Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:13:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143980 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »

I love sweet tea though. That's my biggest weakness. And diet coke. I am such a bad influence.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1826 on: January 23, 2013, 10:36:09 AM »

I love sweet tea though. That's my biggest weakness. And diet coke. I am such a bad influence.

You're also over 100 pound less than him.  It's cool.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1827 on: January 23, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »

You're also over 100 pound less than him.  It's cool.

I believe I weigh more than Bushie though. But I'm taller and have have muscle weight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1828 on: January 23, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »

I just put in 16 minutes of light cardio mainly focusing on the legs and hamstrings, but with some light tricep work, as well.  On to work out #5 tomorrow night.

16 minutes....16 minutes? You do realize you didnt do a thing, right? That isnt nearly enough time to get your heart rate up enough to start losing weight. When I go lifting, I do at least 30 minutes of cardio to get ready to stretch and work out.

Yeah, that is true. If BushOK is only doing 15 minute exercises a day, he really is not accomplishing much of anything. You need 30 minutes of cardio minimum to start losing weight, and even then you're not doing much. Of course, someone BushOK's size who usual does no exercise may benefit from starting light. I have no idea.

I only did 16 minutes last night.  The first three nights, I did 40 minutes a night including warm up and cool down.  16 minutes is also better than 0 which is what I've done for the thousands of nights before last Saturday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1829 on: January 23, 2013, 07:34:29 PM »

It looks like my trip to Kenya has been rescheduled for June 20-30.  I have time to schedule the leave.  It will have been six months since my Christmas vacation, and I don't plan to take any time off until then, so I should be fine.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1830 on: January 23, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »

It looks like my trip to Kenya has been rescheduled for June 20-30.  I have time to schedule the leave.  It will have been six months since my Christmas vacation, and I don't plan to take any time off until then, so I should be fine.

You'll be fired for taking off for 10 days this soon.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1831 on: January 23, 2013, 10:52:43 PM »

You'll be fired for taking off for 10 days this soon.

No Gramps, he added a dash in the middle of "2030"... at least that's what I'm hoping. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1832 on: January 23, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »

At least we're going back to the plot arc where he starts referring to himself as an African and that he's about to "go home to Africa."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1833 on: January 24, 2013, 09:04:35 AM »

At least we're going back to the plot arc where he starts referring to himself as an African and that he's about to "go home to Africa."

He won't have a job waiting here, so he might as well go "home".
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1834 on: January 24, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »

Well, to be fair, it's absurd that you apparently have to fear losing your job for taking a 10 day vacation in the States.

But that's the way it is, and it seems like he's going to need a new job every year if he insists on taking all this time off.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1835 on: January 24, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »

Well, to be fair, it's absurd that you apparently have to fear losing your job for taking a 10 day vacation in the States.

But that's the way it is, and it seems like he's going to need a new job every year if he insists on taking all this time off.

Wait, the enlightened German world allows that long of a break within 6 months of getting a job?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1836 on: January 24, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »

Wait, the enlightened German world allows that long of a break within 6 months of getting a job?

Not entirely sure, I think the vacation entitlement begins after 6 months. Which is 4 weeks a year, so I think Bushie would actually be entitled to half that after working for half a year.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1837 on: January 24, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »

Not entirely sure, I think the vacation entitlement begins after 6 months. Which is 4 weeks a year, so I think Bushie would actually be entitled to half that after working for half a year.

Lazies!  Tongue
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1838 on: January 24, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »

Eh, it doesnt matter. He'll be at a different company by that point.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1839 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »

IIRC he quit a job by taking unauthorized time off.......he'll do it again.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1840 on: January 24, 2013, 10:31:20 AM »

IIRC he quit a job by taking unauthorized time off.......he'll do it again.

Well that's just stupidity...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1841 on: January 24, 2013, 04:21:37 PM »

I agree... here, there chase people to make sure they take their leave and don't store it up. Largely because it becomes a large liability for companies if people don't.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1842 on: January 24, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »

With days like today, I highly doubt I'll be at a different company by the end of June.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1843 on: January 24, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »

With days like today, I highly doubt I'll be at a different company by the end of June.

Do tell...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1844 on: January 24, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »

Do tell...

Indeed, DISH GURL!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1845 on: January 24, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »

Do tell...

Today was my first day taking calls for the Social Security Administration and I was monitored for one call in the afternoon.  100% on the quality monitor.  It won't count for this first week (through next Tuesday), but it gives me a good feeling that having only been on the phone for a few hours, I've already become comfortable and know what to do to get 100% quality monitors.  Plus, a week or so ago, I received word that they will start moving in the direction to get me on permanent on February 6.  It may take some time beyond that, but they do plan on moving in that direction on February 6.  They can't do it until then, because my 90 days won't be up until the end of the day on February 5.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1846 on: January 24, 2013, 08:20:11 PM »

Haven't we learned in earlier seasons that your job is as risk even when they praised your work?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1847 on: January 24, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »

Haven't we learned in earlier seasons that your job is as risk even when they praised your work?

Yes, I am proceeding with caution, but I feel pretty good about the next few months, at least.  My job right now is just to take it one day, one call at a time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1848 on: January 24, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »

I just fear that, regardless of your performance, up and leaving for 10 days a few months after you start working will not look good and you will be fired because of it, even if they say it is OK when you ask for the time off.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1849 on: January 24, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »

Isn't Bushie working for the government now? As long as President Obama is in charge I think his job will be safe.

Once Christie is elected he'll definitely be on the street though.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies