Romney to campaign in PA.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:01:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney to campaign in PA.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Romney to campaign in PA.  (Read 1870 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »

Is Axelrod worried about a Bradley Effect?  He's mentioned it

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »

I don't think Obama is good enought a b-ball to make it a career.

It was actually Trippi who said it was still there:  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/12/sunday/main4515842.shtml

There was zero evidence of it in 2008 in PA, but I'm wondering if Obama is worried about it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »

Whoa dude, that's basketball sensation and retired rapper Shaquille O'Neal, not Barack Obama! Jeez, racist much?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »

It was actually Trippi who said it was still there:  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/12/sunday/main4515842.shtml

There was zero evidence of it in 2008 in PA, but I'm wondering if Obama is worried about it.
So there was absolutely zero evidence of it, a politician's man mentions it one single time, Obama's not going to PA at all, and you honestly think Obama is worried about? Come on JJ, I know it's getting close to that nerve-racking day for all of us, but I think you know better. If Obama somehow is absolutely taken in every way by surprise in PA and Romney manages the miracle, that's fine, but this will not be the reason.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »

When you have to hope for the Bradley Effect to save you, it really is over.

pepper11
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 07:51:48 PM »

In 2008, Obama spend more money in PA than any other state, and he won by the same margin he won in Iowa. He has spent 7 mil this year. Not sure why its so hard to believe the state is in play.

2008:
Pennsylvania Obama $40M
Florida: Obama $37M
Virginia: Obama $26M
Ohio: Obama $26M
Indiana: Obama $17M
North Carolina: Obama $15M
Iowa: Obama $13M
Wisconsin: Obama $12M
Michigan Obama $12M
New Hampshire: Obama $11M
Missouri: Obama $11M
Colorado Obama $10M
Nevada: Obama $9M
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »

When you have to hope for the Bradley Effect to save you, it really is over.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 07:59:31 PM »

It was the Dems who sent Bill Clinton into Minnesota and Pennsylvania today.

If they did not think Romney was a threat in both states, they would not have sent Clinton into those states.

So, it seems to me, the Dems as well are not as confident as some around here would like everyone to believe.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »

Whoa dude, that's basketball sensation and retired rapper Shaquille O'Neal, not Barack Obama! Jeez, racist much?

After he's defeated, he's not good enough to make a career at b-ball.  Or are you one of those people that thinks all black people are good at basketball? 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 08:12:12 PM »

I don't know why you're talking about Barack Obama and basketball. I just posted a cool pic of basketball great and fifteen time NBA All-Star Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 08:15:52 PM »

So there was absolutely zero evidence of it, a politician's man mentions it one single time, Obama's not going to PA at all, and you honestly think Obama is worried about? Come on JJ, I know it's getting close to that nerve-racking day for all of us, but I think you know better. If Obama somehow is absolutely taken in every way by surprise in PA and Romney manages the miracle, that's fine, but this will not be the reason.

The only things that I can see for the increased interest is that:

1.  Obama thinks the polls are wrong and he needs to spend money here.

2.  He's worried about D turnout.

This isn't about who is going to win PA; it's about why Obama is spending money here.  He was advertizing on the radio in Phila about two weeks ago.  

I wouldn't be focusing on PA; it is not as good as 2008, but it is still comfortable.  Obama has started focusing on PA.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »

I don't know why you're talking about Barack Obama and basketball. I just posted a cool pic of basketball great and fifteen time NBA All-Star Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal.

Because my reference was to Obama; he isn't good enough to play professionally.  He may need a second profession soon, but it won't be b'ball. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »

Why would he need to play basketball?! Black people can do more than just be president and play basketball professionally, J.J. Good lord, it's not the 1950s anymore.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 08:24:28 PM »

There was no evidence of the Bradley Effect anywhere in 2008.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »

Why would he need to play basketball?! Black people can do more than just be president and play basketball professionally, J.J. Good lord, it's not the 1950s anymore.

Well, he'd need another career.  Why then post a clip of Shaq in a discussion of the presidental race.  Are you planning a write in campaign? 
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2012, 08:29:24 PM »

Bradley Effect?

Christ.....can't wait till this sh**t is over.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »

Obama knows if he loses PA he's toast anyway, he's still working on that "firewall"....... playing defense....Cheesy

Pretty smart of Romny to attack some of these states in the last week, he timed it really well so Obama wouldn't have time to respond, at this point Obama is stretched to thin.  
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:16 PM »

Pretty smart of Romny to attack some of these states in the last week, he timed it really well so Obama wouldn't have time to respond,

Just like McCain 2008, yeah. That was really smart too.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »

Well, he'd need another career.  Why then post a clip of Shaq in a discussion of the presidental race.  Are you planning a write in campaign?  

I just wanted to juxtapose that delightful animated image of basketball legend and four-time NBA Championship winner Shaquille O'Neal laughing derisively with your ridiculous comment. It's not my fault your mind immediately wandered to race!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »

Some states, there may have been.  Obama overpolled in IA for example.  Though we don't have good polls, possibly NY.  It was small, and it was not enough to effect the result, but it was there.

It was not there in PA.  The polls were dead on.  

Oh Yank, I have not been the first guy to mention it.  
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »

Pretty smart of Romny to attack some of these states in the last week, he timed it really well so Obama wouldn't have time to respond,

Just like McCain 2008, yeah. That was really smart too.

McCain didn't have a choice. He was done for in early October.

It's always a smart move to expand the map as much as you can, particularly if you have money to burn. Obama did the same thing in 2008.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »

Some states, there may have been.  Obama overpolled in IA for example.  Though we don't have good polls, possibly NY.  It was small, and it was not enough to effect the result, but it was there.

It was not there in PA.  The polls were dead on.  

Oh Yank, I have not been the first guy to mention it.  

Obviously there's no reason but the Bradley Effect that this could be the case.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »

I just wanted to juxtapose that delightful animated image of basketball legend and four-time NBA Championship winner Shaquille O'Neal laughing derisively with your ridiculous comment. It's not my fault your mind immediately wandered to race!

And when I said that Obama wasn't good enough to be a professional basketball player (and he'd probably agree), you posted:

Now, you must think all black people must be good at B-ball to post something like that.  Is there deep-seated racial stereotyping with you, Lief?   
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »

How dare you! I am widely regarded as one of the least racist posters on this entire forum!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »

How dare you! I am widely regarded as one of the least racist posters on this entire forum!

Well, I'm not so sure now.  Why would you assume that me saying Obama could not play basketball professionally was "racist," in your own words?

Oh, BTW, I doubt if a black person could have been elected president in the 1950's. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies