Republicans and rape (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans and rape (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans and rape  (Read 1936 times)
CountryRoads
United States

« on: October 24, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »

A lot Pro Lifers don't believe in abortion for rape, but most of us aren't dumb enough to take that position publicly.

Todd Akin, Mourdock, and the other geniuses who've said these idiotic things don't represent the Pro Life movement, the conservative movement, or the republican party IMO. They are fake, and are trying to win over fringe voters.

I'm extremely proud to be Pro Life, but I realize that trying to ban abortion in all cases, especially with rape or when a mother's life is endangered is a very flawed mindset that WILL hurt our movement more then help.

These  exceptions should be made so we can have a shot of banning abortion. Abortion is murder, and retards like Akin, and Mourdock are hindering the Right to Life movement.

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I wish Lugar was the nominee in Indiana. And I HATE Lugar.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 09:52:10 PM »

CountryRoads, the issue I think is that the "no abortion for rape" position is being defended horribly. If a politician says something like "it is still a human and has a right to life" it is much more tenable than when they try to hold to their position while dancing around it. It seems that is where Akinesque scenarios come about

I agree. I'm proud to say I supported Sarah Steelman in the primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies