:54:35 am »
Ignore

Well, I used to simply be LiberalPA, which was not my most creative writing sample. In the 2007ish range, I switched over to Speed of Sound, in honor of the Coldplay song, which I actually don't listen to very much anymore, but I still really like the name, as well as the nicknames "SoS" and "Speedy".

“The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can”

~~~~Dr. Paul Kurtz (1925-2012)
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 06:09:12 am »
Ignore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Trondheim

Used it as a password somewhere (an ebay account maybe?) at first, then, first (no, second I think) here and then in a number of other places as an internet pseudonym. Since that means I literally nicked someone else's pseudonym, and it got a little awkward when I commented on webcomics under that name, I'm phasing it out now. I like this new Minion of Midas name, which comes from a Jack London short story I advise you to read, and will probably broadly retain it.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 06:21:27 am »

Used it as a password somewhere (an ebay account maybe?) at first, then, first (no, second I think) here and then in a number of other places as an internet pseudonym. Since that means I literally nicked someone else's pseudonym, and it got a little awkward when I commented on webcomics under that name, I'm phasing it out now. I like this new Minion of Midas name, which comes from a Jack London short story I advise you to read, and will probably broadly retain it.

Note the example set by Samuel Clemens: it's only acceptable to steal another man's pseudonym when it's previous owner is already dead. Tongue
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:23:32 am by Bacon King »Logged

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
and all is well until the heart betrays
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 07:03:54 am »
Ignore

Pingvin: Russian for "penguin". Were and still my favourite birds
99: Random numbers
Displayed names: all are from greatest band ever lyrics.

Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 07:20:09 am »
Ignore

I use "Platypus" to block out rude words in the lyrics of a surprisingly good song by south african rappers.

Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 08:19:15 am »
Ignore

It's my surname.

Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 08:47:08 am »
Ignore

I thought about asking this before.  "Oldiesfreak" comes from my love of oldies music from the 50s-80s, and "1854" for the year the Republican Party was founded.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 01:32:31 pm »
Ignore

Note the example set by Samuel Clemens: it's only acceptable to steal another man's pseudonym when it's previous owner is already dead. Tongue
It's called the Sonny Boy Williamson rule.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sibboleth Bist
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 01:35:59 pm »
Ignore

My original username here was Realpolitik: it was a joke of some kind, but I don't remember the details. Sibboleth is the usual internets handle now, and is also a joke, in this case based on my surname.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 01:57:55 pm »
Ignore

Some years ago, me and friend from high school got very into trolling Wikipedia. We'd edit pages and really try to screw with people. We'd also try to one-up each other with our edits.

Anyhow, I decided I was going to insert a fictional character into the Pirates of the Caribbean movie series. I was trying to think of a name that sounded foolish enough but realistic enough to fit into the narrative. For whatever reason, I came up with Hagrid of the Deep. So I went about creating a whole story for this pirate and inserting him into every Pirates of the Caribbean article I could find. The burly male character was to be played by a female, Jean Smart, and was going to be a central villain in Pirates 4 (which had not yet even been planned).

References to "Hagrid of the Deep" stayed on Wikipedia for about a week, and it became a sort of inside joke within my cricle of friends. Before then, I'd always been struggling to find usernames for forums. I realized that "HagridOfTheDeep" would be able to fill that void. It stuck with me, and here I am. I'm not even particuluarly fond of Rubeus Hagrid... it was just one of the first things that came into my mind.

SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 04:05:16 pm »
Ignore

We had a substitute teacher (Who was actually an english teacher in the school) back in 9th grade English. She made this big deal about us signing into class on the attendance sheet with our real names. I wrote my name but with "Sir" in front of it and she made this huge deal of whether or not I was knighted by the Queen of England. I obviously claimed I was knighted, but she didn't have a sense of humor and gave me detention. Anyway, my real teacher made me come after school to hang out for 10 minutes and then let me go. She didn't give a crap.

TrapperHawk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -4.35

P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 06:27:33 pm »
Ignore

I've always loved the show M*A*S*H, particularly the first three seasons with the original cast. My favorite characters are Trapper and Hawkeye. Hence, TrapperHawk.

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 06:30:41 pm »
Ignore

My politics and demographics are rather out of sync, hence my username. My screen name needs no explanation.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  »

- Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 06:42:49 pm »
Ignore

I've always felt the number 8 to be lucky, which is sort of a superstition; I was born August 8, in the year '97 (9 and 7 average out to 8 ) at approximately 8 PM. Obviously that's bullsh**t, but the human mind likes looking for patterns, and I've considered 8s lucky for as long as I can remember. Using the Russian word (here Anglicized to Vosem; in real Russian, the 'e' is corrupted to the first sound in it, and both the 's' and 'm', but not the 'v', are palatalized, which is impossible to convey in English) is a reference to Russian being my first language.
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 06:00:55 am »
Ignore

It's a nickname based on my real name = the morgie for my first name, b for the starting initial of my last name. I've used it since I was like 10, on various internet things. Yet I hate being called it, lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout