If Obama wins reelection, do you wish the current recession to continue? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:52:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Obama wins reelection, do you wish the current recession to continue? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Obama wins reelection, do you want the US to go in another recession?
Yes

No

Maybe

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: If Obama wins reelection, do you wish the current recession to continue?  (Read 2476 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« on: October 18, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »
« edited: October 18, 2012, 08:43:15 PM by 5280 »

If Obama wins reelection, do you wish the current recession to continue?  The media talks about the fiscal cliff on January 2013 when taxes go up for the higher income familes and businesses.  Obama wants the higher income brackets to pay their fair share and its coming closer. Another 4 years of an Obama administration, I doubt the economy will pick up, GDP will gain any ground, etc. Would the recession, put a blow on the Democrat party for a generation after 2016?

I know, some people will not like the thread, but what are your thoughts?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2012/10/18/whos-afraid-of-the-fiscal-cliff/

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/01/news/economy/fiscal-cliff-economists/index.html
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:44:04 PM »

What kind of person, exactly, do you think is going to vote yes? Huh
There's already 2 yes votes, and 4 no votes.  Apparently somebody does, not saying it's a good idea.  My point of the poll, if people still vote for Obama, do they not care enough about fiscal issues, and believe an Obama 2nd term will turn the US around after the last 4 years?  It's self evident that we're in a stagflation economy and it's only getting worse.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 02:48:38 PM »

I don't want the US to go into another recession, but there's enough reason it will. Maybe this will get the US to figure out after Obama's 2nd term, it's not going to turn it around.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »

NOOOOOOOOO!

Voting yes to this question is the equivalent to voting 'yes' to hoping for another terrorist attack.
You're foolish to think that, and it's irrelevant.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »

NOOOOOOOOO!

Voting yes to this question is the equivalent to voting 'yes' to hoping for another terrorist attack.

I think wishing for a recession is like wishing for something like cancer. No one should be hoping for that.
That's too broad of an aspect way of thinking, you either pick a topic or don't contribute.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »

The recession will begin in 2014/late 2013 as a cause of high energy prices, but we are due to experience a cyclical boom that started this September and should last a few months. I am going to vote Not sure to not skew the poll results.
Im afraid gas prices will grow higher, above $5 by end of next year.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »

NOOOOOOOOO!

I think wishing for a recession is like wishing for something like cancer. No one should be hoping for that.
That's too broad of an aspect way of thinking, you either pick a topic or don't contribute.

Do you realize that during a recession people often lose jobs and people lose out on going into the job market? It's devastating.

Yes, I understand the situation. But it doesn't hurt to ask the question.  I do not want anybody to suffer.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 03:38:04 PM »

Anyway I should answer the question - since the two options are either recession or very slow growth regardless of who wins, it's preferable that we have a recession since that may lead to the loss of power by the global elites. There are other scenarios to consider, but one of them is impossible under current austerity regime worldwide - a boom which could lead to the increasing power of the working class if they start demanding higher wages. But among realistic options I'd prefer a recession out of the two realistic options because i dislike capitalism and especially hate neoliberalism, and a recession is the option that's most likely to discredit the current system, and possibilty for high wages and low profits and victories of the oppressed in democratic election systems(not the USA). Another scenario is depression, while it couldstart the use of opebo's favorite method of execution, but the most likely result would be opposite, there are too many jails, weapons and police officers employed today for that to be possible, so the events following a depression would likely be worse than the status quo, some form of fascism(but since  a few places are already heading that way, it might only make a few years of difference).
Thank you for an honest response.  That's what I'm looking for.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:50:05 PM »

Anyone who votes yes, except those who did it in protest or just trolling, has serious mental problems. And yes, 5280 is one of those people. I think he might have snapped. He needs to be transported to Texas ASAP.
I didn't vote yes if you're asking.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 08:01:21 PM »

"another" implies we actually ever got out of the last one.

Your question is improperly phrased... should be "do you wish the current recession to continue..."
I'll change it...
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »

I'm not saying it won't go away, but we keep creating bubbles with stimulus instaed of letting them pop.  I'm not going to waste much time arguing with you, you need to study economics.
This is already happening to our currency under the massive printing. It's time to pull the plug on the fraud machine.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies