How will the Universe end? (god believers views welcomed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:25:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  How will the Universe end? (god believers views welcomed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will the Universe end? (god believers views welcomed)  (Read 929 times)
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »
« edited: October 18, 2012, 09:13:44 AM by BlondeArtisit »

religious opinions most welcome for comedy value!!!

The universe is roughly 13,700,000,000 years old.

The Universe is so big that it would take 10m^2^25 to go from your living room to the edge of the universe.

Dark matter currently consists of between 65-75% of the universe. From what we can with light matter and using supernovas to get sight of dark matter the universe is expanding faster than thought. So is it going to slow down or is there still enough energy for it to expand?

I don't believe the universe will contract in. I think there is a possibility that in 5 billion years perhaps the universe will reach a moment of equality where energy and matter is evenly distributed that nothing happens.

What could happen is that the universe will accelerate so much that the middle will compress due to the weight like elastic and the planets, stars galaxies within will suffer huge gravitational shifts and create a ripple affect across the universe giving it more energy to expand but the universe would end up being one long corridor until matter and energy is evenly distributed

note : muslims believe that the sun will rise from the west instead of the east and the antichrsit will appear. Don't worry Allah is here to save us and makes the antichrist go away. He then takes the souls of the muslims to heaven while everyone dies.

John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:26:30 AM »

Probably heat death. If we have descendents in the massive amount of time it'll take for that or anything similar to happen they will hopefully find a way to either stop it from happening or move to another universe if that's even possible.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 12:02:52 AM »

'god believers' is of course the most respectful way to refer to us.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 02:43:13 AM »

Meh; I get 'heathen', 'unbeliever' etc. 'God believer' isn't so bad Smiley
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:57:39 AM »

We could also call you "the delusional" if you'd find that more acceptable. Grin
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »

Jesus will return.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »

It's your chose! (okay, well, some of those scenarios just have to do with the end of Earth or humanity, but a lot involve the end of the entire universe and I had totally forgotten about this site until just now).
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »

We could also call you "the delusional" if you'd find that more acceptable. Grin

I wouldn't, and to be honest I don't find it particularly funny.

'god believer', on the other hand, actually is pretty funny as a phrase. I'm not so much offended as I am tickled pink.
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »

'god believer', on the other hand, actually is pretty funny as a phrase. I'm not so much offended as I am tickled pink.

you should be grateful that your not called a total wacko believing in something with no evidence and defying physics.

Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2012, 03:22:56 PM by Nathan »

you should be grateful that your not called a total wacko believing in something with no evidence and defying physics.

And you should be grateful that I don't believe in reporting folks for personal attacks. All I want is to be, to paraphrase Walter Benjamin, man enough to blast open the present episteme. I'm sure you genuinely think that you have sound 'objective' evidence for everything that you believe, BlondeArtisit (sic), but here's the thing: You don't. Nobody does. That's not how belief works, and it's psychologically impossible to live that way. It's nice you think I'm badass enough to defy physics, though. Have a nice afternoon.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 03:09:24 PM »

Well said Nathan. Well said.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »

Continued acceleration.  The dominance of dark matter begins to counteract gravity at smaller scales.  Galaxies start to break apart.  Then star clusters.  Then solar systems.  Then stars and planets themselves.  Then finally, the very forces that hold molecules and atoms together.  The universe dissipates, and cools.  Only black holes... which cannot be broken apart but instead fade through the emission of Hawking radiation,  remain in the universe.  10 to the 100th years from now, the last black holes fade away.  Then, there is nothing.  No space or time. 

That's what i think is the most likely.  To me... the following one is the most beautiful. (but probably wrong)

It is generally accepted by physicists and astronomers that the universe began with a rapid expansion of space and time from an original singularity, a point in space infinitely dense.  (side note: I hate the term Big Bang because it makes people picture an explosion.  This was likely not the case... it was probably more like a balloon inflating at an unimaginable rate).  This rapid expansion started what came to be known as our universe.  After trillions and trillions of years, the expansion of the universe is counteracted by gravity.  Everything begins to collapse on itself.  At the end, the universe is compressed back into a singularity, back where we started.  However, by it's very definition, a singularity is a very specific thing.  Every singularity which contains within itself all the energy in the universe must be identical.  So, if that singularity were to rapidly expand... then the expansion event must be like event from before.  Therefore the second event must be identical.  Then the third... and fourth... etc etc etc.... Basically the universe relives itself identical to how it did before in every way.  The moment you are living right now, you have lived it infinite times in the past... you will live it infinite times in the future.  Simple, symmetrical, perfect.  I believe it to be almost certainly untrue.. but undeniably beautiful.  (and I'm aware this was described at the end of K-Pax... but I had thought of it before I saw that movie)

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies