Uninformed Romney voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:30:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Uninformed Romney voters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Uninformed Romney voters  (Read 3492 times)
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »

"Uninformed Obama voters" is probably the fifth dumbest thread on the front page of this board. This one tips in at #6. There's a serious discussion to be had about voter ignorance, but public opinion polls cannot be understood in isolation and should never be taken at face value.

Its 2012 and republicans still believe in creationism. what you expect from them? they are the most backward people on earth.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »

Yes, the educational attainment level in the US is an embarrassment. A poll of Dems would be depressing too as to basic knowledge. Sad.

This wasn't a citizenship quiz. The questions weren't about educational attainment or basic knowledge. They were "Do you believe in the following insane conspiracy theories about the President?" And Republicans frequently do. In contrast, you don't have Democrats going around saying that Romney must have phantom plural wives hiding under a rock somewhere because he is a Mormon. You don't see Jesse Jackson flying to Utah finding "very interesting things" about Romney's past, as Donald Trump did in Hawaii. And I think too many people, even at rabidly liberal MSNBC, are avoiding asking the obvious question of why the GOP has this problem with facing reality because it's too "impolite" or "biased' to ask it.
BringinTheTruth
Rookie
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »

People I know that can explain WHY they are a Rep vs. those that can say WHY they are a Dem with coherence and often, English, outnumber the Dems 3:1.  Thats anecdotal, but reflective.
milhouse24
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2012, 12:06:42 AM »

Obama converted to Christianity, but his grandparents are practicing Muslims and Obama has a Muslim Middle name.  He has Muslim heritage in his family roots and he should be proud of it.  Its only religious bigots in America that make him scared to acknowledge his Muslim geneology. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2012, 12:15:56 AM »

Theres a BIG difference between that and the Republican Party. The GOP now think that the President of the United States is a Muslim (Which shouldn't even matter unless your racist).
Islam isn't a race, and prejudices against Muslims exists in many people without racial animus.  So it's not racism - though in the American context it's closely related to xenophobia since Islam is seen as a foreign religion.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 08:38:58 AM »

Obama converted to Christianity, but his grandparents are practicing Muslims and Obama has a Muslim Middle name.  He has Muslim heritage in his family roots and he should be proud of it.  Its only religious bigots in America that make him scared to acknowledge his Muslim geneology.  

Actually, you could see him wince when, at the Smith Memorial dinner, he had to read that awful joke about not being able to use his middle name.  I am certain that he did not write that joke, and even though the crowd laughed, it was the sort of offensive joke that he a politician normally wouldn't make.  (Well, unless they thought the mic was turned off.)  I felt sorry for him.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 11:14:41 AM »

Obama converted to Christianity, but his grandparents are practicing Muslims and Obama has a Muslim Middle name.  He has Muslim heritage in his family roots and he should be proud of it.  Its only religious bigots in America that make him scared to acknowledge his Muslim geneology. 

If Obama is a Christian, why would he be proud of Muslim heritage? Some of his grandparents practiced (I doubt they're still alive) a false religion (in his view as well as mine.) Why is that something to be proud of?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »

Redundancy there, BRTD.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies