SENATE PERFORMANCE TOWNHALL - Question the Power Here Too!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:02:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE PERFORMANCE TOWNHALL - Question the Power Here Too!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE PERFORMANCE TOWNHALL - Question the Power Here Too!  (Read 412 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »

Since July, the Senate has declined by 20% each month in its approval rating.

July August September October
82% 62%    45%           25%

Quite a shift there. Therefore, there must be several active and engaged people who voted approve then and have since bled away.

This thread is a place where you can vent your frustration directly about what has happened over that four months. But in the process of releasing your fiery fits of rage, do please remember to give some kind of substantive reason for your new found anger. Tongue

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »

I'm interested in hearing what Atlasians have to say about this. While the Senate's approval rating was abysmal, nearly every sitting Senator received stellar individual marks from the voters, with only Ben under 2/3 approval.

And yet, I've given nobody a reason to disapprove.  It's all very odd.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:12:32 PM »

I'm interested in hearing what Atlasians have to say about this. While the Senate's approval rating was abysmal, nearly every sitting Senator received stellar individual marks from the voters, with only Ben under 2/3 approval.

May  June  July   August September October
80% 72%  67% 67%      54%           55%

Seems rather recent, though you did have the same problem as SoEA back last year. Perhaps a bunch of your enemies weren't voting in my polls and all the sudden started doing so while some of your supporters vanished. The approvals do match your close reelection win (sorry I forgot to poll that race Tongue), something which is very rare looking back.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »

I suspect that what we're seeing is a consequence of the fact that you're Atlasia's Bob Kerrey.

Huh
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »

I suspect that what we're seeing is a consequence of the fact that you're Atlasia's Bob Kerrey.
No, he is Atlasia's Joe Lieberman. Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »

Never.  Compare.  Me.  To.  Him.  Again.

If I had to pick someone, I'd compare myself to someone like Sam Nunn.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 07:30:53 AM »

Well there was time way back in that day..... Tongue

I find it telling that this thread has become less about the Senate overall and more about Ben's approval woes. Tongue Not anything about Ben, but more so about people's attitude about the Senate. It is easy to vote disapprove, then to complain/explain it publically and certainly more easy then actually working to change it.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »

Just like in the United States.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »

Well there was time way back in that day..... Tongue

I find it telling that this thread has become less about the Senate overall and more about Ben's approval woes. Tongue Not anything about Ben, but more so about people's attitude about the Senate. It is easy to vote disapprove, then to complain/explain it publically and certainly more easy then actually working to change it.
Is it much better to do what I do, just accept its flaws and vote yes just because I know that I couldn't do much better, or to have to high asperation of the goal of the senate and then be disappointed when it doesn't happen, I mean activity is a problem in the senate.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »

Legislation has been by-and-large awful. Banning free refills, restricting gun rights, the "Dignity Act", the co-operative pilot program, and the national university bill have all been awful.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »

I think there may also be an underlying component that is reflected in the "waves" of activity and registration. Most people serving in the Senate have either been around quite some time and/or have cycled from other offices. Contrasting with that, we have had a relatively new surge of recruits join the game that have yet to 'scale the ladder' so to speak, when it comes to running for national office.

In summary, there may be more disapproval reflected recently as a result of "old" versus "new", as opposed to policy.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »

I think there may also be an underlying component that is reflected in the "waves" of activity and registration. Most people serving in the Senate have either been around quite some time and/or have cycled from other offices. Contrasting with that, we have had a relatively new surge of recruits join the game that have yet to 'scale the ladder' so to speak, when it comes to running for national office.

In summary, there may be more disapproval reflected recently as a result of "old" versus "new", as opposed to policy.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:18 AM »

And yet, the individual approval ratings are sky high. The average is still 67% in spite of Bacon King and Townsend's devasting drops, largely because MArokai, Hagrid and myself had large surges in approvals. Two of us are old and one of us is new. NVTownsend is relatively new and BK is old as the hills. Why would such a trend be manifest in the approval of the body, rather than the approval of the individuals themselves?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies