Ben Kenobi campaign thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:46:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ben Kenobi campaign thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Kenobi campaign thread  (Read 5741 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 22, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »

He was running for IDS Legislator, and, sadly, won.

Labor put up one candidate for two seats. If it bothers you that much, you could have recruited someone else to run as well.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »

It doesn't bother me since it's the choice of the people of our Region. I don't favor single-partism. However, I keep the right to not be thrilled when a political opponent wins anything. But I'm sure we'll be able to work on some issues still !

And I keep the right to criticize people for taking issue with outcomes they could have easily influenced and didn't. You could have recruited someone else to run, but it's not like you did. The election was essentially uncontested and nobody cared until right now.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »

I am hereby announcing my sponsorship of three bills.

1, the bill to expand Nuclear power in the IDS
2, the bill to create congressional representation in anticipation for the Congress forming.
3, the bill to invade and annex CoahUila and Tamaulipas.

Wow, what ambitious plans you have. Does our Emperor endorse such Imperialistic policies? What about our Imperial officials? Opinion of John Engle?

Probably not, seeing as how the grubby paws of the federal machine will invariably lay their hands on whatever lands we choose to let partake in the bounty of empire. That may not always be the case, though. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 08:57:15 PM »

Probably not, seeing as how the grubby paws of the federal machine will invariably lay their hands on whatever lands we choose to let partake in the bounty of empire. That may not always be the case, though. Wink

I hope so, for the state of the foreign affairs and the good relationship with our Mexican neighbours (Atlasia's limit is in Rio Grande, isn't it?). On the other hand your Imperial Bloc's Wiki say that you are anti-imperialists, does this definition work only in one direction?

Oh, I don't know how our relations are with them to begin with. A few years ago, while residing in Georgia, SPC raised a private army and invaded Mexico. While he did not act with the blessing of the regional government, he was closely associated with the regional government at the time. They may blame us for what happened then.

I don't speak for the Imperial Bloc and had no hand in writing the Wiki article, or have ever even read it. I was rather speaking off the cuff about my initial impressions of the bill. Likewise, I don't think that Ben Kenobi was intending to speak for the party either in proposing this bill.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2012, 07:39:28 PM by Emperor PiT »

I hope so, for the state of the foreign affairs and the good relationship with our Mexican neighbours (Atlasia's limit is in Rio Grande, isn't it?). On the other hand your Imperial Bloc's Wiki say that you are anti-imperialists, does this definition work only in one direction?

Could you be more specific as to what your proposal n° 2 means ? As of now I'm willing to fight you on your other three proposals, but this one I don't get.
Looks like yet another secession attempt.

I voted for you and I hope to see you fighting against this carpetbagger agenda. If the South starts with expansionist policies and secession attempts at the same time, it will end caught between the Federal Machine and some angry Mexicans. John Engle could send the Iowa Militia against us. A complete disaster. On the other hand my green avatar dislikes those plans about nukes. Don't fail me, fellow comrades.
Don't worry, we'll get this covered. Time is for energy consumption reduction, not building up nuclear plants. Does anyone seriously want a Fukushima under hurricane Katrina ?

At the least, you need to build new plants to replace old ones and renovate existing ones, to take advantage of advances in nuclear plant safety. Refusing to build new plants is an excellent way to promote the occurrence of future disasters.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 04:29:03 AM »

At the least, you need to build new plants to replace old ones and renovate existing ones, to take advantage of advances in nuclear plant safety. Refusing to build new plants is an excellent way to promote the occurrence of future disasters.
I would beg to differ : refusing to build new plants while prolonging the life span of old plants is an excellent way to promote future disasters. That is not what should be done. But we'll have the occasion to discuss all this in the House.

I don't see that as being feasible, but I suppose this is not the place to talk about it. The time to discuss it in the Legislature will come.

Yes, that's right. Ben Kenobi - the Darth Vader of the South.

It's the agenda, not the man. If you have wrong ideas, we must fight against them by pacific means. That's democracy, not target practice.

I'd prefer to fight the wrong ideas by Southern means, personally. Leave the Pacific to the Pacific and the South to the South. Cool
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 02:59:13 AM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 11:07:11 PM »

I'm not a fan of Labor bussing people into the region, but I don't see this form of retaliation as being feasible or desirable. If you want to stop them, I suggest recruiting people and winning elections.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 01:19:46 AM »

It's a bit frusterating to be playing defense all the time and then go to the legislature and watching all your bills go down to 3-2 splits.

That's why I left the Senate...except they were 7-3 splits and my bills had been mutilated into a list of left-wing talking points. It was a pretty soul-destroying experience, and I would have left this forum a long time ago if I didn't have the opportunity to rebirth myself in this region.

The sad thing was, the RPP held five seats in the Senate, but we had no ability to find common ground on the issues before us. An Examiner article by Jas at the time noted that the non-RPP Senators were a far more unified voting bloc than the RPP Senators were.

Duke and Kenobi, may I suggest you two draft a bill together? It may be just the thing to heal this rift and get back on the same page. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 05:18:59 PM »

The Office of Ben Kenobi is announcing that after consultation with party officials inside the IDS, outside the IDS, and my own constituents, that the motion for Secession is withdrawn.

I also have other follow up announcements to come. Smiley

Hooray!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 12:24:29 AM »

But then again they are also filled with the stench of radical laborite corruption that has been present since Napoleon's accession.

I assume you have no evidence for that; care to prove me wrong?

While the composition of the Supreme Court is pretty far left, I was impressed by them upholding Dibble's ruling in the case over last month's elections. They've been doing their jobs up there.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »

Post whatever you want; I have made my criteria for making my appointment clear. Velasco is a good person, but selecting him, or any member of Labor, just isn't in the cards this time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies