Who won the debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:52:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the debate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Who won?
Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Draw

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 171

Author Topic: Who won the debate?  (Read 9556 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »

Obama dominated Romney. End of story.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:14 PM »

Obama easily...all the Dems ran to the spin room after this debate. In the 1st debate all the Republicans ran to the spin room.

"Binders full of women" increases the gender gap in favor of Obama

The Libya exchange made Romney look very small

Obama finished with Romney's 47% comment at the VERY end of the debate, giving Romney no chance to rebut

Romney stomped Obama in Debate 1, Obama stomped Romney in Debate 2. Even Charles Krauthammer is saying Obama won on points
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:31 PM »

Obama was aggressive and on point and needed to do what he had to do to recover from the first debate, and he seemed to connect the best with the audience. Romney seemed desperate, some of his answers were really awkward, and the Libya moment was a huge slap in the face for him, of which he never really fully recovered. Clearly, Obama has the edge.  
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »

#bindersfullofwomen is trending on Twitter. I suspect that will be picked up by SNL. Who is in Mitt's binders? Does he have binders full of Mexicans or other binders?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2012, 10:28:06 PM »

Thanks to Libya, an Obama landslide.

If the Libya exchange hadn't happened, it would have been a pretty solid Obama win. Not a blowout though.

What?Huh?  Obama is getting crushed on Libya and his ridiculous lie tonight is going to keep the issue in the spotlight.  Romney missed a kill shot because he was a little stunned by the lie and Crawly jumped in to save Barrack, but Obama will lose huge on that exchange.  

I listened to the first half in the car, so I don't have a visual feel.  Romney dominated on substance, Obama did a little better than last time, but still has no answer on the most important issues.  Dems will claim victory Romney will increase his gains in the polls.  Obama failed to defend himself or give a reason to reelect him.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »

#bindersfullofwomen is trending on Twitter. I suspect that will be picked up by SNL. Who is in Mitt's binders? Does he have binders full of Mexicans or other binders?

Must people know it is resumes.  Smiley
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »

47/39 for Obama says CNN
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »

If the Libya exchange hadn't happened, it would have been a pretty solid Obama win. Not a blowout though.

What?Huh?  Obama is getting crushed on Libya and his ridiculous lie tonight is going to keep the issue in the spotlight.  Romney missed a kill shot because he was a little stunned by the lie and Crawly jumped in to save Barrack, but Obama will lose huge on that exchange.  

I listened to the first half in the car, so I don't have a visual feel.  Romney dominated on substance, Obama did a little better than last time, but still has no answer on the most important issues.  Dems will claim victory Romney will increase his gains in the polls.  Obama failed to defend himself or give a reason to reelect him.  

Disagree emphatically.  He took Libya off the table for good and made Romney look small and partisan in the process.  Short of CIA leaks implicating Obama in something, Libya as an issue is over.

That Libya is even a political issue amazes me.  Can you imagine if Tom Daschle had blamed the Bush administration and Republicans for letting 9/11 happen on national TV on the day of the attacks?  It would have been unthinkable.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2012, 10:35:32 PM »

@ppppolls:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

CNN: 33D/33R they say its 8% more Republican than their normal polls.
Obama 46%
Romney 39%

73 obama did better
10 worse
16 same

37 Romney did better.
28 Worse
33 Same
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »

46/39 Obama  33/33 R/D

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2012, 10:44:17 PM »

Disagree emphatically.  He took Libya off the table for good and made Romney look small and partisan in the process.  Short of CIA leaks implicating Obama in something, Libya as an issue is over.

That Libya is even a political issue amazes me.  Can you imagine if Tom Daschle had blamed the Bush administration and Republicans for letting 9/11 happen on national TV on the day of the attacks?  It would have been unthinkable.

Bush didn't say the Dutch hit us on 9-11(2001) because we characterized Santa Claus in an offensive way for two weeks after the attacks.  The presidential lie about the rose garden press conference will dominate the news for the next few days.  I mean he lied to the American people for two weeks and than he still can't get it straight a month later, than he tells an insane lie in a presidential debate to top it off.  Foreign policy credibility in free fall.     
Reds4

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »

Obama a narrow victory in all the instant reaction polls.. game changing or not? We'll see I guess.. certainly not the huge victory that Romney had in Debate one.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »

Bush didn't say the Dutch hit us on 9-11(2001) because we characterized Santa Claus in an offensive way for two weeks after the attacks.  The presidential lie about the rose garden press conference will dominate the news for the next few days.  I mean he lied to the American people for two weeks and than he still can't get it straight a month later, than he tells an insane lie in a presidential debate to top it off.  Foreign policy credibility in free fall.     

The desperation is palpable. You really are living in your own world. Did you even watch the debate.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »

Obama a narrow victory in all the instant reaction polls.. game changing or not? We'll see I guess.. certainly not the huge victory that Romney had in Debate one.

The beauty of this debate will be in all of clips that are played over and over again. They're pretty much all better for Obama.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »

The desperation is palpable. You really are living in your own world. Did you even watch the debate.

Huh I said I watched the 2nd half and listened to the first half in the car.  Who's desperate? My guy is winning and your guy is digging himself into big holes everyday.  Try making a better post next time.  
wan
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2012, 10:52:07 PM »

Even intrade has a debate poll up of who won the debate. obama cleaned housed
dspNY
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 10:52:36 PM »

Candy Crowley basically called Romney out as a liar in front of 60-65 million people on the Libya comments...it's laughable that anyone can call that a win for Romney...there is no way the Republicans can spin that
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »

Candy Crowley basically called Romney out as a liar in front of 60-65 million people on the Libya comments...it's laughable that anyone can call that a win for Romney...there is no way the Republicans can spin that
Apparently Crowley is admitting she was wrong because well she obviously was. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:36 PM »

Google survey of registered voters:
Obama 48.5%
Romney 31.1%

Lake Research Partners Poll of LV in Battleground States
Obama 53%
Romney 38%
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2012, 11:03:01 PM »

They are running the internals on the CNN poll:

Economy:

Romney:  58%

Obama:  40%

Romney won on healthcare.

Romney won on the deficit by some ridiculous margin.

Change of vote 25%/25%.  
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:32 PM »

CBS News ?@CBSNews
RT @CharlieKayeCBS: In the @CBSNews Instant Poll, 65% say Romney won on the issue of the economy. 34% say Obama won on the economy.

Hmmm what's that important thingy??
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »

inTrade

Before Debate
Obama: 62.0
Romney: 38.1

After Debate
Obama: 64.9
Romney: 35.2
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »

Apparently Crowley is admitting she was wrong because well she obviously was. 

Romney tried to imply Obama didn't call the attack an act of terrorism. Obama did in fact do so; the administration didn't, however, call it an attack from a terrorist organization until it knew for sure that it was. Romney was arguing stupid semantics, he wasn't "right" about anything. What he attacked Obama for in that moment was wrong. Full stop.
wan
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »

thanx for being honest wish your other republicans can figure it out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies