Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:48:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141052 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: December 09, 2012, 02:51:23 AM »

The winds shifted more than I thought they would.  I stand corrected.  (To be fair, the NWS made the same error that I did.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #651 on: December 09, 2012, 03:01:42 AM »

The winds shifted more than I thought they would.  I stand corrected.  (To be fair, the NWS made the same error that I did.)

No harm in your thought, as the NWS/NOAA is a very reliable source for weather and climate.  It just happened a little differently than even I thought.  I thought we'd stop at 3, maybe 4, inches.  I didn't imagine we'd get nearly a half foot.

Of course, all the weather forecasts are are educated guesses by men and women.  Nobody knows for sure what God (or Mother Nature if you don't believe in God) is going to bring weather wise.  So many forecasts are completely false, by the NWS, TWC, WU, Accu, and local experts, because God had some other idea in mind.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #652 on: December 09, 2012, 03:06:00 AM »

The winds shifted more than I thought they would.  I stand corrected.  (To be fair, the NWS made the same error that I did.)

No harm in your thought, as the NWS/NOAA is a very reliable source for weather and climate.  It just happened a little differently than even I thought.  I thought we'd stop at 3, maybe 4, inches.  I didn't imagine we'd get nearly a half foot.

Of course, all the weather forecasts are are educated guesses by men and women.  Nobody knows for sure what God (or Mother Nature if you don't believe in God) is going to bring weather wise.  So many forecasts are completely false, by the NWS, TWC, WU, Accu, and local experts, because God had some other idea in mind.

That's not why forecasts fail...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #653 on: December 09, 2012, 03:10:12 AM »

The winds shifted more than I thought they would.  I stand corrected.  (To be fair, the NWS made the same error that I did.)

No harm in your thought, as the NWS/NOAA is a very reliable source for weather and climate.  It just happened a little differently than even I thought.  I thought we'd stop at 3, maybe 4, inches.  I didn't imagine we'd get nearly a half foot.

Of course, all the weather forecasts are are educated guesses by men and women.  Nobody knows for sure what God (or Mother Nature if you don't believe in God) is going to bring weather wise.  So many forecasts are completely false, by the NWS, TWC, WU, Accu, and local experts, because God had some other idea in mind.

Ultimately, it is.  I believe that God controls every single dimension and aspect of this universe and of this world and He alone controls the weather.  There may be climate change, but ultimately, God is always the One in charge calling the shots, always has been, always will be.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #654 on: December 09, 2012, 03:12:55 AM »

Why did God send Hurricane Sandy to the East Coast?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #655 on: December 09, 2012, 03:21:53 AM »

I don't know, to be perfectly honest.  I don't know what His purpose was for Hurricane Sandy, Katrina, or any other natural disaster.  All I know is He is God and I am not.  Sometimes, no, often my definition of good does not match up with His definition of good.  His way is perfect, no matter how devastating the situation seems.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #656 on: December 09, 2012, 03:50:30 AM »

No harm in your thought, as the NWS/NOAA is a very reliable source for weather and climate.  It just happened a little differently than even I thought.  I thought we'd stop at 3, maybe 4, inches.  I didn't imagine we'd get nearly a half foot.

Of course, all the weather forecasts are are educated guesses by men and women.  Nobody knows for sure what God (or Mother Nature if you don't believe in God) is going to bring weather wise.  So many forecasts are completely false, by the NWS, TWC, WU, Accu, and local experts, because God had some other idea in mind.

Ultimately, it is.  I believe that God controls every single dimension and aspect of this universe and of this world and He alone controls the weather.  There may be climate change, but ultimately, God is always the One in charge calling the shots, always has been, always will be.

OK, but that's not why forecasts are wrong.  If you attempt to estimate the speed of a travelling car, the failure of that estimation lies with the person estimating the speed, not the one driving the car.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #657 on: December 09, 2012, 04:09:10 AM »

I appreciate all of these weather updates on the forum, Bushie. I have a nephew and niece out there, so now I know to be expecting snow pictures in the next few days! Smiley
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #658 on: December 09, 2012, 08:33:13 AM »

Ugh, you're no fun anymore. Go meet a girl
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #659 on: December 09, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »

I finally cooked dinner tonight!  I fried up some hamburger patties and had homemade hamburgers.  It may not have been the healthiest, but it sure was better than going out to McDonald's or Burger King.  The dishes have been cleaned up and now I can settle into a Sunday evening!
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #660 on: December 09, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »

God doesn't like librulz, you should know that
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #661 on: December 09, 2012, 07:51:34 PM »

If God doesn't like librulz, I'm not in good shape myself.  Why?  I wholeheartedly support Obamacare and I voted for President Obama which are two big no-no's amongst my facebook friends.  Any time I post anything even remotely saying some good thing about my President, I get lit up like a Christmas Tree!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #662 on: December 09, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »

I finally cooked dinner tonight!  I fried up some hamburger patties and had homemade hamburgers.  It may not have been the healthiest, but it sure was better than going out to McDonald's or Burger King.  The dishes have been cleaned up and now I can settle into a Sunday evening!

...That's cooking dinner? Wow, okay

If God doesn't like librulz, I'm not in good shape myself. 

BAM! lulz
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #663 on: December 09, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »

I finally cooked dinner tonight!  I fried up some hamburger patties and had homemade hamburgers.  It may not have been the healthiest, but it sure was better than going out to McDonald's or Burger King. 

Is it actually healthier than McDonald's? I guess you're not eating fries and a giant carbonated syrup drink with it, so that's good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #664 on: December 09, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »

Why am I being attacked for doing something different?  Am I not allowed to even touch a single hamburger ever again?

Yes, it is cooking.  It is getting the skillet out, spraying it with PAM, shaping ground beef into patties and throwing them in the skillet.  It involves standing over the stove until they are done.  So, yes, IT IS COOKING!!!!!!!!  At the very least, its better than blowing money at a fast food joint.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #665 on: December 09, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »

Did you use organic, locally-sourced ground beef?

Walmart brand ground beef
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #666 on: December 09, 2012, 09:56:48 PM »

I like Chinese food too. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #667 on: December 09, 2012, 10:00:40 PM »

LOL!!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #668 on: December 09, 2012, 10:11:03 PM »

BAM! lulz

Its funny that compared to this forum, I am a Bible-thumpin' conservative.  Compared to my facebook friends, I am a flamin' liberal.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #669 on: December 09, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »

Yes, it's cooking in its absolute bare form... I guess it's slightly better than "cooking" toast.  But real cooking involves more than shaping something and flipping it over in a pan.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #670 on: December 09, 2012, 10:14:44 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2012, 10:19:04 PM by politicus »

BAM! lulz

Its funny that compared to this forum, I am a Bible-thumpin' conservative.  Compared to my facebook friends, I am a flamin' liberal.
You are that rare species: a Bible-thumpin' Liberal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: December 09, 2012, 10:28:48 PM »

Yes, it's cooking in its absolute bare form... I guess it's slightly better than "cooking" toast.  But real cooking involves more than shaping something and flipping it over in a pan.

I'll agree its not cooking a huge meal, and whether it is actually healthier or not is immaterial to this one main thing, and this is a biggie in its own right, it SAVES MONEY!! It saves me about on average $7-$9 for a fast food meal that is a lot worse than what I had.  Tomorrow after work, I plan to go to the grocery store and get another pound of ground beef and fix the spaghetti.  I may get two pounds of meat so I can fix tacos either Tuesday or Wednesday night.  If I can spend about $5 for 2 pounds of meat (hypothetically, mind you) that would end up saving me another $10.  Keep doing that and I'll suddenly get more comfortable in my finances!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #672 on: December 09, 2012, 10:29:14 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2012, 10:31:36 PM by Bible Thumpin' Liberal »

BAM! lulz

Its funny that compared to this forum, I am a Bible-thumpin' conservative.  Compared to my facebook friends, I am a flamin' liberal.

Haha, I kinda like that!

EDIT:  This is sig worthy. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #673 on: December 09, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »

BAM! lulz

Meh... he's comparative to a lot of souithern Democrats.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #674 on: December 09, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »

I'll agree its not cooking a huge meal, and whether it is actually healthier or not is immaterial to this one main thing, and this is a biggie in its own right, it SAVES MONEY!! It saves me about on average $7-$9 for a fast food meal that is a lot worse than what I had.  Tomorrow after work, I plan to go to the grocery store and get another pound of ground beef and fix the spaghetti.  I may get two pounds of meat so I can fix tacos either Tuesday or Wednesday night.  If I can spend about $5 for 2 pounds of meat (hypothetically, mind you) that would end up saving me another $10.  Keep doing that and I'll suddenly get more comfortable in my finances!

You saved $7-$9 on a cheeseburger?  Goodness, how much do you spend when you eat fast food.  A half pound of hamburger meat would be what... $2, plus maybe $0.25 for the buns.  So your cost of this meal was roughly $2.25... so you're telling me that you spend $9.25-11.25 when you eat fast food?  That's like 2-3 value meals or 9-11 dollar menu items.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies