The Atlasian Laborinth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:57:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Laborinth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Laborinth  (Read 19533 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 10, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Imagine when your party's regional leader vetoes a bill sponsored (and passed), by his own party?

There hasn't been an effective 'federalist' party for quite some time now. Oh, sure, there are people who claim to be members of the party, but they certainly don't work together with any sense of purpose other than to advance the cause of progressivism through atlasia. I'm not really sure what's the point of bothering to show up to vote, when your voice won't change anything.

So, surprise me Federalists. Give me a reason to vote for you.

Me.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fine. Then issue a condemnation of Emperor PiT in vetoing the bill to eliminate income and corporate taxes in the IDS.

I've heard plenty of words and promises and precious little actual support in the crunch.

While not Goldwater, I believe such a statement was issued at me, and as such I will respond.

I'm not going to condemn a regional executive in a position that I myself have never been in. Nor am I going to condemn him for refusing to abolish a source of revenue for the regional government. Do not rush to assume that somehow makes me a puppet of Atlasia's Center-Left/Left-ism. First off I will state that I have long been an opponent of what I, and I believe many here, would define as radical change. Secondly, this is a Center-Left/Left-ist country and to call for a nationally prominent figure to condemn a member of his own party who is both in a leadership position and a regional executive for having refused to sign such a bill as I referred to above would be deemed foolish on a political level. Thirdly, I would not destroy such a stream of revenue without first looking into the various effects, both economic and budgetary.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »

While in the past this paper has served the public well, having seen some recent pieces of text, I fear that this once fine source of news information has become naught but a rag. Such a sad demise.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »

Also, I recall at one point heading what I considered a decently experienced ticket, only to see it go down in flames. So at this point, maybe it's time we invited some "new blood" into the office of the Presidency.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies