MO, Wenzel: Akin in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:25:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO, Wenzel: Akin in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO, Wenzel: Akin in the lead  (Read 1158 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »

http://images.politico.com/global/2012/10/missouri_poll_topline_summary_report_10-14-2012.html

Akin 48.9
McCaskill 44.7

Great news!
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 09:05:18 AM »

Another paritsan poll. Should be deleted.

Bad sign that we now have polling firms with no credentials getting attention.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »

Surely even you as an ultrapartisan hack can admit that Todd Akin specifically being in the lead is far from 'great news'?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »

Incredible.

I probably could have beaten McCaskill this year.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 09:43:41 AM »

Surely even you as an ultrapartisan hack can admit that Todd Akin specifically being in the lead is far from 'great news'?

I have a neutral position on Mr. Todd Akin. It's not like he, say, let a woman drown at Chappaquiddick.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2012, 10:14:23 AM by Nathan »

I have a neutral position on Mr. Todd Akin. It's not like he, say, let a woman drown at Chappaquiddick.

Well, no, but it's also not like he, say, pushed through the Immigration and Nationality Act or the Americans with Disabilities Act. He's not one of those people who have done horrible things who have also done things of great value you get sometimes. He's one of those people who have said horrible things who have done nothing of particular significance at all you get sometimes.

If you're so neutral on him I'm also not sure why you're saying that his being ahead is such great news, but whatever.

Anyway, if Wenzel can only crank out a 4.2% lead for Akin when they have Romney leading by 14.8%, the news might not be as great as you seem to think.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »

Anyway, if Wenzel can only crank out a 4.2% lead for Akin when they have Romney leading by 14.8%, the news might not be as great as you seem to think.

This firm had Akin leading by 3 immediately after his rape comments and then 5 a few weeks later, while most pollsters, even Rassy, were showing McCaskill up.

But hey, I guess it gets krazen excited to see a Republican leading a poll, even one as inconsiderate as Akin. Whatever floats his boat...
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »

Well, no, but it's also not like he, say, pushed through the Immigration and Nationality Act or the Americans with Disabilities Act. He's not one of those people who have done horrible things who have also done things of great value you get sometimes. He's one of those people who have said horrible things who have done nothing of particular significance at all you get sometimes.

If you're so neutral on him I'm also not sure why you're saying that his being ahead is such great news, but whatever.

Mr. Akin has yet to have a 40 year senate career. I cannot guarantee that Nathan will support any piece of legislation written by Mr. Akin, but as of 1969 Ted Kennedy's most prominent legislation was the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. I merely observe that such didn't really bother Massachusetts Democrats at the time.

I suspect that my viewpoint is similar to the viewpoint of the people of Missouri; namely, there is a very negative view of McCaskill among a large portion of the public and they want her booted.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »

Krazey is a disgusting creature posing as a human being. No wonder he is cheering for someone like Akin.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:41:53 AM »

Yay! Maybe Akin will be able to make speeches about legitimate rape on the Senate floor.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »

This poll also has Romney leading Obama by 15% in MO. Yeah, that's believable...
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »

Wenzel is pro-Akin IIRC, don't trust this poll.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 05:10:21 PM »

Mixed, mixed feelings about this one. Akin, first of all, is a despicable idiot. Period, no doubt about it. Senator McCaskill is clearly preferable to Senator Akin.

But...that being said...Senate Majority Leader McConnell is clearly preferable to Senate Majority Leader Reid. No doubt about that one either. And having to force between the two is a very difficult choice; if I were in Missouri, I'd probably support Jonathan Dine as a cop-out. (By contrast, since Speaker of the House Boehner is a for-sure, if I lived in Tennessee I would feel free to support Eric Stewart over Scott desJarlais, for instance).
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »

Wenzel is pro-Akin IIRC, don't trust this poll.

Yeah, I thought we established long ago that Wenzel was a crap pollster.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2012, 10:30:50 PM by Nathan »

Mr. Akin has yet to have a 40 year senate career. I cannot guarantee that Nathan will support any piece of legislation written by Mr. Akin, but as of 1969 Ted Kennedy's most prominent legislation was the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. I merely observe that such didn't really bother Massachusetts Democrats at the time.

It certainly didn't a year later, although people started getting uncomfortable with it later on, including of course Kennedy. If we're playing this (unbelievably stupid and irrelevant) game, what are your thoughts on Budd Dwyer?

Todd Akin has had ample time in the House of Representatives to do something, anything, of substance and value. Not even necessarily legislation authored, but legislation prominently pushed in some form--for example, as mentioned, the Immigration and Nationality Act, which somehow I can't imagine you'd have supported.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Having an entirely negative investment in something like this isn't good for one's mental health, you know.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies