Who won the debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:49:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won?
Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Draw

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 171

Author Topic: Who won the debate?  (Read 9590 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: October 16, 2012, 09:46:09 PM »

I genuinely believe it was Obama's best debate of his career.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »

Candy Crowley basically called Romney out as a liar in front of 60-65 million people on the Libya comments...it's laughable that anyone can call that a win for Romney...there is no way the Republicans can spin that

Apparently Crowley is admitting she was wrong because well she obviously was. 

Romney tried to imply Obama didn't call the attack an act of terrorism. Obama did in fact do so; the administration didn't, however, call it an attack from a terrorist organization until it knew for sure that it was. Romney was arguing stupid semantics, he wasn't "right" about anything. What he attacked Obama for in that moment was wrong. Full stop.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:27:17 PM »

Posting in the 2012 board is truly a through the looking glass experience. Good lord.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:51:11 AM »

Uh, I'm not really sure you get to absorb the debate in an entirely different format than viewed by tens of millions and get to say that you don't think it was an effective moment for Obama. What you think of that moment substantively is irrelevant, it was a smashing Obama high point in the debate broadcast, and the biggest moment of the debate. End of.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »

I'm not sure why so many of you thought the debate was boring. George Will called it the best presidential debate he'd ever seen. I'm not sure if I'd go that far but it was definitely one of the better ones.

Which ones did you guys find so much more interesting? Or are you just a bunch of map nerds? Tongue

I don't understand how people are thinking this either. If people are calling this debate boring I can only assume that they're suffering from a desensitizing to debates or something. Go back and watch presidential debates from literally any other year; this was undeniably one of the more kinetic and issue focused debates in recent presidential debate history with two candidates that were aggressive and on point. By no comparable measure was this at all boring.

I don't understand what could've happened that some people would think it wasn't boring. A fist fight? An audience member rushing the candidates with a knife or something?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies