If Obama wins reelection, do you wish the current recession to continue? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:15:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Obama wins reelection, do you wish the current recession to continue? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Obama wins reelection, do you want the US to go in another recession?
Yes

No

Maybe

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: If Obama wins reelection, do you wish the current recession to continue?  (Read 2479 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: October 18, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »

The recession will begin in 2014/late 2013 as a cause of high energy prices, but we are due to experience a cyclical boom that started this September and should last a few months. I am going to vote Not sure to not skew the poll results.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »

The recession will begin in 2014/late 2013 as a cause of high energy prices, but we are due to experience a cyclical boom that started this September and should last a few months. I am going to vote Not sure to not skew the poll results.
Im afraid gas prices will grow higher, above $5 by end of next year.
Yes, and that will cause the recession.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=72.0
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:19:58 PM »

I voted yes in this poll because the premise of the question is ridiculous!
Yea the question is pretty ridiculous, I though it was: "do you think the US will go into another recession?"
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 03:36:36 PM »

Anyway I should answer the question - since the two options are either recession or very slow growth regardless of who wins, it's preferable that we have a recession since that may lead to the loss of power by the global elites. There are other scenarios to consider, but one of them is impossible under current austerity regime worldwide - a boom which could lead to the increasing power of the working class if they start demanding higher wages. But among realistic options I'd prefer a recession out of the two realistic options because i dislike capitalism and especially hate neoliberalism, and a recession is the option that's most likely to discredit the current system, and possibilty for high wages and low profits and victories of the oppressed in democratic election systems(not the USA). Another scenario is depression, while it couldstart the use of opebo's favorite method of execution, but the most likely result would be opposite, there are too many jails, weapons and police officers employed today for that to be possible, so the events following a depression would likely be worse than the status quo, some form of fascism(but since  a few places are already heading that way, it might only make a few years of difference).
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »

I know you get your information from breitbart and sites linked to Alex Jones and other assorted conspiracy theorists and related nut bags... But you need to get a grip!

The US is NOT, repeat NOT headed for stagflation - the risks posed to the US economy are mostly external, and it won't make a tinkers cuss worth of good who's in the White House. And considering the Romney/Ryan plan has strong similarities to the European austerity which have worked SO WELL, that that situation is what could trigger and WORLDWIDE recession.

I think a cyclical boom followed by a recession would be classified as an internal cause. But the other likely causes would be external(European economy failing or Chinese card house falling apart).
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 04:38:18 PM »

This question should be "do Obama voters have any common sense?" or even "do democrats understand the basics of economic policy?" as the rush of dems proposing outlandish theories (a boom that lasts only a few months?? =not a boom)(risks to us economy mostly external = laughable) proves they seriously lack the wherewithal to see past their noses.
I should have specified housing boom.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies