Who won the debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:51:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won?
Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Draw

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 171

Author Topic: Who won the debate?  (Read 9625 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »

Thanks to Libya, an Obama landslide.

If the Libya exchange hadn't happened, it would have been a pretty solid Obama win. Not a blowout though.

What?Huh?  Obama is getting crushed on Libya and his ridiculous lie tonight is going to keep the issue in the spotlight.  Romney missed a kill shot because he was a little stunned by the lie and Crawly jumped in to save Barrack, but Obama will lose huge on that exchange.  

I listened to the first half in the car, so I don't have a visual feel.  Romney dominated on substance, Obama did a little better than last time, but still has no answer on the most important issues.  Dems will claim victory Romney will increase his gains in the polls.  Obama failed to defend himself or give a reason to reelect him.  

Disagree emphatically.  He took Libya off the table for good and made Romney look small and partisan in the process.  Short of CIA leaks implicating Obama in something, Libya as an issue is over.

That Libya is even a political issue amazes me.  Can you imagine if Tom Daschle had blamed the Bush administration and Republicans for letting 9/11 happen on national TV on the day of the attacks?  It would have been unthinkable.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »

I'm not voting for either and don't feel like I have some kind of investment in either.  And just like Romney's clear victory in the first debate, it's absolutely clear Obama won this debate and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly taking their opinion from personal bias upon which they would have said Romney won short of some absolutely abominable gaffe.

I disagree with Obama STRONGLY on "natural gas" (the natural gas industry is funding a huge campaign that the majority of those who know the science and engineering of it disagree with, safe hydrofracking is like saying smoking isn't addictive - and the PR company that used to say that is the same exact one the natural gas companies are using) and "clean coal" (no consensus on it's validity as being "cleaner" at all), amongst other things - it wasn't his opinion, I judged it on how it was debated, and who could up the other.  Obama very clearly won this, I don't even find it reasonably debatable.

But I don't think it matters.  Sure national polling is somewhat close, but the electoral map the way it is and the way states are polling, Romney has a very, very steep hill to climb.

I was also disappointed that Obama didn't even say "climate change" during the energy discussion.  Particularly because Romney has flip flopped on this and outright denial of it makes him look unreasonable.  Carbon emissions absolutely need to be part of every energy debate.  He should have asked Romney what he would do for bankrupted farmers and cities hit by hurricanes, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies