Who won the debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:25:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won?
Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Draw

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 171

Author Topic: Who won the debate?  (Read 9628 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: October 16, 2012, 10:01:03 PM »

Obama won... pure and simple.

However, Obama was very strong early, he faded a bit in the middle, but roared back and that Libya response was devastating.

I probably would have called it an Obama edge before the Libya exchange, but I have to call it a clear Obama win.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:33:16 PM »

There is a difference... there is a difference between calling a terroising act, a general act of terror - vs, this was perpetrated by an organised terrorist cell...

But you want to think, what you want to think. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:21:26 AM »

Did you actually watch? It was as much about the way it was said, and Romney's reaction that gave it the effect.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »

I think this will move women back towards Obama in a big way, at least since the narrative seems to be how Romney objectifies women and puts them in binders. Not totally true, but still funny.

I don't think any woman wins with that exchange. It was too alpha males discussion how to "treat" women, objectifying and marginalizing them. Obama may gain support back, but from the looks of it, no one really won that argument, especially women.

Dude, Romney stood up there and said that he would make the economic conditions so enticing that companies would even hire women, right after explaining that he understood how important it was that they have the appropriate hours free to go home and cook dinner.

I was honestly surprised that he wasn't able to rehearse a less patronizing response on the issue of pay equity.

Oh I know. I'm not saying he came off well. That and the Libya moments are what lost him the debate, but I don't think women as a whole won any side of that particular. Romney came off as a patronizing masochist and Obama, while he gave a better answer, pays women less than men in his White House, so neither is a "champion of women."

and the whole having signed Lilly Ledbetter Act... where as Romney didn't even refer to it and Obama ripped that Romney would say anything about it during the primaries... in fact actively avoided talking about it.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »

Kind of interesting that this campaign so far has had three debates... one was among the most boring and un-engaging and the other two were spectacles with one definitely ranking among the 'best'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies