Ben Kenobi campaign thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:48:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ben Kenobi campaign thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Kenobi campaign thread  (Read 5735 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: November 04, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »

I am hereby announcing my sponsorship of three bills.

1, the bill to expand Nuclear power in the IDS
2, the bill to create congressional representation in anticipation for the Congress forming.
3, the bill to invade and annex CoahUila and Tamaulipas.

Wow, what ambitious plans you have. Does our Emperor endorse such Imperialistic policies? What about our Imperial officials? Opinion of John Engle?
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 06:41:25 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2012, 06:47:56 PM by Velasco »

Probably not, seeing as how the grubby paws of the federal machine will invariably lay their hands on whatever lands we choose to let partake in the bounty of empire. That may not always be the case, though. Wink

I hope so, for the state of the foreign affairs and the good relationship with our Mexican neighbours (Atlasia's limit is in Rio Grande, isn't it?). On the other hand your Imperial Bloc's Wiki say that you are anti-imperialists, does this definition work only in one direction?

Could you be more specific as to what your proposal n° 2 means ? As of now I'm willing to fight you on your other three proposals, but this one I don't get.
Looks like yet another secession attempt.

I voted for you and I hope to see you fighting against this carpetbagger agenda. If the South starts with expansionist policies and secession attempts at the same time, it will end caught between the Federal Machine and some angry Mexicans. John Engle could send the Iowa Militia against us. A complete disaster. On the other hand my green avatar dislikes those plans about nukes. Don't fail me, fellow comrades.

Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:22:59 AM »

Yes, that's right. Ben Kenobi - the Darth Vader of the South.

It's the agenda, not the man. If you have wrong ideas, we must fight against them by pacific means. That's democracy, not target practice.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »

Our means will be those of the powerful Gulf Stream. You'll have to admit that it's more Southerner than, say, Pacific Ocean. Cool
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:57:44 PM »

Yep. I prefer what Americans call soccer and in the rest of the world is called football. How is it called in Atlasia? Thanks for the invitation, btw. We, the southerners, know how to be courteous, in spite of our differences Wink
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »

Ben Kenobi is also quoting the famous Aesop's fable entitled The Fox and the Grapes. According with the Latin version of Phaedrus:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

La Fontaine's version adds some ambiguous sexual connotations:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Regardless of the meaning that Ben Kenobi has wanted to give to this fable, I'm grateful for the efforts for raising the tone of this campaign with these so educated references. I'm certainly impressed. Wink
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 02:04:35 PM »

The chainsaw was a Ben Kenobi's addition, nothing to do with Aesop or La Fontaine. He is an imaginative person.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 02:35:15 AM »

I'm afraid that many of you don't know what is a radical leftist. That's not strange since there aren't actual communists in this forum (the few 'far-leftists' around here are a joke compared with the real 'radical left') and given how to the right have drifted certain societies on the other side of the Atlantic. Indeed, if you believe that the average Labor member here is a far-leftist you have a serious problem of appraisal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies