Predict your state's county map for Obama v. Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Predict your state's county map for Obama v. Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict your state's county map for Obama v. Romney  (Read 3185 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 18, 2012, 01:54:51 AM »
« edited: October 18, 2012, 01:58:49 AM by MilesC56 »

Obama carries Harris again ? He barely squeaked by in 2008, maybe due to the growing minority vote?

I mainly give Obama Harris again due to the minority vote that has been rapidly increasing in recent years there (White beat Perry here in a Tea Party/Anti-Obama 2010 year). Although I wouldn't be surprised if Romney won it by a small margin.

As for Bexar, he'll probably win that county too for the same reasons. Nueces is perhaps my wildest guess but I'd say I gave Obama that county due to the fact that the Hispanic electorate there is now a majority (it wasn't in 2008).  

I also gave Nacogdoches County and Walker County a Romney victory in the 50-55% range.

Why such an improvement for Obama Nacogdoches? McCain got over 63% and the entire region is trending R.

Do you think Obama can get Romney under 70% in that chunk of counties you have along the western part of TX-19?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:05:08 AM »

There's just enough of a Republican swing in NC for Obama to lose the state by 1- 3 points:

Romney gets 59-61% in LA. Obama continues to slide in Acadiana. The organization in Baton Rouge is pretty good, so I think he keeps EBR; plus its one of the few counties actually trending D. Caddo Parish will also be interesting to watch.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies