Maryland as Bush Country? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:08:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Maryland as Bush Country? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maryland as Bush Country?  (Read 6460 times)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 31, 2004, 11:29:26 AM »

I bet they did most of their polling throughout the state -- the majority of voting is done in PG and Baltimore City each year anyway, and as long as Kerry doesn't !@#$ up too much, they'll come out and vote for him.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:38:40 PM »

You're right, Bandit. Most of the state is in fact Republican. Even the most even state where I live (Anne Arundel County) is about 51-44 Republican. But the inner cities and Prince George's County (both that and Baltimore City have very high black populations -- PG County is the most affulent county with an African-American majority in the nation) will both vote for Kerry in droves. Easily outnumbering almost every other county in MD, including those on the eastern shore and the western part of MD.

Dukakis and Mondale were both very different scenarios then Kerry's, as well.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 01:42:44 PM »

Md went dem with southern candidate (Gore, Clinton, Carter) but went rep with guys like Dukakis or Mondale (so Kerry can loose)

Mason Dixon had Kerry up 11 points.

You'll make a lot more money betting on Mason-Dixon than you will  on "Gonzales Marketing & Research"

Yeah, the name of that firm who did the poll was a little odd to me. I had never heard of them before.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies