Ben Kenobi campaign thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:07:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ben Kenobi campaign thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Ben Kenobi campaign thread  (Read 5770 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2012, 11:55:10 PM »

The office of Ben Kenobi wishes to wholeheartedly endorse Jerry from Arkansas' bid for the IDS legislature. I believe he will make a fine addition and I encourage you all to vote for him.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2012, 01:03:46 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2012, 01:08:31 AM by IDS Legislator Ben Kenobi »

The Office of Ben Kenobi invites all the federalists for a party in San Antonio, TX!

There will be a ton of homemade enchiladas, better then you can find anywhere else, a large, heated indoor swimming pool and lots of good music!

Be there or be square!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2012, 03:02:58 AM »

"Steps up to a podium in Memphis, Tennessee".

My friends, I want to thank you for the kindnesses that I have been privileged to receive from all of you wonderful people in the IDS over the past few months. In October, I had been asked before, by others to step up and take a role in Atlasia, to stand before the people of this great and glorious nation and serve them in their hour of need. Twice I was asked previously, and twice I did refuse.

But this call was different. The men of the past, the small men before, who had belittled and chastised me for what they viewed as my primitiveness, were gone. Swept away by the same tide that they themselves had sustained for so long and for so hard. I was asked, again, to take on the mantle of the IDS, and to serve the glorious people of this great and proud region, the foundation of the entire nation of Atlasia.

I must say, I had not expected said call. I had twice refused, and surely, I could not been seen as a reliable and erstwhile ally by those I had twice refused. But then again - they offered me the same deal as before. Except where once had bourn contempt, now bore respect, a profound understanding of the struggles facing our sturdy region.

And so, I accepted. Did I know that this task would be difficult? Indeed. I had little hope of gaining election and the support of the people in my mind, but you all surprised me once again. You voted for me, and insisted that I take my rightful place in the legislature as your representative. Then as now, I was stunned by the trust that you all showed in me. I trust that you all find your humble faith in me has been well rewarded.

It has not been an easy term. I am not going to sugarcoat the difficulties this region has faced from it's enemies within. We have had seatown, after losing an election in November, attempt to toss out the ballots of 12 atlasian citizens. The result would have been to elect seatown and was a transparent attempt to undermine the principles by which this region holds most dear - responsible government, a government elected by the people, for the people and of the people.

We owe much to the great justice Dibble who quashed Seatown's case and ensured that the people of the IDS would only be governed by a legislature chosen by then, and not handpicked by seatown. Not only was seatown defeated, he was also defeated in the supreme court of Atlasia by unanimous decision. We all are very thankful to JBrase who effectively defended this region in court. We own him a great debt that perhaps some day our people will be able to repay.

The party of Labor has followed up their great exertions by continuence of their attempts to overwhelm the legislature. They have continued to register men with little ties to the IDS and ferry them into their correct districts so that by voting they can nullify the votes of the actual residents. Their goal is clear - to transform this region beyond all recognition, and we must continue to fight these efforts through the recruitment of our own citizens to this great Cause.

Thirdly, there is the matter of the recall filed by Bacon King against yours most truly. I was not surprised to see Bacon King attempt to remove me after his first attemp at legislative control had been thwarted by Dibble. Nor was I much surprised to see the case filed as a petition. What did surprise me is that they were able to obtain, through the use of those same people they have moved into the region, sufficient votes for the recall.

Again, I am thankful for the deep show of faith by the IDS in my governance as a legislature. Not only did we beat off the recall, we demonstrated to Bacon King, that his values and his views are not representative of the people of the IDS.

Finally, there is the court case, also filed by Bacon King against me. I will say nothing more about that other than to say that I do not believe courtesy should be criminal.

I am going to tell a story that was once told here many years ago by a man whom I greatly respect, and I suspect some of you will recognise. This man one spoke here in a parable, explaining the situation that each and every one of us faces as a citizen of the IDS in these times.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You all have not stood by the side of the road, you have all stood up to be counted and for that I shall always be thankful. I am proud of my legislative record in standing up for individual liberties, fundamental freedoms, and the trusted traditions of the IDS against those who would wish to infringe all three. I promise that I will continue to pursue this agenda, to ensure that all voices are represented in the IDS.

I fear I must ask your help once again. There is much work that is left to be done. All of the bills that you have requested that I introduce remain on the order paper. Help me steer these bills through so that I can fulfill the trust you all placed in me back in October. Re-elect me to the IDS legislature!

And again, once more in closing from this same man in this same city, so many years ago.

"Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge to make Atlasia what it ought to be. We have an opportunity to make Atlasia a better nation. And I want to thank God, once more, for allowing me to be here with you. "

"I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop."

And I've seen the Promised Land.

Thank you all. God be with each and every one of you!
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2012, 07:14:18 AM »

Do you want to continue our debate from Velcasos' thread, I personally doubt we will change opinion, but its your choice.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »

Sure. That's what this thread is for. If you want to discuss anything with me, feel free to bring it up. Smiley
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2012, 01:47:43 AM »

Please vote! Don't let Labor take over the region! Protect our Emperor PiT.

We have myself and jerry for arkansas who are also running for both legislative seats.

We need every one of your votes!

Thank you everybody!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2012, 01:39:30 AM »

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2012, 01:59:16 AM »

Heading out the door of my office for the Feast of our Lord and Saviour's birth, and midnight mass tomorrow.

I want to wish everyone here a safe and happy holidays and I look forward to serving the people of the IDS for another two months!

I am amazed by the vote of confidence. Had you asked me after I was second to Griffen that I'd be standing here - re-elected on the first ballot, I would have told you to stop blowing smoke up my ass.

But yet, here we all are.

If I am needed - feel free to direct all communications to my office until we take up shop in the new year. I will ensure, as always, that all messages sent to me will receive a reply. I am YOUR representative and until the people are done with me, I will be there for them.

Pax et Benedictus!

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2013, 07:14:57 AM »

The office of Ben Kenobi announces that I am intending to seek the position of Speakership of the IDS.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »

The office of Ben Kenobi wishes to announce that while I am endorsing the campaign of Cathcon, I am not interested in running as his running mate. There is too much work to be done here in the IDS. I am very honoured to be considered and I wish Cathcon all the best in his campaign.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »

The office of Ben Kenobi wishes to announce that I have been appointed Speaker of the IDS. Thank you Jerry and Duke! It is much appreciated.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »

Any proposed draft bills can be posted here, or PMed to me.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2013, 01:54:38 PM »

The office of Ben Kenobi wishes to happily announce that a mistrial has occurred in the case of IDS vs Ben Kenobi. Smiley
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »

Steps up to the podium.

I was elected on a platform - to serve the people, first and foremost, and not the entrenched interests in the IDS.

I have brought forth the bill that I campaigned on before the IDS legislature. I fought hard to keep it, in the best form that I could pass. Not only did I manage to bring forth the bill, I managed to successfully pass the bill in the IDS.

Prior to initiating the bill, I had negotiated with the Emperor who assured me that he supported the cause wholeheartedly and that he would support me throughout the process. Something that he has done very well until today.

I am sorry, but I do not feel I can work with people who tell me one thing and then turn around and do another.

As I said earlier in this term - talk is cheap. Action is golden. You gage the true merits of a person by his actions.

I thank the people of the IDS for their support - but I believe I cannot serve the people and the cause that they have invested in me any longer, not in the legislature of the IDS. Not with the Emperor at present. Smiley I campaigned on this issue, and the veto has ensured that I cannot complete the promise that I all made to you to pass this bill. Therefore, the only honorable thing for me to do is resign my office.

I wish the IDS the best and the people who have stood with me all the way through - especially SJoyce. I will miss working with you. Napoleon did the IDS a grave harm by taking you away from us.

Peace and Blessings,
Ben Kenobi.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2013, 05:27:47 PM »

The office of Ben Kenobi has evidence to prove that the Emperor is lying. We're happy to provide it, but we'd much prefer that the Emperor stop lying and come clean about his dealings.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »

Post whatever you want; I have made my criteria for making my appointment clear. Velasco is a good person, but selecting him, or any member of Labor, just isn't in the cards this time.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »

You lost someone who walked through the fires of hell to fight for you, PiT. I worked my ass off only to have you take a giant crap on me.

Why bother with the aggravation? I'll work with those who do appreciate me.

Anyways, the chips were down and where the hell were you? Nowhere. Not only that - you sided with the opposition to sell me down the river.

And the best part is I bet you don't even care.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2013, 12:51:22 AM »

Ben Kenobi's series on why Texas is awesome.

#4:

http://www.lsjunction.com/facts/missions.htm
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2013, 12:53:18 AM »

http://www.donpedro.net/
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp