Virginia republican party man arrested after destroying registration forms. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:26:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia republican party man arrested after destroying registration forms. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia republican party man arrested after destroying registration forms.  (Read 2386 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 19, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »

I considered posting a thread about JFK winning Cook County, Illinois in 1960 and birthing the modern Democratic coalition.  I figured I'd just mention it here, instead, since we are talking about voter fraud.

You really think the only reason JFK won COOK COUNTY is due to voter fraud?

I officially point and laugh at your hackery.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 10:35:38 PM »

I considered posting a thread about JFK winning Cook County, Illinois in 1960 and birthing the modern Democratic coalition.  I figured I'd just mention it here, instead, since we are talking about voter fraud.

Wow, are you an idiot???  You think the demographics of Cook County are identical to what they were in 1960???  Hahahahaha!!!!!  Let us give you a history lesson, since you don't obviously know your history, Sharpie.

Nixon carried 92 of Illinois' 101 counties.  Kennedy won by under 9,000 votes out of nearly 5 million cast. Kennedy's electoral victory arose out of Cook County.  There, Mayor Daley held back reporting of the votes until late.  Then, Kennedy won the county by 450,000 votes - or 10% of the entire population of the city.  This was an outlier among counties across the nation, and swung 27 electoral votes to Kennedy.  Kennedy ended up not needing the state, but similar allegations were lodged in Texas where Kennedy won by only about 46,000 votes.  So no, tool....I think Kennedy probably would have won Cook County anyway.  But you might recall that a county's margin is generally added to that of the other counties in the entire state - watch for this phenomenon...I'll bet they do that again this year, but can't be positive.  When a margin comes in that is a complete outlier, and huge, it can swing an election.  In this case, assorted publications suggest that yes, fraud in Cook County(You don't think there's fraud....in COOK COUNTY???  See what I did there, smart guy?) won the state for Kennedy.

Thanks for playing though.

Your asinine post made the case that Cook County was won by JFK due to voter fraud. Outside of the Nixon landslide in 72, when's the last time a Republican presidential candidate won Cook County? Before the New Deal? I believe YOU are the one grossly ignorant of Cook County voting history, "Sharpie".

In the chance that you merely ineptly tried making the point that Chicago voter fraud won JFK the White House rather than merely Cook County, simple review of the electoral map and an abacus will demonstrate Kennedy would have won even without Illinois.

Don't play games when you don't know the rules.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 10:38:40 PM »

Wow, are you an idiot???  You think the demographics of Cook County are identical to what they were in 1960???  Hahahahaha!!!!!  Let us give you a history lesson, since you don't obviously know your history, Sharpie.

Nixon carried 92 of Illinois' 101 counties.  Kennedy won by under 9,000 votes out of nearly 5 million cast. Kennedy's electoral victory arose out of Cook County.  There, Mayor Daley held back reporting of the votes until late.  Then, Kennedy won the county by 450,000 votes - or 10% of the entire population of the city.  This was an outlier among counties across the nation, and swung 27 electoral votes to Kennedy.  Kennedy ended up not needing the state, but similar allegations were lodged in Texas where Kennedy won by only about 46,000 votes.  So no, tool....I think Kennedy probably would have won Cook County anyway.  But you might recall that a county's margin is generally added to that of the other counties in the entire state - watch for this phenomenon...I'll bet they do that again this year, but can't be positive.  When a margin comes in that is a complete outlier, and huge, it can swing an election.  In this case, assorted publications suggest that yes, fraud in Cook County(You don't think there's fraud....in COOK COUNTY???  See what I did there, smart guy?) won the state for Kennedy.

Thanks for playing though.

Your asinine post made the case that Cook County was won by JFK due to voter fraud. Outside of the Nixon landslide in 72, when's the last time a Republican presidential candidate won Cook County? Before the New Deal? I believe YOU are the one grossly ignorant of Cook County voting history, "Sharpie".

In the chance that you merely ineptly tried making the point that Chicago voter fraud won JFK the White House rather than merely Cook County, simple review of the electoral map and an abacus will demonstrate Kennedy would have won even without Illinois.

Don't play games when you don't know the rules.

BTW: Do you realize what a self-parody you achieve when you claim "Zzzzzzz" to this story--which in and of itself may be an acceptable reaction---but simultaneously grow visably angry when discussing possible vote fraud from an election over 50 years ago?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies