The Atlasian Laborinth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:38:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Laborinth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: The Atlasian Laborinth  (Read 19439 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »

The Era of Good Feeling seems so far away now!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »

Indeed. Sad
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2014, 08:38:21 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2014, 08:41:05 PM by Lt. Governor Matt Credico »

Also, you're gubernatorial nominee is known for disappearing for months at a time, coming back, and disappearing again. Smiley But that's okay, buddy, it's cool when Labor does it! Smiley

The Atlasian Laborinth duly notes the attempt by the blue-blood to steer the conversation away from an indefensible voting and participation record by levying incomparable criticisms against people who are not even running against him.

And who does The Atlasian Laborinth blame for the inactivity of its own candidates? Must be The IRC, right, buddy? Smiley

The Atlasian Laborinth also duly notes that The People's candidate for NE Senator has already engaged more with said publication in the past thirty minutes than it has with his electorate over the past month as Representative. The Atlasian Laborinth is truly flattered, and we stand by that statement.

Oh yes, but your candidates are soooo much better, correct? Smiley I mean sure, they can be as inactive as they want, but Labor doesn't actually need to be different from what they accuse others from, no? Smiley

I mean though tbf, The People's administration was almost universally beloved Smiley just like the current admin..... oh wait, oooooops, my apologies, buddy! Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »

It's true. Sad

I miss the days when The People claimed what was their's in the cool, crisp autumn of 2013.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2014, 08:57:47 PM »

The Sawx campaign condemns the Laborinth's lies about his tenure as an Assemblyman, and demands a correction. Surely the Labor Party must be desperate for a victory, considering it has only taken them four days to lie to the public instead of offering a real debate.
That bill was not within the past 30 days

It was introduced before then, but signed into law on August 24. Has Labor forgotten to add?
Let's not forget, that was a bill you introduced based on a real-life scenario that does not accurately reflect what actually happened in the car that night and is disrespectful to insinuate that.

Don't voters deserve something separate of that? They deserve original, quality bills while your bill took little effort and was horribly written I might add such as allowing sexual relations while the person's driving. You also plagiarized another act by the same name passed by the Northeast, initially.

ROFL

Thx for your pulitzer prize winning input. We'll certainly take that wholeheartedly into consideration at some point in the future.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2014, 09:00:42 PM »

The Sawx campaign condemns the Laborinth's lies about his tenure as an Assemblyman, and demands a correction. Surely the Labor Party must be desperate for a victory, considering it has only taken them four days to lie to the public instead of offering a real debate.

It was introduced before then, but signed into law on August 24. Has Labor forgotten to add?
Let's not forget, that was a bill you introduced based on a real-life scenario that does not accurately reflect what actually happened in the car that night and is disrespectful to insinuate that.

Don't voters deserve something separate of that? They deserve original, quality bills while your bill took little effort and was horribly written I might add such as allowing sexual relations while the person's driving. You also plagiarized another act by the same name passed by the Northeast, initially.

The FitzGerald Act commemorates Frances FitzGerald, a journalist famous for her views on marijuana. The FitzGerald-Grehan Act commemorates a man and a woman who found love in a hopeless place (that is, the bastion of Atlasian social conservatism) and was disrupted by a rogue police force.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2014, 09:05:31 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2014, 09:11:17 PM by Lowly Griff »

Oh yes, but your candidates are soooo much better, correct? Smiley I mean sure, they can be as inactive as they want, but Labor doesn't actually need to be different from what they accuse others from, no? Smiley

I mean though tbf, The People's administration was almost universally beloved Smiley just like the current admin..... oh wait, oooooops, my apologies, buddy! Smiley

The Atlasian Laborinth asks the apparition in question to produce the names of all current Labor candidates for office who have demonstrably worse levels of activity in regional or federal legislatures than itself. Unfortunately, none of this shall explain the blue-blood's lack of legislative commitment to the citizens of the Northeast.

The Atlasian Laborinth also notes that while The People's administration may have enjoyed prosperity, the blue-blood in question had to be replaced before his first term concluded, with similar results occurring during his time as Senator, and in spirit, the same action was needed over the past month in the NE Assembly. As such, The Atlasian Laborinth believes it unsubstantiated for the cantdidate in question to imply his association with it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2014, 09:10:25 PM »

The FitzGerald Act commemorates Frances FitzGerald, a journalist famous for her views on marijuana. The FitzGerald-Grehan Act commemorates a man and a woman who found love in a hopeless place (that is, the bastion of Atlasian social conservatism) and was disrupted by a rogue police force.

The Atlasian Laborinth clearly sees through this hastily-constructed explanation for the proposal of this bill, and will remind its readership that the candidate in question's only defense of his sub-par legislative record is a bill that was introduced to make fun of another Atlasian citizen.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »

Actually, despite LeBron and my various disagreements (especially on the matter of drugs and the night that Ed FitzGerald got arrested), I consider him a close friend.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2014, 09:18:50 PM »

Can we stop this for a second: are you seriously using a plagiarism accusation in ATLASIA??? You are beyond useless.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »

The Atlasian Laborinth asks the apparition in question to produce the names of all current Labor candidates for office who have demonstrably worse levels of activity in regional or federal legislatures than itself.

The Atlasian Laborinth also notes that while The People's administration may have enjoyed prosperity, the blue-blood in question had to be replaced before his first term concluded, with similar results occurring during his time as Senator, with a similarly-needed resolution over the past month during in the NE Assembly. As such, The Atlasian Laborinth believes it unsubstantiated for the cantdidate in question to imply his association with it.

Hey buddy, no offense but you're wrong on both accounts. Smiley I voluntarily resigned in my second term as a result of the last quarter of high school, and having 2 AP classes, which I did really well in, in case you were wondering. And as a Senator I was praised by then members of the Labor Party such as future President Nix for being "an extremely active senator, where I authored such acts as: The Prison Reform Act of 2013 Smiley I know you worked really hard on this misleading paper, but unfortunately, you got both statements wrong so I have to give you this:

You still get a "Smiley" for effort though!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2014, 10:16:32 PM »

While I generally don't like ad hominem attacks and they would certainly be wrong in this case, all that Griffin noted was that Matt's sudden decision to run for the Senate seems odd in spite of his poor record in office over the past few weeks. While he might very well have more time on his hands, why not improve his current performance as Representative before declaring for the Senate, or declaring for the Senate?

As for Sawx, I understand he wanted to run for Governor, but his switch to TPP seems odd. Of course he has the right to do so, but he also had the option to run in a Labor primary against Barnes which he had a good shot of winning. In addition, his sudden decisions to change half his political views and bizarre, clout-less attacks on Barnes's campaign aren't really helping with my current view of his campaign.

(I consider both these gentlemen friends for the record- I am speaking from my post as a voter and officeholder in the game)

As for LeBron's plagiarism accusations, they simply don't make sense. Bills are shared all the time, often with some changes, between legislators, regions, and the federal government all the time in Atlasia. What he's trying to imply here is a non-issue.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2014, 10:47:29 PM »

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2014, 10:54:26 PM »

Considering most of Labor betrayed me the moment Barnes announced, I don't think I belong there anymore.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2014, 11:15:04 PM »

The Atlasian Laborinth asks the apparition in question to produce the names of all current Labor candidates for office who have demonstrably worse levels of activity in regional or federal legislatures than itself.

The Atlasian Laborinth also notes that while The People's administration may have enjoyed prosperity, the blue-blood in question had to be replaced before his first term concluded, with similar results occurring during his time as Senator, with a similarly-needed resolution over the past month during in the NE Assembly. As such, The Atlasian Laborinth believes it unsubstantiated for the cantdidate in question to imply his association with it.

Hey buddy, no offense but you're wrong on both accounts. Smiley I voluntarily resigned in my second term as a result of the last quarter of high school, and having 2 AP classes, which I did really well in, in case you were wondering. And as a Senator I was praised by then members of the Labor Party such as future President Nix for being "an extremely active senator, where I authored such acts as: The Prison Reform Act of 2013 Smiley I know you worked really hard on this misleading paper, but unfortunately, you got both statements wrong so I have to give you this:

You still get a "Smiley" for effort though!

The Atlasian Laborinth stands by its reporting.

On the matter of the first subject, the phantasm in question admits that he "had to be replaced" as reported; unless the Senotoriously Absent Gentleman wishes to insinuate that the absence of a Vice-President is perfectly legitimate and also that no one had to be tapped to replace him, this stands as fact.

In regards to the second subject, The Atlasian Laborinth's reference to "similar results" pertains to the broader discussion of his lack of commitment to the task which he was elected to do (summarized below). We apologize to our readers for any confusion in the phrasing of the claims, as the presses have been running at full-steam. The following is a summary of said cantdidate's one-month record:

*The Atlasian Laborinth acknowledges that this record is a tad-bit better than the blue-blood's most recent performance, but it comes with a caveat. As reported to us by an anonymous and astute citizen:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2014, 11:17:48 PM »

Considering most of Labor betrayed me the moment Barnes announced, I don't think I belong there anymore.

Labor Chairman Griffin reached out to The Atlasian Laborinth just moments ago. He reported that any intention to run for the NE Governor's seat was never conveyed to him; CJO Barnes, however, did announce his intention to seek the office one day prior to announcing publicly.

Griffin went on to state that "in any case, one of the jobs of Chair is to remain neutral in any party primary (except for that one in October 2013, but who's counting?)" and that "party primaries are a healthy part of the political atmosphere which help the best ideas float to the top".
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2014, 11:43:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Kickass reporting, friend! Smiley

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2014, 04:39:32 AM »

Can we all just take a step back, calm down, and appreciate what a wonderful world we've created when someone can use a phrase like " LeBron's plagiarism accusations" without anyone being remotely confused?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2014, 06:39:56 AM »

For the record, this is patently false. As far as I know, you had only expressed your interest to me and a few others, none of whom endorsed Barnes after he declared. All this talk of "betrayal" and the like is laughable; if you had made you case directly to Laborites, many would have voted for you in the primary, I'd think.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2014, 07:13:35 AM »

For the record, this is patently false. As far as I know, you had only expressed your interest to me and a few others, none of whom endorsed Barnes after he declared. All this talk of "betrayal" and the like is laughable; if you had made you case directly to Laborites, many would have voted for you in the primary, I'd think.

I hate to say it, but Talleyrand has a point here.  Losing in a primary is not exactly tantamount to "betrayal."
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2014, 07:28:30 AM »

Can we all just take a step back, calm down, and appreciate what a wonderful world we've created when someone can use a phrase like " LeBron's plagiarism accusations" without anyone being remotely confused?

mah guns and weed
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2014, 01:43:33 AM »

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

GANONSYONI CONSECESSION - COMING SOON

A SHOCKING EXPOSÉ ON THE PRESIDENT'S DECISION TO CARVE UP OUR COUNTRY
AT THE BEHEST OF TERRORISTS
A NATION, CABINET AND PARTY BEGINS TO REBEL

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »

BUMP
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2014, 11:59:28 AM »

I didn't even see that one at the time...

Hahaha Griffin, that one is good.
Just why on earth am I Obama? Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »

I didn't even see that one at the time...

Hahaha Griffin, that one is good.
Just why on earth am I Obama? Tongue

Because there's a tendency for Obama to be referred to as the "Appeaser-in-Chief" by those on the right in America, he's the President and the image was the best/first example for "appeasement" in Google Images. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies