FL-18, PPP: West in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:15:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  FL-18, PPP: West in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-18, PPP: West in the lead  (Read 1403 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2012, 05:02:09 PM »

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/political/allen-west-patrick-murphy-congressional-race-west-has-9-point-lead-over-murphy-in-new-poll

West 51
Murphy 42

Romney 50
Obama 45

Good news! This district was a solid bellweather for Florida in 2008, and we see here that Romney is in the lead!

West is surely doing so well due to his opponents horrid favorables thanks to a past of drunken debauchery.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »

Splendid news!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »

West is surely doing so well due to his opponents horrid favorables thanks to a past of drunken debauchery.

Drunken debauchery might give me pause compared against being relieved of command for torturing a prisoner of war, but it would depend on the extent of the drunken debauchery.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »

Drunken debauchery might give me pause compared against being relieved of command for torturing a prisoner of war, but it would depend on the extent of the drunken debauchery.

I suspect that most of America, or at least most of the 18th district of Florida, is not quite as concerned with the complaints of a potential Arab terrorist.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2012, 08:38:49 PM by Nathan »

I suspect that most of America, or at least most of the 18th district of Florida, is not quite as concerned with the complaints of a potential Arab terrorist.

It certainly seems that way, but we should hold our own officers to higher standards than the terrorist suspects that they interrogate, should we not? The US Army was concerned enough to Article 15 West but not concerned enough to court-martial him, so I would submit that we as a nation could perhaps follow their lead in splitting the difference by, say, being willing to elect West to Congress from someplace he actually lives but unwilling to elect him to Congress from someplace he's running in solely because it has Republicans.

I don't personally see why the man's being Arab is relevant to anything, but I know that race is important to you, and it might for all I know be important to at least some of the good people of South Florida too.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »

What exactly is the profile of an Obama/West voter?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »

What exactly is the profile of an Obama/West voter?
Blacks?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 11:32:15 PM »

I doubt West is going to get much from African Americans.

Keep in mind that in polling the difference between 51% (West) and 50% (Romney) could very well be noise. The three points less on the Dem number may be Obama supporters who don't like either House candidate and may leave that blank or end up deciding at the last minute.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »

Go Allen West Go! Smiley a Great U.S. Congressman, hope he wins a 2nd term Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 04:59:40 AM »

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/political/allen-west-patrick-murphy-congressional-race-west-has-9-point-lead-over-murphy-in-new-poll

West 51
Murphy 42

Romney 50
Obama 45

Good news! This district was a solid bellweather for Florida in 2008, and we see here that Romney is in the lead!
Yeah, other people would take that presidential figure as an indicator West is probably leading by round about three. Tongue (Although that way of looking at polls is also too simplistic, of course.)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »

It certainly seems that way, but we should hold our own officers to higher standards than the terrorist suspects that they interrogate, should we not? The US Army was concerned enough to Article 15 West but not concerned enough to court-martial him, so I would submit that we as a nation could perhaps follow their lead in splitting the difference by, say, being willing to elect West to Congress from someplace he actually lives but unwilling to elect him to Congress from someplace he's running in solely because it has Republicans.

I don't personally see why the man's being Arab is relevant to anything, but I know that race is important to you, and it might for all I know be important to at least some of the good people of South Florida too.

That would be a nice theory, Nathan, but Patrick Murphy does not live in the Florida 18th district either. He lives in Fort Lauderdale.

Thus, it comes down to the man who was unkind to an Arab terrorist against the drunk. And, well, people have a hostility towards Arab terrorists given what Arab terrorists have done to this nation. Then again they probably have a negative view of drunks too.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 12:40:06 AM »
« Edited: October 20, 2012, 01:50:24 AM by Nathan »

That would be a nice theory, Nathan, but Patrick Murphy does not live in the Florida 18th district either. He lives in Fort Lauderdale.

That's just sad.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Again, should we not hold our own officers and public officials to a higher standard than terrorists, Arab or otherwise? (This is, of course, taking as a given article of faith that Mr Hamoodi was in fact a terrorist, which correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe was ever proven.) Do you not understand the difference between being 'unkind' and firing a gun next to an unarmed captive's ear or do you just not care?

This simply doesn't seem to be a race with a good candidate, far less two good candidates. The people of this district are faced with a sot and a thuggish extremist, neither of whom even live particularly close by.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies