Obama ad compares losing virginity to voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:05:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama ad compares losing virginity to voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama ad compares losing virginity to voting  (Read 7362 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: October 26, 2012, 07:32:58 AM »
« edited: October 26, 2012, 07:36:46 AM by Simfan34 »

Bleh. I really hate that stuff like this is okay. We're all expected to be incredibly politically correct about some things, yet openness about sex seems to have no ceiling. I really don't like it. Does absolutely everything have to be about sex appeal and consumer culture? What happened to, you know, values?

Yes, thank you?! Coming from our President this is distressing. What happened to my posts- did someone delete them?

Also, if Spaniards can get into a BBC-worthy furore over a commercial where a woman orgasms whilst she votes, then a a huge backlash is coming for this commercial.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 07:50:03 PM by Simfan34 »

Yes, exactly! "The black man is coming for your white daughters", etc. Just another exposure of the racism and misogyny that deeply underlies American conservatism.

And knowing what you know about me, how does that change your interpretation?

Bleh. I really hate that stuff like this is okay. We're all expected to be incredibly politically correct about some things, yet openness about sex seems to have no ceiling. I really don't like it. Does absolutely everything have to be about sex appeal and consumer culture? What happened to, you know, values?

Wow, I can't believe I actually agree with Hagrid.

I'm not "outraged" at this ad in any way, but I honestly don't like it and I think it indeed reflects something wrong about modern society. If that makes me a puritan, then yeah, I might be one. But I actually think puritanism and the oversexualization of society are actually two faces of the same coin, and that both are equally opposed to an appeased, reasonable approach to sex which remains respectful of individual intimacy.

Thank you!

That commercial was disturbing. It actually was. I cringed. The Russian one was cute and funny. This was liberal and the woman was tattooed and urgh, the commerical progressive and hipster and all around..urrgh!

Like I said, the Russian one was funny, this was just so hipster in its sensibilities, whatever that even means.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »

Much applause!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 07:34:29 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2012, 07:43:23 AM by Simfan34 »

Things like these are why I could never join the Democratic Party, I'd much rather be associated with the bigots, fools, and inanities in the GOP than be associated with this sort of fundamentally revolting crude claptrap. There is no decency in the left.

Yes, exactly! "The black man is coming for your white daughters", etc. Just another exposure of the racism and misogyny that deeply underlies American conservatism.

Lief, you and I both know this is a ridiculous statement.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »

They should put me in a Romney commercial.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 10:00:48 AM »

But seriously, opebo and Lief, the mere fact I am extant destroys your logic, does it not?

The commercial remains crude.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

How many people who don't like this ad are familiar with Lena Dunham's tv show, Girls?

Because this ad is 100% in keeping with that and what she does, and not the Obama campaign.

I believe I've referred to it as "the most progressive thing on television today", though that might have been on the IRC.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »

But seriously, opebo and Lief, the mere fact I am extant destroys your logic, does it not?

In what sense?

Well I'm not worried about negroes coming for vulnerable white women, now am I? I am the negro, and I am after white women, however how bad at that I may be.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 11:32:39 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2012, 12:40:48 PM by PRAYIN' FOR A ROMNEYCANE? »

In what sense?

Well I'm not worried about negroes coming for vulnerable white women, now am I? I am the negro, and I am after white women, however how bad at that I may be.

Obviously not all the opposition to this is racist, but there's certainly a racist undercurrent to a lot of it.
I just think that's a stretch. Most of the furore is what you would deem"prudish" reactions, that's all. Of course, I find it more than justified.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »

Also, I think this is relevant in parsing this ad, that perhaps this ad marks the beginning of the period I refer to- which I deem coterminous with a self-waged "War on Whites".

I would not contend that the primarily white far left, as is sadly prevalent here, does not hold a degree of self-resentment and wishes to engage in a morbid self-flagellation through things like condoning gang culture, single motherhood, affirmative action, historical revisionism, anti-Westernism, Native American and/or Latino nationalism, etc, etc.

These sort of things might be construed as a "war on whites" as a whole, yes. But are Barack Obama or the mainstream Democratic Party engaging in such efforts? I don't think so- not yet, at least.

When the younger left that holds these views comes into the political sphere, more Lena Dunhams and Lincoln Restlers and Occupiers come of age, then yes, I think we can say such a thing is happening. I have good friends, great people, great arguers, but their politics are just mortifying.

Today's politicians, shall find themselves asked whether or not they are "with" this latest bout of progressivism. Being as they are, most will likely say yes- lest they find themselves derided as "reactionary". (With the Soviet Union and its brutal reality fading into the pages of history, I think this latest generation is less afraid to find Marxian thought valid and use its terminology)

Just look at Jimmy Carter's contortions, for one thing. Does anyone truly believe this Georgia Democrat could have ever endorsed 'homosexual marriage"? Likewise, we shall one day see Barack Obama endorse the latest left-wing fad.

So does this make me racist? Well, we've had this discussion before.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »

For what it's worth, a lot of my girl friends on Facebook have posted this video on each other's walls and stuff. Young, 20-something white college-educated girls like this.

Funnily enough, those are my friends but I haven't heard of this outside here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies