The Atlasian Laborinth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:29:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Laborinth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: The Atlasian Laborinth  (Read 19266 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2014, 12:49:02 PM »

I didn't even see that one at the time...

Hahaha Griffin, that one is good.
Just why on earth am I Obama? Tongue

Because there's a tendency for Obama to be referred to as the "Appeaser-in-Chief" by those on the right in America, he's the President and the image was the best/first example for "appeasement" in Google Images. Tongue

I didn't realize you were criticizing Cranberry from the right Wink
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »

Ha! I miss this paper quite a bit!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2014, 07:46:30 AM »

I didn't even see that one at the time...

Hahaha Griffin, that one is good.
Just why on earth am I Obama? Tongue

Because there's a tendency for Obama to be referred to as the "Appeaser-in-Chief" by those on the right in America, he's the President and the image was the best/first example for "appeasement" in Google Images. Tongue

Haha Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2015, 06:28:16 PM by RGriffin »

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume D, Issue A                                              Price: Your Fair Share

SIMFANATICALAWBREAKER

The Atlasian Laborinth has disappointing yet completely unsurprising news to report: the current Pacific Council and Gubernatorial Election is a sham, and furthermore, is likely the center of a devious plot perpetuated by current Governor Simfanatic. Anonymous sources in the Pacific reached out to The Atlasian Laborinth, despite being in grave danger, to bring our reporters this information.

According to public record, Governor Simfan opened the April Pacific Council and Gubernatorial voting booth with the following options:

Gubernatorial Election Ballot:

][ ] Simfan34 of California
      The People's Party

[ ] Write In:

[ ] Abstain:

Legislative Council Election Ballot:

[ ] Gully Foyle of California
      Transcendental Democratic Party

[ ] Paleobrazilian of Washington
      Federalist Party

[ ] Jojoju1998 of California
      Federalist Party

[ ] Türkisblau of New Mexico
      The People's Party

[ ] Write In:

[ ] Abstain:

Yet, as The Atlasian Laborinth has discovered, one of these candidates shouldn't be on the ballot! Paleobrazilian never in fact declared to be in this election. The last time Mr. Brazilian declared his candidacy for Pacific Council was over four months ago.

Since then, there has never been another declaration from the guy. Perhaps our loyal readers are asking themselves, "but wait: perhaps Mr. Laborinth has it all wrong and the Governor thought that declaration was for this election?". This simply cannot be the case.

The series of events plays out as such:

December 5, 2014 - Mr. Brazilian declares intent to run for Pacific Council
December Elections
February Elections
Early Dec 2014 - Apr 9, 2015 - Mr. Brazilian does not declare intent to run for Pacific Council
Apr 9, 2015 - Mr. Fan opens the booth for Pacific Council election; Mr. Brazilian is on ballot

This is where The Atlasian Laborinth believes the plot thickens. The Governor including a long-inactive candidate on the ballot who is not eligible for ballot status due to not declaring - when there is already someone who is active and running from the same party, and that someone happens to be an individual with whom Sim Fan seems to dislike - seems highly suspicious and Deeply Disturbing, according to Laborinth reporters (Editor's Note: Fred Trump can suck it). Why else would the Fan give a preference to Mr. Brazilian - who hasn't even campaigned, shown up nor declared - a higher preference (or any at all) than someone who has, while simultaneously mounting a write-in campaign for someone else who hasn't demonstrated an interest in running? A desperate, corrupt conspiracy to cling to absolute power seems to be the only answer.

As best we can tell, this could very well be a ploy to split the Federalist vote and ensure the individual with better name recognition (who is the one who hasn't made a post in three weeks and is not eligible to be on the ballot in the first place) is elected - just in case his write-in scheme fails - resulting in a vacancy that the Gaffenor then gets to fill in a ridiculous fashion.

Did Mr. Fan purposefully and indirectly disenfranchise a candidate in the ongoing election by including another member of his party on the ballot who was invalid to be on it, ensuring his friends would dominate the Pacific Council?

We'll let our readers connect the dots and decide, but if anyone else has more information about this potential long-running conspiracy, then please contact The Atlasian Laborinth ASAP.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »

I was wondering why Paleobrazilian was on the ballot and it's odd that Simfan would vote for him when he never campaigned and kind of got ejected for inactivity from the Council back in January.

To deepen the plot, when Paleo came back to Atlas ~March 21st he posted longwinded Simfan-ish posts to the Brazil thread which Simfan repeatedly complimented as great.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2015, 07:05:30 PM »

Simfangate
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2015, 07:11:38 PM »

I was wondering why Paleobrazilian was on the ballot and it's odd that Simfan would vote for him when he never campaigned and kind of got ejected for inactivity from the Council back in January.

To deepen the plot, when Paleo came back to Atlas ~March 21st he posted longwinded Simfan-ish posts to the Brazil thread which Simfan repeatedly complimented as great.

Not again! What is with the Pacific?

This is all your fault bgwah, you have cursed the place.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2015, 07:20:05 PM »

...? I didn't vote for him. I gave him a fourth preference.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2015, 07:22:34 PM »

...? I didn't vote for him. I gave him a fourth preference.

The scandal is that you pref'd him over jojoju while at the same time putting him on the ballot for no conceivable reason (except maybe to split the vote).
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2015, 07:27:20 PM »

And? There is no scandal here, a clerical error at worst. Do you want to enable Labor's tactics, Turkisblau? Are you trying to accuse me of making socks? If you wanted me out of office you should have had the courtesy of challenging me upfront rather than tracing a dagger on my back. You would have been far wiser for having done so before I (literally) won re-election with 100% of the vote.

Either you can be honest about your intentions or stop enabling this nonsense and stand with your party.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »

And? There is no scandal here, a clerical error at worst. Do you want to enable Labor's tactics, Turkisblau? Are you trying to accuse me of making socks? If you wanted me out of office you should have had the courtesy of challenging me upfront rather than tracing a dagger on my back. You would have been far wiser for having done so before I (literally) won re-election with 100% of the vote.

Either you can be honest about your intentions or stop enabling this nonsense and stand with your party.

I saw this and I decided to add what I know as this is obviously troubling to me especially after the Intell situation - I have to desire to be Governor of the Pacific Region. Maybe having more attention being put on them will stop this recent rash of clerical errors?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2015, 07:56:44 PM »

I wonder who the source was.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »

Also Averroes started the write-ins for Superique, not me.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »

ftfy
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »

Is this the future of TPP governance in Atlasia?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2015, 10:08:56 PM »

Spamage's votes denied though his vote was cast 10 minutes before the deadline.  This does alter the election results.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2015, 10:20:39 PM »

Yeah there is something weird there. I don'th think the results change since Superique didn't accept write-ins and counting the vote doesn't change that. That said, the timing is something that needs to be looked at.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »

Yeah there is something weird there. I don'th think the results change since Superique didn't accept write-ins and counting the vote doesn't change that. That said, the timing is something that needs to be looked at.

Counting the vote does change the results if my calculations are correct.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »

Spamage's votes denied though his vote was cast 10 minutes before the deadline.  This does alter the election results.

No, no it was not. Voting booth opened at 08:04:47 pm, closed 72 hours later. Spamage casts his vote at 08:49:11 pm. He's past the deadline. Nothing ambiguous about it. I obviously have no desire (I like higher turnout) to disallow his vote but it's completely clear cut. JCL's math does not add up.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2015, 10:31:19 PM »

Counting the vote does change the results if my calculations are correct.

Jojoju already loses to Superique in the count by seven votes, making it eight doesn't change the fact that those votes all exhaust since he didn't accept write-ins.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2015, 10:34:08 PM »

No, no it was not. Voting booth opened at 08:04:47 pm, closed 72 hours later. Spamage casts his vote at 08:49:11 pm. He's past the deadline. Nothing ambiguous about it. I obviously have no desire (I like higher turnout) to disallow his vote but it's completely clear cut. JCL's math does not add up.

I think the confusion is that you defined the period of the election in Standard Time when we are now in Daylight Savings. I thought it was ending at 5 PM my time, not 4 PM.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »

I think the confusion is that you defined the period of the election in Standard Time when we are now in Daylight Savings. I thought it was ending at 5 PM my time, not 4 PM.

Atlasia doesn't use Daylight Savings Time. We even passed a resolution on the matter in the Senate as I recall.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »

Atlasia doesn't use Daylight Savings Time. We even passed a resolution on the matter in the Senate as I recall.

WTF. Where did that idea come from? Did they pack the Senate with Arizonans or something?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2015, 11:14:01 PM »

WTF. Where did that idea come from? Did they pack the Senate with Arizonans or something?

Fritz. It passed unanimously and was signed by President Duke.

Thep roblem is that time can change during the election if there is a special or a vote in the Senate and cause all kinds of hell. We don't have to worry about energy usage and DST is lame anyway, so yeah. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2015, 11:16:32 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=194223.0

Also as far back as 2010 the Senate has used only standard time. The Constitution only mentions Standard time and now as of 2014, we have Federal Statute.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies