Can Mitt Romney recover? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:49:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Can Mitt Romney recover? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Mitt Romney recover?  (Read 1641 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:18 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Romney made gains from this.  When it came down to all of the specific questions on CNN and such, they all tended to favour Romney [who would run the economy better, etc...].  

This.  Like Biden, Obama can claim "victory" as he loses votes across the country.  Alienating woman and losing every important issues is a damning cocktail.  Also, having no plan, vision, or reason to reelect you is a major problem.    

Guys, Romney better keep gaining, because he hasn't gained enough yet - Obama's still at a 277 victory:

OH, WI, IA, NV are basically within a point.  Romney's campaign is basically just starting in WI and (I believe NV).  The traction Romney has finally picked up in OH points to him probably winning there.  I can see VA possibly holding close as an Obama firewall.  So Romney is probably at 266 with 25 in play.  Boy, we go through all this and we will probably just end up with a Bush map (maybe flipping 1 or 2 states).  Although it wouldn't be surprising for Mitt to win those 25 in play (if he wins by 4 nationally), giving him 301.       

OH is not in Mitt's column.  If it ever is, VA will already be there.  Are you worried about Obama winning with 47% there because of Goode?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Romney made gains from this.  When it came down to all of the specific questions on CNN and such, they all tended to favour Romney [who would run the economy better, etc...].  

This.  Like Biden, Obama can claim "victory" as he loses votes across the country.  Alienating woman and losing every important issues is a damning cocktail.  Also, having no plan, vision, or reason to reelect you is a major problem.    

Guys, Romney better keep gaining, because he hasn't gained enough yet - Obama's still at a 277 victory:

OH, WI, IA, NV are basically within a point.  Romney's campaign is basically just starting in WI and (I believe NV).  The traction Romney has finally picked up in OH points to him probably winning there.  I can see VA possibly holding close as an Obama firewall.  So Romney is probably at 266 with 25 in play.  Boy, we go through all this and we will probably just end up with a Bush map (maybe flipping 1 or 2 states).  Although it wouldn't be surprising for Mitt to win those 25 in play (if he wins by 4 nationally), giving him 301.       

OH is not in Mitt's column.  If it ever is, VA will already be there.  Are you worried about Obama winning with 47% there because of Goode?
Right, I think OH will move into Mitt's column shortly, he finally has traction and will continue to move that state hi way. 

I think VA will probably be there for Mitt, but I see a plausible scenario where he loses close because Obama has a large immovable constituency for him there and that could be enough to build a firewall (win by a sliver).  Obama could lose ground everywhere and gain ground in VA if he focused his efforts theoretically, so I keep that possibility open. 

Well if Obama is smart, he will have Romney saying "the government doesn't create jobs" playing non-stop on every television and radio station in Fairfax for the next week.  I do see an Obama opening in VA because of that.  But I also think Obama has the momentum as of last night, so we disagree more fundamentally.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies