Cuba relations-should it be an issue?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:47:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cuba relations-should it be an issue?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuba relations-should it be an issue?  (Read 284 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »

On the government board there is debate over relations with Cuba. What do you think? Should it be an issue this election season? Personally, I think the best way to deal with Cuba is to open up. Currently Castro blames every problem in Cuba on the embargo, so opening up would make Cubans more questioning. I also think there should be more physical connections between Atlasia and Cuba-kind of like how mainland China and the island of Taiwan now have direct flights for the first time since 1949.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 12:09:55 PM »

I have brought it up here in a campaign speech on free trade here in my campaign tour for District 4.  I view it as being important tool not just for improving the Cuban citizenry as a whole, but also freeing up the place somewhat more through improving the people's standard of living.  And there is to me the near in the future civil war question when Castro dies that I think is very important we handle now rather than later.

However, as I have said in the Cuba Relations Act thread a number of times, in order to really be a successful maneuver, we will probably need the cooperation of the President and the Sec. of State so that relations can start thawing a little bit before any such measures I have in mind might become law.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies