Romney Pathways to Victory - Best strategy? (Romney supporters only please!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:55:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Pathways to Victory - Best strategy? (Romney supporters only please!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Romney Pathways to Victory - Best strategy? (Romney supporters only please!)  (Read 1864 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 09:01:29 AM »

Like I said in the other thread, if Romney doesn't win both Ohio and Virginia, he's done.  Those two combined have the most electoral votes. He should still throw money into CO/FL to keep them in his column.

He doesn't need VA. He needs OH, FL, IA, NH, IN, NC, CO and NE-2 to win. Worst case scenario, he loses IA and NH but wins WI, and he wins. There's a lot of ways he could win this. Plus, nobody's talking but PA, but it's still very much in play.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »

Like I said in the other thread, if Romney doesn't win both Ohio and Virginia, he's done.  Those two combined have the most electoral votes. He should still throw money into CO/FL to keep them in his column.

He doesn't need VA. He needs OH, FL, IA, NH, IN, NC, CO and NE-2 to win. Worst case scenario, he loses IA and NH but wins WI, and he wins. There's a lot of ways he could win this. Plus, nobody's talking but PA, but it's still very much in play.

apparently Romney is closing in PA like a freight train!  WI hasn't went R since 84 and PA hasn't since 88... realignment? 
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »

[quote author=AmericanNation link=topic=161932.msg3472271#msg3472271

apparently Romney is closing in PA like a freight train!  WI hasn't went R since 84 and PA hasn't since 88... realignment?

[/quote]

Bad polls from 3rd rate polling organizations seems like a better bet to me Smiley

But it is nice to dream!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »

Low turnout.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

The wave is coming, his strategy is working pretty well rigt now, doesn't need to change anything. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 07:28:13 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In PA probably a bad poll. 
In WI probably a good poll. (Best public poll in WI is usually Marquette law school) 
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 07:41:29 AM »

My prediction for the last few months has Romney winning OH, FL, NC, VA, WI, IA.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 08:27:35 AM »

I'm not a Romney supporter, but I find both Romney and his fellow Democratic-Republican candidate Obama equally unfit to be President, so you can be sure my suggestions are unbiased. :-)

The Romney campaign should have the money and organizational skills to make a very hard push to get likely Romney voters to the polls, while simultaneously hitting undecided with pro-Romney/anti-Obama ad saturation in IA, OH, and WI.

Also, as others have said, make sure you don't ignore Florida, and add in a blitz in NH as well if you can do it without detracting from efforts in the other three.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2012, 08:42:32 AM by AmericanNation »

looks like team Romney is confident they 'have' NC, thus are redeploying NC assets elsewhere.  I would probably move them into Virginia and Ohio.  

I don't think Obama can hold Ohio without neglecting NH, WI, and VA.  likewise if he defends NH, WI and VA he probably can't hang on to Ohio.  Interesting gambit. 
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »

I don't think Obama can hold Ohio without neglecting NH, WI, and VA.  likewise if he defends NH, WI and VA he probably can't hang on to Ohio.  Interesting gambit. 

Why do you think he isn't capable of advertising and campaigning in four states over the next few weeks? He also has literally hundreds of campaign offices buzzing in those states and others.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 10:45:11 AM »

Why do you think he isn't capable of advertising and campaigning in four states over the next few weeks? He also has literally hundreds of campaign offices buzzing in those states and others.

He's being outmaneuvered, momentum is fighting him, and he's competing on ground that is shifting against him (the midwest).  The only way to fight all that is an overwhelming advantage in focus, ads, messaging, personal visits, operatives, etc.  Obviously, you can't be overwhelming if you are spread too thin.       
Hoverbored123
Rookie
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 01:30:24 PM »

looks like team Romney is confident they 'have' NC, thus are redeploying NC assets elsewhere.  I would probably move them into Virginia and Ohio.  

If this is true, it's a serious dilemma for the Obama campaign.  In any case, almost everyone seems to agree that they're losing ground, and fast.  However, I wouldn't count Obama out just yet.  His campaign is like a wounded bear at this point, so there's no telling what they might try to pull in the next three weeks.  It's going to be a heck of a thing to watch. 
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »

RCP average spread polls suggests Romney goes after Ohio, Virginia, Iowa and Colorado.  They're still really close.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »

OH.

NV is fool's gold.

PA is idiot's gold.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »

OH.

NV is fool's gold.

PA is idiot's gold.
You got that right, but NV is the silver state.
Stirring Wolf🥣🐺
Xiivi
Rookie
France

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »

He's done it correctly so far, so his last few steps are maintaining what he has and going for Ohio.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies