Obama ad compares losing virginity to voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:02:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama ad compares losing virginity to voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama ad compares losing virginity to voting  (Read 7338 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: October 26, 2012, 02:11:21 AM »

I must say I find this kind of rhetoric quite disturbing too. I mean, it doesn't really stand out in a campaign where 95% of ads are childish and destined to idiots, but I'm still not a fan.

And yeah, the similarity with Putin's stuff is disturbing too.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »

Bleh. I really hate that stuff like this is okay. We're all expected to be incredibly politically correct about some things, yet openness about sex seems to have no ceiling. I really don't like it. Does absolutely everything have to be about sex appeal and consumer culture? What happened to, you know, values?

Wow, I can't believe I actually agree with Hagrid.

I'm not "outraged" at this ad in any way, but I honestly don't like it and I think it indeed reflects something wrong about modern society. If that makes me a puritan, then yeah, I might be one. But I actually think puritanism and the oversexualization of society are actually two faces of the same coin, and that both are equally opposed to an appeased, reasonable approach to sex which remains respectful of individual intimacy.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »

Bleh. I really hate that stuff like this is okay. We're all expected to be incredibly politically correct about some things, yet openness about sex seems to have no ceiling. I really don't like it. Does absolutely everything have to be about sex appeal and consumer culture? What happened to, you know, values?

Wow, I can't believe I actually agree with Hagrid.

I'm not "outraged" at this ad in any way, but I honestly don't like it and I think it indeed reflects something wrong about modern society. If that makes me a puritan, then yeah, I might be one. But I actually think puritanism and the oversexualization of society are actually two faces of the same coin, and that both are equally opposed to an appeased, reasonable approach to sex which remains respectful of individual intimacy.

Thank you!

That commercial was disturbing. It actually was. I cringed. The Russian one was cute and funny. This was liberal and the woman was tattooed and urgh, the commerical progressive and hipster and all around..urrgh!

Like I said, the Russian one was funny, this was just so hipster in its sensibilities, whatever that even means.

*facepalm* The Putin one was just as disturbing. This is why nobody should take you seriously.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »

Am I the only one who, while laughing at the GOP's ridiculous outrage about this, still isn't fond of the ad?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies