Undecideds will break for...? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:29:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Undecideds will break for...? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Undecideds will break for...
Romney 75/25

Romney 60/40

split evenly

Obama 60/40

Obama 75/25

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Undecideds will break for...?  (Read 3396 times)
milhouse24
« on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »

Too Lazy to vote.  They will stay at home. 

One could argue that they might go for Obama, since Obama is the incumbent and generally garners the "soft, front-running, pop-culture voters" so if their friends are voting for Obama, these undecided voters will cave to peer pressure and vote for Obama. 

But if Romney gains a slight lead in the polls, these "front-running voters" will move to him. 

It will also be a question of "Branding to the midwestern swing voter."  Since this election will likely be decided by the white working class in Ohio, Iowa, and Virginia, it will be the candidate who best appeals to the "midwestern white working class" 

Obama has a strong midwest volunteer ground army.  Romney has Ryan who will also appeal to GOTV efforts. 

John Kerry was close in 2004, but he was never able to shake that "weak northeast liberal stigma" and GWB had a strong branding for white suburban christian voters. 

It will be a question of "Who knows me, and can understand my life and my problems"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies