State of the Senate right now (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:56:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State of the Senate right now (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State of the Senate right now  (Read 26163 times)
ShapeShifter

« on: April 01, 2004, 02:46:11 PM »

You think we'd want more judges like Kennedy or Souter?

You're absolutely right.

In case you haven't figured it out, there's a reason why we're called moderates, its because we're not far right wing conservatives. I'll take a Kennedy over a Scalia anyday, and I'll take Souter over Ginsberg anytime.

The Republican Party is not a single thinking being (ala the Borg), if you wish to turn it into such, then go ahead...I'm sure there are plenty other parties who wouldn't mind the millions of moderate republicans joining them.

I am willing to take my chances that enough people wouldnt leave the party because of a Supreme Court appointee. No, the Republican party isnt a single thinking being, but when it comes down to it, there are far more people like me than Republicans who are pro-Specter / pro-Souter.

Most of the party does NOT stand ideogiacally with Specter.  We should not have to support every moderate.  We support all but one - Specter.  I dont like McCain, but I would back him in an AZ Senate Primary.

All it matters is the letter that comes after their name.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies