Presidential town hall debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential town hall debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential town hall debate  (Read 1657 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: October 15, 2012, 12:57:33 AM »

The lack of the President in the debate's hall would be a seriously 1,000 lb. gorilla in the room, for better or worse.

Im here.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:20 AM »

Its been a very hectic last two or three days for me so I will post mine in a few hours.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 11:47:33 PM »

Atlasia, I'm running for another term as President because I want to continue to build upon the foundation laid over the course of this term and even from before I served as President. Traditionally, winning reelection in Atlasia is a difficult task, as no President has won two consecutive terms since 2009. Atlasia is on the right track, but we can and will do more. Looking back upon the August elections, we witnessed a new level of competition for our Senate and a more exciting race. Now we have a pretty dynamic race, with a good selection of candidates. This is good for Atlasia.

I promised a renewed focus on policy and I think there has been some fun and passionate debates in the legislature. I've put forth proposals to advance the policy goals of my administration, often successfully. I worked with the Senate to pass the Equal Rights Amendment, an end to capital punishment, and a compromise amendment that limited conscription. I've sought compromise, for example, I'm not too thrilled with all the components of the minimum wage change being debated, but worked to improve the bill by working in one of my own proposals to help improve the impact on working Atlasians. I signed a balanced budget without cutting services that Atlasians depend upon.

I promised to seek new and former Atlasians to join our game. We've experienced healthy growth in new registrations and several prominent veterans returning, including one in my Cabinet and one running in this election. This has helped keep activity strong.

There's a lot left to accomplish and I'm constantly coming up with new solutions and reflecting on what could be improved. You can trust me to keep this game exciting and work to improve the game. If I receive your vote, I look forward to the opportunities that a second term would provide that Atlasia hasn't experienced in years- literally.

Side note: I do not believe its proper to criticize Senator Redalgo's activity, he's been a good Senator and is a fine gentleman. I believe he is sufficiently active and qualified to serve as Vice President if his ticket is elected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies