Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:59:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141055 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 07:06:50 PM »

Spend a couple hundred bucks and have a brief consultation with a real estate attorney concerning your plans for the house. It's extremely important that you make good decisions with these huge financial decisions. I'm the furthest thing from an expert in this field, but something doesn't quite smell right.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »

Spend a couple hundred bucks and have a brief consultation with a real estate attorney concerning your plans for the house. It's extremely important that you make good decisions with these huge financial decisions. I'm the furthest thing from an expert in this field, but something doesn't quite smell right.

We're not looking to make any kind of profit on this house, we just want to get out from under it.  We've talked to a realtor who graduated from my high school a year before I did.  I also talked to my mortgage company.  My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat.  My realtor is on standby just in case we have to go the market route.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »

We're not looking to make any kind of profit on this house, we just want to get out from under it.  We've talked to a realtor who graduated from my high school a year before I did.  I also talked to my mortgage company.  My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat.  My realtor is on standby just in case we have to go the market route.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »

Here is a small twist in the story as to why I am able to take a full week off work so soon into the job.  I have been offered and accepted a higher paying position in Salt Lake City with CHG Healthcare.  They are a network that hosts itinerate physicians and it will be my job to dispatch these physicians to hospitals (mostly rural) who need to stay open even while a regular staff doctor takes two weeks off.  Hospitals and clinics have to have a minimum number of doctors on staff at any given time and CHG is a way they can get doctors to fill in without having to hire another physician and play musical roles with the rest of the staff.  It is a call center in the fact that I will be making calls and coordinating with the physicians and the hospitals and connecting them.  The job pays $40,000 with benefits.  With my current job and my current paychecks it would have only added up to a little over $26,000, not the $36K they promised me.  CHG will start on Monday, November 19, 2012.  I put in my two weeks notice on Monday with the termination date on Thursday, November 8, 2012.  So, I will have time to go home for a bit without having to ask my supervisor.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »

Interesting. What are the hours of this new job? I imagine it would be somewhat tedious. Hell, just doing phone banking for the Hasner campaign tires me Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »

Interesting. What are the hours of this new job? I imagine it would be somewhat tedious. Hell, just doing phone banking for the Hasner campaign tires me Tongue

Unsure about the hours, just yet, but I imagine they'll be close to "normal" hours.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »

This guy leaves job for scam bit never gets old.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »

Except its not a scam.  I had a phone interview last Wednesday and had a live interview last Friday.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 01:14:15 AM »

Except its not a scam.  I had a phone interview last Wednesday and had a live interview last Friday.

The man who compusively updates an Internet forum about his life didn't tell the forum he had TWO interviews for a job?  Something doesn't smell right...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 01:36:14 AM »

The man who compusively updates an Internet forum about his life didn't tell the forum he had TWO interviews for a job?  Something doesn't smell right...

I've been keeping a few more things quiet.  I haven't mentioned every happening in a while.  If I did, this thread would reach 2000 posts in no time and we'd be on to the 5th Edition.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2012, 01:45:32 AM »

How many jobs have you had in the last 2 years?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 01:47:26 AM »

What I haven't told you yet, is that most of last week, from Tuesday 12:30 pm through the end of the week, I was on bereavement leave.  My other grandmother who lived in Louisiana passed away.  (Technically, she's my great aunt, but I looked up to her and her husband as a third set of grandparents.)  Her husband passed in 2005 and for the past 5 years she's been living near her daughter in Albuquerque and then recently as she started going down hill, because this daughter is a college professor at the University of New Mexico, so she was extremely busy, she was staying with her youngest son in San Angelo, Texas and that's where hospice was called in.  I told my supervisor that I had a death in the family, but I didn't ask for time off.  She told me to take the rest of the week off on her own accord.  CHG gave me a call Tuesday afternoon and we discussed the position, then I had a phone interview on Wednesday and went in for a live interview on Friday and was given the offer before the close of business on Friday.  So, with this job in hand, I felt comfortable enough to put in my 2 weeks notice this past Monday so I could have a week to take care of some business in Oklahoma.  So, my final day is officially Thursday, November 8, 2012, though my final actual work day is Monday, November 5, 2012 because I already had Election Day and the day after scheduled off.  I will go in on Thursday to turn in my badge and then come home.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2012, 01:47:50 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2012, 01:52:05 AM by I'm gonna sink your battleship!! »

More than I would like.

From the beginning of 2011, I have had 4 jobs.  This will be #5 (Convergys, Dell, Xerox, Aetna, CHG).  I don't count Rainbow as a job because I never got paid anything.  In 2012 alone, this will be job #4 (Dell, Xerox, Aetna, CHG)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2012, 01:53:53 AM »

The reason I am leaving Aetna, is as i've already mentioned they jipped me on the pay, and there is also no room for advancement or raises.  People have been there 5 years and have only gotten 1 raise.  The environment was not condusive for growth, either.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2012, 06:56:59 AM »

More than I would like.

From the beginning of 2011, I have had 4 jobs.  This will be #5 (Convergys, Dell, Xerox, Aetna, CHG).  I don't count Rainbow as a job because I never got paid anything.  In 2012 alone, this will be job #4 (Dell, Xerox, Aetna, CHG)

What about Ameriscam? That should count, since you did sell insurance.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »

The reason I am leaving Aetna, is as i've already mentioned they jipped me on the pay, and there is also no room for advancement or raises.  People have been there 5 years and have only gotten 1 raise.  The environment was not condusive for growth, either.

Do you notice a pattern of every single job lying to you?  What even remotely makes you think the new job isn't too......or maybe you're just lying to us?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2012, 08:29:02 AM »

Has anybody else had the experience of a job lying about pay, even once? I never have.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »

Has anybody else had the experience of a job lying about pay, even once? I never have.

Nope.....he either didn't bother to look into the details, or, now don't fall over.......he's lying.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 09:09:14 AM »

Nope.....he either didn't bother to look into the details, or, now don't fall over.......he's lying.

Odds he goes back to Oklahoma before his lease is over?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »

Odds he goes back to Oklahoma and stays before his lease is over?

100%
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »

More than I would like.

What about Ameriscam? That should count, since you did sell insurance.

That was the summer of 2010, which was more than 2 years ago.  The question was asked of the past 2 years, so I went back to the beginning of 2011.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »

It is official!!! I will be coming home for 6 days!! I will be flying into Oklahoma City at 1:45 pm CST on Saturday, November 10, 2012 and be flying out at 7:25 am CST on Friday, November 16, 2012. My flight leaves Salt Lake City at 8:30 am and I'll be flying through Denver. I will probably leave for the airport by 5:00 am so I can park my car and get into the terminal by 6:15 am. I've never been beyond the security checkpoint in Salt Lake City International Airport, so I want to make sure I get there early so I know where to go. It is a bigger airport than Will Rogers. On the way back, I'll have a 3 hour 20 minute layover in Phoenix and will arrive back in SLC at 1:50 pm.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2012, 04:06:34 PM »

How do you have the money to do all this travling if Aetna was screwing with your pay?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2012, 04:47:14 PM »

How do you have the money to do all this travling if Aetna was screwing with your pay?

*raises hand*
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »

I still got paid some money.  I had built up a nice reserve that I was able to tap into, plus Mom helped me with half of the ticket, because she knows I probably will not be able to come home Christmas, so this is our "Holiday Vacation".  November will hurt don't get me wrong, but it won't be as bad as it could be simply because there is a good paying job at the other end.  Which, incidentally, will start on November 26 instead of November 19, which makes more sense.  It wouldn't make sense to work 3 days then immediately have 2 days off for a holiday.  So, they're going to start me after Thanksgiving.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies