The Atlasian Laborinth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:18:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Laborinth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: The Atlasian Laborinth  (Read 19392 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2013, 10:13:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fine. Then issue a condemnation of Emperor PiT in vetoing the bill to eliminate income and corporate taxes in the IDS.

I've heard plenty of words and promises and precious little actual support in the crunch.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2013, 10:15:20 PM »

When you've got Napoleon on your side, and Federalists on the other, isn't that a clear sign?

Sounds like its actually normal people on one side and a cranky Federalist people should stop quoting so I don't have to see what he posts on the other.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2013, 10:38:01 PM »

Let folks burn me at the stake if they want to- I held no grudge when several prominent Whigs voted Napoleon over me...I simply went dancing with my fiancee and let the troubles of an online game stay on the web
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »

When you've got Napoleon on your side, and Federalists on the other, isn't that a clear sign?

Sounds like its actually normal people on one side and a cranky Federalist people should stop quoting so I don't have to see what he posts on the other.
Wait, you put goldwater on ignore and not ben, I have it the other way around, so I would like an end to Kenobi quotes.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »

Wait, you put goldwater on ignore and not ben, I have it the other way around, so I would like an end to Kenobi quotes.

What? Napoleon doesn't have me on ignore... Unless he's not telling me something. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2013, 11:30:31 PM »

No, I love Goldwater! Except when he quotes the troll, who I have on ignore.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »

Let folks burn me at the stake if they want to- I held no grudge when several prominent Whigs voted Napoleon over me...I simply went dancing with my fiancee and let the troubles of an online game stay on the web
^ Smiley Ah yes, there are so many fun things to do outside of Atlasia!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2013, 03:45:54 AM »

There hasn't been an effective 'federalist' party for quite some time now. Oh, sure, there are people who claim to be members of the party, but they certainly don't work together with any sense of purpose other than to advance the cause of progressivism through atlasia. I'm not really sure what's the point of bothering to show up to vote, when your voice won't change anything.

Why don't you start your own party, then?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2013, 05:55:19 AM »

So the solution to fix the party is to kick out the party loyalists? No - kick out the people who can't seem to understand which side they are on.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2013, 05:57:18 AM »

Not a peep from Goldwater, I'm not surprised. Smiley

Thanks for your time Goldwater, but don't waste mine. Good luck with the election. :b:
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2013, 06:26:50 AM »

No, I love Goldwater! Except when he quotes the troll, who I have on ignore.

sorry but you quoted Kenobi quoting Goldwater.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:14 AM »

So the solution to fix the party is to kick out the party loyalists? No - kick out the people who can't seem to understand which side they are on.

I should think the leaders of the party get to decide who is a "loyalist" and who isn't. Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2013, 09:38:29 AM »

There's a world outside of Atlasia?  No way!
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »

Yeah I mean there is forum community, Individual politics, there is a whole forum outside of this board Smiley. (which of course is all important in everyones lives).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »

Fine. Then issue a condemnation of Emperor PiT in vetoing the bill to eliminate income and corporate taxes in the IDS.

I've heard plenty of words and promises and precious little actual support in the crunch.

While not Goldwater, I believe such a statement was issued at me, and as such I will respond.

I'm not going to condemn a regional executive in a position that I myself have never been in. Nor am I going to condemn him for refusing to abolish a source of revenue for the regional government. Do not rush to assume that somehow makes me a puppet of Atlasia's Center-Left/Left-ism. First off I will state that I have long been an opponent of what I, and I believe many here, would define as radical change. Secondly, this is a Center-Left/Left-ist country and to call for a nationally prominent figure to condemn a member of his own party who is both in a leadership position and a regional executive for having refused to sign such a bill as I referred to above would be deemed foolish on a political level. Thirdly, I would not destroy such a stream of revenue without first looking into the various effects, both economic and budgetary.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »

Yeah I mean there is forum community, Individual politics, there is a whole forum outside of this board Smiley. (which of course is all important in everyones lives).
That was funny. Good job Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2013, 10:25:56 PM »

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume B, Issue A                                              Price: Your Fair Share

TIME TO WAKE UP, B*TCHES!

With the announcement from Federalist Presidential candidate MattfromVT in regards to his selected running mate, Midwest Wisard Extraordinar Maxwell, The Atlasian Laborinth feels compelled to issue an immediate statement regarding its opposition in the upcoming presidential race.

As many have noticed, Atlasia has recently been suffering from a lack of interest among its citizens. Entire regions have been plunged into wolfenarchy, while key power players among the Atlasian elite have resigned themselves to just not giving a . With voting booths being opened late, conventions falling into shambles and offices being vacated left and right, it is perfectly understandable that many have resigned themselves to:

So perhaps this helps explain how the largest political party in Atlasia has ended up with such an inexperienced ticket running in the June Presidential Election. Vice-Presidential nominee Maxwell has served a total of three months as Wisard Extraordinaer: his only claim to fame. At the top of the ticket, former Senator Matt has even less experience: with less that one month served as Senator and less than one month served as SoIA, The Atlasian Laborinth feels very comfortable in reporting that this is the least experienced ticket to run for the office of Presidency in many years.

With the country in such a lull and the next election being such an important barometer of the future of our country, can we realistically vote for a ticket that - combined - has less than six months of experience? What does this say about the Federalist Party, which, out of 53 members, did not have one experienced soul step up to bat for their team?

Some reports suggest that this could quickly change. One notable Federalist has whispered to The Atlasian Laborinth that he make take his case straight to the Federalist Convention floor and make a rational appeal for selecting him as their nominee. With it being the Federalists, though, anything rational at this point might just collapse the entire party.

For those who have been watching the race with due diligence but are unsure of their first choice, we encourage them to evaluate the following infographic and come to their own conclusions.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2013, 11:56:45 PM »

Well, it’s an interesting strategy. Does Nix endorse it? I’m only asking because if you were to run focus groups, I’d bet that Nix’s biggest weakness (and I’ll admit, he doesn’t have too many—you’ve got a good candidate) would be his perceived coldness and occasional tendency to be a bit snappy. He'd probably admit that, too.

So all in all, I’m disappointed that this is the route you’re going to take… but you’re doing a nice job of highlighting your team's negatives, which makes it hard to know how to proceed. Either way, I guess I'd ask whether Atlasia really wants to go back to the divisiveness of Napoleon. This tactic should be fair warning to folks who are paying attention.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2013, 12:17:15 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2013, 12:22:26 AM by Governor Scott »

I don't want to pour oil on any fires or anything, but that post was in really poor taste.  Do we really want a repeat of last year's June campaign?

Though I am supporting Nix/DemPGH for this election, shenanigans like this is not a way to make me feel more assured of my vote or heighten the prospects of Labor getting my support in other elections.  Call me a "moderate hero" if you must, but just know that this is not the way to make friends here.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2013, 12:25:28 AM »

The game has been stale since The People's Party went into hiding. RIP, sweet prince.

I've missed this paper though. Always a good read even if it is controversial. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2013, 12:29:23 AM »

The Atlasian Laborinth stands by its reporting and emphasizes that its content is not endorsed nor distributed prior to anyone within the party - including presidential nominees. Considering that the editor of The Atlasian Laborinth spent more time in the IDS Legislature than the Federalist ticket combined has spent in office, it goes without saying that these issues are valid concerns for any voter.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »

Good show!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2013, 09:16:07 AM »

I must say I am disappointed by the tone of the latest article in the Atlasian Laborinth.

It's fine to point at the differences between candidates but comments such as these are really unnecessary:

- "With it being the Federalists, though, anything rational at this point might just collapse the entire party."

I consider this insulting to the many hard-working and rational Federalist
officeholders.

- "Vice-Presidential nominee Maxwell has served a total of three months as Wisard Extraordinaer: his only claim to fame."

This comment is particularly bad and ironic because Maxwell is someone who has worked really hard to revive an almost completely inactive region controlled by the Labor Party.

Also, before you attack the Federalist Party for not being able to run an "experienced soul" in a presidential election, please consider that we have just lost our very experienced candidate due to a heart attack and that it's not easy to find dozens of new candidates to replace him barely a month before the election.

Looking at the entire article, I believe you have just made this up:

"One notable Federalist has whispered to "The Atlasian Laborinth" ..."

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »

While in the past this paper has served the public well, having seen some recent pieces of text, I fear that this once fine source of news information has become naught but a rag. Such a sad demise.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »

Also, I recall at one point heading what I considered a decently experienced ticket, only to see it go down in flames. So at this point, maybe it's time we invited some "new blood" into the office of the Presidency.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies