GOP Minority Strategy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:12:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  GOP Minority Strategy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GOP Minority Strategy?  (Read 2868 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »

Their strategy probably consists of repackaging their reactionary nativism and getting a token minority to peddle it.
Are you talking about Herman Cain?
He's talking about Allen West.

I thought he meant Michael Steele.
I liked Steele except for his lack of responsibility on the money side of things at the RNC. The Republican Party was basically left for dead after the 2008 elections. I feel like Preibus just doesn't get it like Steele did on the message side of things. The money side of things Preibus is pretty good though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 07:02:52 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2012, 07:07:45 PM by hopper »

What the GOP needs to do is isolate the racists.  Show them they are not welcome to the party.  Let them form a third party or leave the country.  But every time a Republican doesn't step up when he hears his supporters make racist remarks, he loses many more independent voters.

If Republicans were more like Olympia Snowe I might be voting for them.

What do you do though when the base of your party is made up of people who for all intents and purposes think Hispanics should gtfo? The South is in charge of the party these days and there is virtually no moderating region left within the GOP. No Northeast Republicans (like Senator Snowe) who can move the debate away from immigration and social conservatism back to fiscal issues which could win back some voters.
I don't think the GOP wants Hispanics to leave the country. The Hispanics who are in the country illegally  ae the ones the GOP has been edgy about gaining permenant status citizenship wise.They get crap from the southern base when immigration reform comes up. Keep in mind the GOP has Hispanic Politicians in high offices(Rubio, Martinez, Sandavol and soon Cruz.)

I do agree that there is no moderating region left. If the R's could moderate in the southwest they should though. Sandavol and Martinez they moderate and Sandavol is a Moderate Republican himself.
hopper
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »

What the GOP needs to do is isolate the racists.  Show them they are not welcome to the party.  Let them form a third party or leave the country.  But every time a Republican doesn't step up when he hears his supporters make racist remarks, he loses many more independent voters.

If Republicans were more like Olympia Snowe I might be voting for them.

If Republicans were more like Olympia Snowe, the Conservative Party of America would be winning 20%+ of the vote.
I used to think Snowe was a RINO myself but she actually has alot of common sense on what kind of legislation wil work and what legislation won't work for the country.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies