Ben Kenobi campaign thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:27:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ben Kenobi campaign thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Ben Kenobi campaign thread  (Read 5752 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »

I am a moron Smiley

Feel free to toss whatever abuse you want to toss at me here because I deserve it.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

That's what this thread is for, really. Cheesy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:44:52 AM »

I don't think you are crazy or a moron. I think you could even be a great member of the IDS legislature if you are active and engaged. What you need to do is ease up a bit and be a little less intense. This place will drive you completely batsh**t insane if you sweat it every time someone votes differently then you expected. It happens at least once every election.

One of the biggest drawbacks of Atlasia is that our voting is public, and therefore becomes instant subject of personal outrage if someone feels hurt or betrayed. It also makes personality and connections often more important than issues, ideology, or even competence.

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »

Eh, I was under the misunderstanding that there was only one and not two seats up. Like I said, I have a lot to learn.

Also, if there is stuff that the IDS citizens want - feel free to unload in this thread. I expect to be open to all my constituents and their wishes in this thread. Remember I am YOUR representative. My job is to serve you - and not the other way around.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 05:49:08 PM »

What are you running for?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »

He was running for IDS Legislator, and, sadly, won.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »

Labor put up one candidate for two seats. If it bothers you that much, you could have recruited someone else to run as well.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »

It doesn't bother me since it's the choice of the people of our Region. I don't favor single-partism. However, I keep the right to not be thrilled when a political opponent wins anything. But I'm sure we'll be able to work on some issues still !
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »

He won?  Last I checked the election tracker thread he was behind.  I can't find any results on the IDS election, where are they?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 08:53:14 AM »

In the voting booth, in the dedicated thread. He received less votes than Griffin, but there were two seats up for election.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »

It doesn't bother me since it's the choice of the people of our Region. I don't favor single-partism. However, I keep the right to not be thrilled when a political opponent wins anything. But I'm sure we'll be able to work on some issues still !

And I keep the right to criticize people for taking issue with outcomes they could have easily influenced and didn't. You could have recruited someone else to run, but it's not like you did. The election was essentially uncontested and nobody cared until right now.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »

You guys still haven't cured that bout of Operation Cottonfield, eh?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »

I am hereby announcing my sponsorship of three bills.

1, the bill to expand Nuclear power in the IDS
2, the bill to create congressional representation in anticipation for the Congress forming.
3, the bill to invade and annex Coahila and Tamaulipas.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »

And by popular request - the abolition of income tax bill.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 01:22:45 AM »

YAY!!!
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »

2, the bill to create congressional representation in anticipation for the Congress forming.
3, the bill to invade and annex CoahUila and Tamaulipas.

Wow, what ambitious plans you have. Does our Emperor endorse such Imperialistic policies? What about our Imperial officials? Opinion of John Engle?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »

3, the bill to invade and annex CoahUila and Tamaulipas.

Wow, what ambitious plans you have. Does our Emperor endorse such Imperialistic policies? What about our Imperial officials? Opinion of John Engle?

Probably not, seeing as how the grubby paws of the federal machine will invariably lay their hands on whatever lands we choose to let partake in the bounty of empire. That may not always be the case, though. Wink
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 05:52:44 PM »

Could you be more specific as to what your proposal n° 2 means ? As of now I'm willing to fight you on your other three proposals, but this one I don't get.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »

Could you be more specific as to what your proposal n° 2 means ? As of now I'm willing to fight you on your other three proposals, but this one I don't get.

Looks like yet another secession attempt.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 06:41:25 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2012, 06:47:56 PM by Velasco »

Probably not, seeing as how the grubby paws of the federal machine will invariably lay their hands on whatever lands we choose to let partake in the bounty of empire. That may not always be the case, though. Wink

I hope so, for the state of the foreign affairs and the good relationship with our Mexican neighbours (Atlasia's limit is in Rio Grande, isn't it?). On the other hand your Imperial Bloc's Wiki say that you are anti-imperialists, does this definition work only in one direction?

I voted for you and I hope to see you fighting against this carpetbagger agenda. If the South starts with expansionist policies and secession attempts at the same time, it will end caught between the Federal Machine and some angry Mexicans. John Engle could send the Iowa Militia against us. A complete disaster. On the other hand my green avatar dislikes those plans about nukes. Don't fail me, fellow comrades.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 08:57:15 PM »

I hope so, for the state of the foreign affairs and the good relationship with our Mexican neighbours (Atlasia's limit is in Rio Grande, isn't it?). On the other hand your Imperial Bloc's Wiki say that you are anti-imperialists, does this definition work only in one direction?

Oh, I don't know how our relations are with them to begin with. A few years ago, while residing in Georgia, SPC raised a private army and invaded Mexico. While he did not act with the blessing of the regional government, he was closely associated with the regional government at the time. They may blame us for what happened then.

I don't speak for the Imperial Bloc and had no hand in writing the Wiki article, or have ever even read it. I was rather speaking off the cuff about my initial impressions of the bill. Likewise, I don't think that Ben Kenobi was intending to speak for the party either in proposing this bill.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »

I voted for you and I hope to see you fighting against this carpetbagger agenda. If the South starts with expansionist policies and secession attempts at the same time, it will end caught between the Federal Machine and some angry Mexicans. John Engle could send the Iowa Militia against us. A complete disaster. On the other hand my green avatar dislikes those plans about nukes. Don't fail me, fellow comrades.
Don't worry, we'll get this covered. Time is for energy consumption reduction, not building up nuclear plants. Does anyone seriously want a Fukushima under hurricane Katrina ?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2012, 07:39:28 PM by Emperor PiT »

Don't worry, we'll get this covered. Time is for energy consumption reduction, not building up nuclear plants. Does anyone seriously want a Fukushima under hurricane Katrina ?

At the least, you need to build new plants to replace old ones and renovate existing ones, to take advantage of advances in nuclear plant safety. Refusing to build new plants is an excellent way to promote the occurrence of future disasters.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »

At the least, you need to build new plants to replace old ones and renovate existing ones, to take advantage of advances in nuclear plant safety. Refusing to build new plants is an excellent way to promote the occurrence of future disasters.
I would beg to differ : refusing to build new plants while prolonging the life span of old plants is an excellent way to promote future disasters. That is not what should be done. But we'll have the occasion to discuss all this in the House.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 02:49:19 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why debate the same ol' boring bills when you can have some interesting topics of discussion?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies