Question the Power: Ask Me Anything! (Mideast)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Question the Power: Ask Me Anything! (Mideast)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Question the Power: Ask Me Anything! (Mideast)  (Read 6054 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 03:32:33 AM »

I am currently in the process of writing up legislation that would legalize meth usage!

That's illegal, Gass.

Why would just writing it up be illegal?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 03:37:40 AM »

I am currently in the process of writing up legislation that would legalize meth usage!

Endorsed.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »

As a concerned citizen, former Governor and former member of the once esteemed Mideast Assembly, I am deeply disturbed by the apparent moral decay among our regional leaders. Not only are orgies and drug abuse prevalent, but the rumors of a love affair between the Governor and a member of the Assembly also raise important questions regarding the separation of powers. My question to the Governor: Are these rumors true, and if yes, will anything be done to remedy these grave problems?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »

What goes on between myself and a certain member of the Assembly is only between us, and it is not something I feel I should share with the public, as details may be too inappropriate for our younger citizens.

I cannot comment on the rumors swirling around other members of our region.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »

This scandal is particularly concerning given that TexasDem is 15 and thus under the age of consent, making the Governor a statutory rapist if these allegations are true.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2013, 07:39:51 PM »

Another month, another questioning time. Ask away!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2013, 07:43:26 PM »

How do you plan to take into account the concerns of the new left-wing minority in the Assembly, especially now that you have a governing Federalist majority?

Inks would be good for this role, but if its just these two, Ben.

That is, if I lived in the Mideast.

I think Inks was briefly regional Senator in 2010, but was defeated by Franzl for a full term. Maybe he'll run for Governor once if Tmth retires from the position.

Wink

Do you intend to run a dictatorship in the region sometime in the foreseeable future? Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »

How do you plan to take into account the concerns of the new left-wing minority in the Assembly, especially now that you have a governing Federalist majority?
It doesn't change anything in my perspective. I'm still going to try and achieve compromise between the two sides, just as I've always done. Granted, legislation will likely turn out more conservative than it would have under a liberal majority, but I suppose that just reflects the will of The People.

Inks would be good for this role, but if its just these two, Ben.

That is, if I lived in the Mideast.

I think Inks was briefly regional Senator in 2010, but was defeated by Franzl for a full term. Maybe he'll run for Governor once if Tmth retires from the position.

Wink
Do you intend to run a dictatorship in the region sometime in the foreseeable future? Tongue
[/quote]
If you mean by scrapping elections and just become the permanent leader, no. Tongue If you mean running again in May, well, it's just way too early to tell. What's going on in the real world will likely determine that for me.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013, 12:39:22 AM »

Governor, as your politics fall on the conservative side of the spectrum, what can your administration do to cancel out the growing liberalism in the Mideast District?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »

Governor, as your politics fall on the conservative side of the spectrum, what can your administration do to cancel out the growing liberalism in the Mideast District?
I plan to banish them all!!! Tongue

Not really - there's not a lot I can do, really, though I would fight hard if strategic registration were being implemented. Hopefully just produce common-sense reforms that get our region going strong economically - hopefully that can get some to realize that good moderate-conservative policies can be very successful and can translate into better election results for our side, as long as we keep that message.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2013, 06:15:43 PM »

I'm sick with bronchitis (shocker!) so may not be on a whole lot for the next couple of days.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 02:57:30 AM »

I'm sick with bronchitis (shocker!) so may not be on a whole lot for the next couple of days.

Hope you get better soon!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 07:26:28 AM »

Yeah, bronchitis sucks. Hopefully you'll be up and running by the end of this week.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2013, 11:57:43 PM »

A new month! Smiley

Folks, especially after last months approval poll, I want to get as much feedback and suggestions from y'all as possible.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2013, 01:25:38 AM »

While I'm no longer in the Mideast, I think you've continued to do a great job. I'd probably vote for you if you ran for reelection. Wink I definitely disagree with some of the bills you've signed lately, but the Mideast is far more conservative than my home region and I support any pragmatic efforts to make good policy. I say keep it up!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2013, 01:32:10 AM »

While I'm no longer in the Mideast, I think you've continued to do a great job. I'd probably vote for you if you ran for reelection. Wink I definitely disagree with some of the bills you've signed lately, but the Mideast is far more conservative than my home region and I support any pragmatic efforts to make good policy. I say keep it up!
Thank you for your words of encouragement! Smiley I am looking forward to an exciting summer with many great opportunities as well as attending the school of my dream this upcoming fall. I can assure you I will not be running again, though I may continue in another capacity. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2013, 12:39:08 PM »

Bump again! Sorry that it is a few days late.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2013, 02:16:11 PM »

What are your thoughts on introducing a secret ballot to Mideast elections?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »

What are your thoughts on introducing a secret ballot to Mideast elections?
I like the idea in principle. If a good system was proposed with no major flaws, I wouldn't be opposed to giving it a test run.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2013, 09:14:41 AM »

Since the last of these events was meant to be held at the end of April, I am going to open a new session. I know it's very early into my term, but please ask your questions right away!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »

What are your thoughts on modifying the way Mideast amendments are voted on so that Abstaining votes are omitted from the count (ie. don't count as Nay)?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »

What are your thoughts on modifying the way Mideast amendments are voted on so that Abstaining votes are omitted from the count (ie. don't count as Nay)?

I absolutely support this idea. Voting "abstain" is more or less pointless when it essentially counts as a "nay", and it's also confusing. Indeed, I am pretty sure that not every Mideasterner who voted "abstain" at some point was aware that his/her vote would be treated as a "nay" vote.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »

I absolutely support this idea. Voting "abstain" is more or less pointless when it essentially counts as a "nay", and it's also confusing. Indeed, I am pretty sure that not every Mideasterner who voted "abstain" at some point was aware that his/her vote would be treated as a "nay" vote.

I like this idea as well.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »

Are there more questions? If not, I am going to close this month's session soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies