Is Chris Christie to "heavy' to be president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:45:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Chris Christie to "heavy' to be president?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Is Chris Christie to "heavy' to be president?  (Read 7512 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:17:56 AM »

He would give Taft a run for or should i say a roll for the money as the most heavy president if he won in 2016.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:17:47 AM »

Mabye, but the fact that he's been with Democats lately is hurting his chances.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:36:41 AM »

Someones physical appearance really shouldn't play a part in whether they're fit to be president.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »

Someones physical appearance really shouldn't play a part in whether they're fit to be president.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »

It probably shouldn't but it is an issue in our media driven image oriented culture.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »

Perhaps a bit too heavy on the Jersey attitude...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »

As long as it doesn't effect his presidenting.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »

"Looks shouldn't matter" is the PC answer but this isn't about looks. It's about health. He's not just a little chubby. He is MORBIDLY OBESE.

I know in our fat culture it's considered impolite to point such things out, but it wouldn't change the situation of a man at extreme risk for heart disease, diabetes, and more seeking the most stressful and important job in the world. I know he's a "badass" but he's still a human, and a very fat one at that. He's a health risk and that's a fact. If he was serious about running for president, he should take the initiative to improve himself first.

His running mate had better pass the smell test with flying colors is all I'm saying.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »

"Looks shouldn't matter" is the PC answer but this isn't about looks. It's about health. He's not just a little chubby. He is MORBIDLY OBESE.

I know in our fat culture it's considered impolite to point such things out, but it wouldn't change the situation of a man at extreme risk for heart disease, diabetes, and more seeking the most stressful and important job in the world. I know he's a "badass" but he's still a human, and a very fat one at that. He's a health risk and that's a fact. If he was serious about running for president, he should take the initiative to improve himself first.

His running mate had better pass the smell test with flying colors is all I'm saying.

This argument really isn't going to help anyone politically besides Christie.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2012, 02:18:50 PM by B »

I don't care. This is a message board and no one is here to change minds of the small number of posters here.

Everything I said is true. In fact, most people who rise to the top of their fields are in relatively good shape. Pretending that being morbidly obese isn't a life altering issue is absurd. Again, we're not talking just a little overweight or out of shape here.

Making excuses for and treating the extremely fat like victims is what's wrong with Fat America and our health care system. Mike Huckabee lost the weight and Chris Christie can too. He should not only want to. He needs to.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »

I'd be surprise if he didn't make any effort to lose at least some weight, if he does plan on running.

It seems like any serious political consultant with past experience in presidential campaigns would tell him that he has to.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »

Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »

I agree. However, I have severe reservations about his health. Christie is obese and therefore more susceptible to diabetes and heart problems. The Presidency will only exacerbate the stress and any conditions he could potentially develop.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »

i dont think weight is the issue besides we had William Howard Taft as president and well he was way Heavier
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »

Yes, he is too fat to be president.  I know what it is like to be significantly overweight and how difficult it can make even simple tasks-  thankfully I have dropped 120lbs and counting.

I would be willing to wager that Christie is closer to 400lbs than he is to 300 putting him well above Taft.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »

He likely is fatter than Taft. He's much fatter than he looks in a suit, as many suits today are designed to hide the obese population. He is shockingly large when you see him in different clothing. I would argue that the presidency is also much more stressful and demanding now than in Taft's day.

It's really not hard to lose some weight when you have that much to lose. You don't have to be able to run 5 miles - a slight change in diet goes a long way. I feel very little sympathy.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »

As I recall, a large amount of Huck's weight loss happened on the campaign trail, so that'd be good news for Christie if he has ambitions.
M

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 04:56:49 PM »

It's really not hard to lose some weight when you have that much to lose. You don't have to be able to run 5 miles - a slight change in diet goes a long way. I feel very little sympathy.

Only the genetically trim can make this sort of statement.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »

Only the genetically trim can make this sort of statement.

Roll Eyes Research on the "fat gene," found that its effects were easily surmountable. We have a fat population due to a variety of reasons, with the primary driver being subsidized corn. Cut the soda, the fast food, the butter, and start working out and the pounds will drop like the Dow on Black Tuesday.

We live in a society that things obesity is genetic and that homosexuality is a choice. It's time to turn that tragic conventional wisdom around.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 07:51:13 PM »

People believe in the "fat gene" for the same reasons they don't believe in global warming. It's inconvenient.

We get to choose what facts are right in America today. Some people even think FOX News is a serious news source.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 02:21:58 AM »

Thats what i am trying to say. he could have a heart attack or something lol
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »

No one is even remotely close to being that fat genetically.
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 08:45:36 AM »

its disgusting how fat he is.

think what he looks like naked? how can you not want to puke. Anyone who becomes this fat has a food problem. its not a laughing matter.

drug addiction is not accepted
gambling addiction is not accepted

why is a food addiction?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »

It disgusts me how the left is literally trying to say that Christie is inept to be President because of his weight. Anyone could suffer a heart attack and f[inks]ing die while serving because it's a stressful job.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies