Do the trolls in the 2012 board actually believe what they're saying?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:26:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do the trolls in the 2012 board actually believe what they're saying?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
No, they're just doing it for laughs

They're actually serious

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Do the trolls in the 2012 board actually believe what they're saying?  (Read 974 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2012, 06:01:07 PM »

...or are they just trolling for "lulz" or something? I go back and forth. Sometimes I read things and I have a hard time believing people can be that stupid, but other times I think that if they were just doing it as a joke it would've gotten old by now.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »

i'm gonna guess laughs from what i've seen.

on another note, the general forum consensus is still that obama's gonna win right?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:42:41 PM »

on another note, the general forum consensus is still that obama's gonna win right?

I would say, yes.

I certainly hope we're not getting as over-confident as we were toward the end of September...  
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »

I would say, yes.

I certainly hope we're not getting as over-confident as we were toward the end of September...  

I would certainly not get over-confident... but considering the end of September was followed by early October ... and look what happened then.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »

I think there's a lot of generosity going on here...

I think a LOT of them, genuinely believe what they're writing. They've spent the last four years watching Fox News, reading RedState/Alex Jones/assorted crackpots/UNskewed polls etc and listening to Hannity etc, and dismissing MSM sources because they're obviously in the pockets of... pick which ever group they don't like to insert.

They believe Obama is the WORST president ever, that he's everything bad he's been accused of, they cannot understand how, in their frame of reference (since it's obvious what they agree with is correct), Obama could win anything, or that the electorate could be in any way shape or form like 2008... because 'I know Obama is that bad'. So they fixate on things like party ID, because they've read that's how Obama and his puppets in the MSM are fixing the polls...

I feel sorry for genuine rational conservatives who try to provide sensible analysis, but get drowned out by the crazy.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't f***ing stand it...
Wonkish1

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:47:18 PM »

I think there's a lot of generosity going on here...

I think a LOT of them, genuinely believe what they're writing. They've spent the last four years watching Fox News, reading RedState/Alex Jones/assorted crackpots/UNskewed polls etc and listening to Hannity etc, and dismissing MSM sources because they're obviously in the pockets of... pick which ever group they don't like to insert.

They believe Obama is the WORST president ever, that he's everything bad he's been accused of, they cannot understand how, in their frame of reference (since it's obvious what they agree with is correct), Obama could win anything, or that the electorate could be in any way shape or form like 2008... because 'I know Obama is that bad'. So they fixate on things like party ID, because they've read that's how Obama and his puppets in the MSM are fixing the polls...

I feel sorry for genuine rational conservatives who try to provide sensible analysis, but get drowned out by the crazy.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't f***ing stand it...

No different than the people on here who think that MSNBC is an unbiased network or that people who only watch John Stewart are very informed.

I've taken apart more dummies on here to point out that it cuts both ways. Sadly though the leftist crazies on here don't embarrass the sensible Dems at all. I find that interesting.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 08:48:15 PM »

Some (Mister Twister is the obvious example, maybe milhouse) in 1, most in 2.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:57:03 PM »

It's about half and half
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

All the good ones are trolling, but unfortunately some posters fall into the category #2.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 09:05:40 PM »

The Right believes in their conspiracy theories with all their heart and all their soul and all their might. Have no doubts about that.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 12:44:12 AM »

Depends. Mostly yes.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »

No different than the people on here who think that MSNBC is an unbiased network or that people who only watch John Stewart are very informed.

No one on this forum thinks that.
Wonkish1

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 01:54:44 AM »

And this is coming from the person who just created a thread using Think Progress as a reliable source to 'fact check'.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 02:04:14 AM »

And this is coming from the person who just created a thread using Think Progress as a reliable source to 'fact check'.
Hell of a lot better than Niall Ferguson. *cough* *cough*
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 04:48:32 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2012, 05:02:57 AM by windis »

i've yet to see much wrong with msnbc's reporting tbh. it's not unbiased, but i don't really think any network is.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »

Sadly though the leftist crazies on here don't embarrass the sensible Dems at all. I find that interesting.
Some of them are very embarrassed, but yeah, the majority love their little mascots.  I don't understand it, but it seems fairly typical of the breed.  They make our job a whole hell of a lot easier though.
Wonkish1

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »

A) That's way out of left field
B) Actually no its not better. Much of Niall's work has very little if anything to do with politics(giving a historical account of the economy of Renaissance Florence for example). Think Progress produces 100% Democratic talking points.

So your response only illustrates my point above. You fit the bill quite nicely actually.
Wonkish1

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »

i've yet to see much wrong with msnbc's reporting tbh. it's not unbiased, but i don't really think any network is.

LOL!!! I rest my case?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »

The Right believes in their conspiracy theories with all their heart and all their soul and all their might. Have no doubts about that.

LOL.  How did you become so expert on the mental antics of "The Right," whatever that means Memphis? 
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »

LOL!!! I rest my case?

since you used a question mark, no, you don't.
Wonkish1

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »

LOL!!! I rest my case?

You're just the gift that keeps on giving aren't you?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 03:08:15 PM »

Kafkaesque
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »

LOL!!! I rest my case?

You're just the gift that keeps on giving aren't you?

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies