So it has been like eight hours since I did a full Senate update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:44:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  So it has been like eight hours since I did a full Senate update
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So it has been like eight hours since I did a full Senate update  (Read 509 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2019, 03:38:45 AM »

and PMed and DMed all of the members about it and yet I am still the last post on virtually all of the Senate threads, in spite of this time crossing through what used to be prime time debating hours back when that meant something.

Personally, I blame the disco...rd.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »

And I am still the last post on half of them.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 01:07:14 PM »

Tbf I don’t think many of our senators were up at 1-5 AM. At least the Labor ones I talk to regularly generally aren’t.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 01:47:07 PM »

and PMed and DMed all of the members about it and yet I am still the last post on virtually all of the Senate threads, in spite of this time crossing through what used to be prime time debating hours back when that meant something.

Times have changed and the hours during which you posted this are no longer peak debating hours, in fact they're the antithesis of that. I'm one of the most active players here, and as you can see, you chose very poor timing looking at my stats:

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 02:52:12 PM »

Last night was the Big Brother premiere, I plan to be weighing in on threads this evening.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 05:14:58 PM »

Last night was the Big Brother premiere, I plan to be weighing in on threads this evening.

The second episode is tonight.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 11:22:59 PM »

Tbf I don’t think many of our senators were up at 1-5 AM. At least the Labor ones I talk to regularly generally aren’t.

I did the Senate update around 7 PM.  Clearly math skills need some work.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 11:29:20 PM »

Times have changed and the hours during which you posted this are no longer peak debating hours, in fact they're the antithesis of that. I'm one of the most active players here, and as you can see, you chose very poor timing looking at my stats:

Your chart shows strong activity around midnight and noon, thank you for proving my point genius.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »

The second episode is tonight.

I don't watch crap.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 11:32:36 PM »

I think some of you miss read this thread. I posted this thread eight hours after I did the update, going on nine hours. I then updated it at the 15 hour mark. It is the only possible way to explain the emphasis on 1-5 to from YE and Wulfric.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 11:34:21 PM »

I did the Senate update around 7 PM.  Clearly math skills need some work.

Considering I'm in the midst of a partial differential equations summer course, I think I'm well aware of that already.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 11:41:43 PM »

Your chart shows strong activity around midnight and noon, thank you for proving my point genius.

I meant in the region when you posted the OP of this topic. Complaining to the air.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 12:12:30 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2019, 12:16:42 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I meant in the region when you posted the OP of this topic. Complaining to the air.

I never intended this to be posted during the peak debating hours. I posted this as I was about to go offline and go to sleep to draw attention to fact that in a total of eight or nine hours since a mid evening update, only like one thread had been posted in out of like 15. Not every Senator lives overseas or in a timezone that would make this impractical. sh**t Vern lives a few counties away from me and LT is like an hour behind me and was on discord most of the night as usual.

This thread was posted at just the right time to get a full days worth a viewing and responses, to draw attention to a problem. Since I work afternoons and I have historically posted these public attention threads right before I go to bed, knowing it will be 21 or 22 hours before I get on again. The very fact that you thought I expected real time responses to this thread illustrates just how much IRC/Discord has corrupted your thinking, Wulfric.

I am not expecting everyone to post in every thread in just a few hours. What I am saying is that we have repeatedly had situations where threads would sit with my post as the last for days, asking a question or seeking pertinent information and no response. This has happened repeatedly in recent months. And if you hadn't noticed I haven't pulled any punches based on party, I will call all their asses out and demand better.

Last night Sestak said something to me that caught my attention, he said Senators are clicking on threads like eye candy, which is why the posting, debate and interaction is sporadic.

1. Senators have got to use the noticeboard to avoid missing threads
2. Senators have got to make a point to check every thread "as often as practical". It is fine to specialize or focus on areas of interest more than others but that doesn't mean you completely ignore stuff that isn't in one's wheel house
3. We need more regular discussion and back and forth, even if it means pulling away from the memes, drama and bs on discord for 30 minutes. It won't kill you guys.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies