CA-36: Ruiz (D) internal shows him ahead by six over MBM (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:31:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  CA-36: Ruiz (D) internal shows him ahead by six over MBM (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-36: Ruiz (D) internal shows him ahead by six over MBM  (Read 4058 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: November 16, 2012, 11:48:58 PM »
« edited: November 16, 2012, 11:51:06 PM by Sbane »

To be fair to Torie, I don't think anyone saw this seat flipping, or Bilbray's. Lungren always seemed to have trouble winning re-election and Ami Bera had Silicon Valley money behind him so that wasn't too surprising to me.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened here. If you look at the CVAP numbers, Hispanics aren't that powerful in this district. She must have pissed of Palm Springs somehow, or maybe the snow birds didn't return in time for the election. A precinct result map of this district would be awesome.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 12:41:54 AM »

It will be interesting to see how Obama did in CA-36. I think Ruiz and Obama might get the same numbers. Ami Bera winning, and even Bilbray losing doesn't surprise me as much as this result. At least Bilbray's district votes Democrat for some offices. And Bilbray's seat also has a lot of Asians, who seem to have swung to Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies