NE2: The Clean Government Act (Revised) of 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:12:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE2: The Clean Government Act (Revised) of 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE2: The Clean Government Act (Revised) of 2012  (Read 626 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »

The Clean Government Act (Revised) of 2012
1. Beginning July 1, 2013, all publications and official documents published by the Northeast government shall be on at least 80% recycled paper.
2. Beginning January 1, 2017, all buildings and vehicles operated by the Northeast government shall derive at least two-thirds of their power from clean and renewable "green" energy sources.
3. The Governor shall oversee the creation of a Clean Government Authority to determine the exact form of alternative energy to be used in specific locations around the region.  The Clean Government Authority shall be tasked with finding the cheapest, most environmentally friendly, and largest job-producing energy options.
4. The Clean Government Authority's board of directors shall be composed of no more than twenty-five independent members who shall represent environmental groups, representatives of the executive departments, local business groups, and local citizens.
5. Beginning January 1, 2013, all government buildings shall be required to provide recycling reciprocals in convenient locations for both visitors and workers.
6. The Clean Government Authority shall conduct an annual review on all government buildings to determine their carbon footprint and environmental impact.

Sponsor: Barnes

Barnes, you have 24 hours to advocate for this bill. Debate time will last 72 hours total.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 03:41:13 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2012, 03:45:22 PM by Barnes »

The assembly already approved an earlier version of this bill by a 5-0 vote, but after a veto promise from the Governor, I decided to work with his amendments to present a compromise version.  I hope we can efficiently move this bill through, seeing as we've already done it once. Smiley
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 05:44:46 PM »

I have no objections to this.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:53:04 PM »

This looks great, although I would like to see Bore's amendment added to the final text.
I simply overlooked this earlier.  I have no problem with that. 
Amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »

I can support this.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »

Poirot sitting in the citizens section raises hand to ask a question...

At number 2 in the act, what sources of power for vehicles are acceptable as clean and renewable green energy? Hybrid or natural gas powered vehicles are not really renewable and green energy.

And for the amount of two-thirds of their power, is that amount based on the total aggregate power costs for buildings and vehicles for governement, or on each building and vehicle individually ? 
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 10:22:35 PM »

Poirot sitting in the citizens section raises hand to ask a question...

At number 2 in the act, what sources of power for vehicles are acceptable as clean and renewable green energy? Hybrid or natural gas powered vehicles are not really renewable and green energy.

The specifics of policy is to be determined by the CGA.  This is so we can insure an inclusive clean energy policy, however I do understand what you are asking and it is my opinion that the CGA will only consider options that provide true green energy.

It is individual in my interpretation, but I admit the specifics of that section are rather vague.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »

Obviously, I'll be supporting this.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 03:59:35 PM »

I move to end debate under clause G of section 3 of the SOAP, and hold a final vote.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »

Request granted. Voting will last 24 hours or until all Reps have voted. Reps will vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

The Clean Government Act (Revised) of 2012
1. Beginning July 1, 2013, all publications and official documents published by the Northeast government shall be on at least 80% recycled paper.
2. Beginning January 1, 2017, all buildings and vehicles operated by the Northeast government shall derive at least two-thirds of their power from clean and renewable "green" energy sources.
3. The Governor shall oversee the creation of a Clean Government Authority to determine the exact form of alternative energy to be used in specific locations around the region.  The Clean Government Authority shall be tasked with finding the cheapest, most environmentally friendly, and largest job-producing energy options.
4. The Clean Government Authority's board of directors shall be composed of no more than twenty-five independent members who shall represent environmental groups, representatives of the executive departments, local business groups, and local citizens.
5. Beginning January 1, 2013, all government buildings shall be required to provide recycling reciprocals in convenient locations for both visitors and workers.
6. The Clean Government Authority shall conduct an annual review on all government buildings to determine their carbon footprint and environmental impact.

Aye.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »

AYE
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »

Aye!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 10:58:28 PM »

Technically, this is the final version of the bill.  Just to keep things straight.  Grin

This looks great, although I would like to see Bore's amendment added to the final text.
I simply overlooked this earlier.  I have no problem with that. 
Amendment:

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 04:56:38 AM »

My vote's not changed.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »

Aye
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 07:58:06 AM »

With four votes Aye and one member not voting, the act passes the Assembly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies